._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4{width:100%}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4:hover ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA{display:none}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4 ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA,._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4:hover ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:block}._1LHxa-yaHJwrPK8kuyv_Y4 ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:none} The two soon became engaged but eventually broke up around 1994. WebVocalist, guitarist, producer known as 'Madlock'. It wasnt so much his power that impressed but his willingness and ability to push very hard on such a large range of vocal tone. (i.e. Original Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr spent the day before Layne Staley's death Starr's birthday, in fact hanging out with the singer at his University District apartment. So crazy, so crazy, so crazy LAYNE WAS EVERYTHING BUT CRAZY. Rooster is a bit different because the guitar riff is not itself acoustically. Although over time he became a master of tonal control which I think is why early songs sound harder but later songs sound more complete. Stick black dress doll with pin. Heres twelve of my favorite vocal performances Layne Staley put on a studio recording starting from earliest to latest: He wouldn't answer the door or take calls. WebWatch this video to learn how I went from less than octave of range to the seriously pro voice you'll hear in my "before and after" section - using the killer vocal blueprint and free Vowel Modification Layne Staley - Vocal Cover. And I like you site here. By then, Demri had also become addicted to heroin. WebAll together, The Four Pillars of Singing offers a total of 32 vocal workouts with 64 different options to explore and train your voice. The interaction was mixed: According to David de Sola's book, Layne was in a sour mood and got into an argument with Mike over his use of benzodiazepine. His body was discovered on April 20, seemingly two weeks after his death. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8L-gMvlM2k. When the song slows downgives me chills. In 2002, the acclaimed frontman died at the young age of 34, shocking the world and sending the band in turmoil for years. Perhaps the most tragic part of this was that the bassist, worried by Staley's appearance, tried to call 911 for his friend but the singer declined. ._1x9diBHPBP-hL1JiwUwJ5J{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:#ff585b;padding-left:3px;padding-right:24px}._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4{height:16px;padding-right:4px;vertical-align:top}.icon._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5{height:20px;vertical-align:middle;padding-right:8px}.QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{height:18px;padding-right:8px;vertical-align:top}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 .QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)} Layne was a god. C5 (Lip Lock Rock, Ya Yeah Ya, Sickman live, Queen of the Rodeo live at the Marquee (Dallas) 1990, Whatcha Gonna Do) His expressed his struggles with depression and drug abuse through his chilling vocals that were equally beautiful and haunting. This would be the singer's home for the next five years leading up to his death. "I know I'm dying," he said in a portion of the interview reprinted byMTV. WebLayne Thomas Staley (born Layne Rutherford Staley; August 22, 1967 April 5, 2002) [2] [3] was an American singer and songwriter who was the original lead vocalist of the rock band Alice in Chains, which rose to international fame in the early 1990s as part of Seattle 's grunge movement. 4. E5 (Sickman) It was a warning.". . I did crack and heroin for years. ._2cHgYGbfV9EZMSThqLt2tx{margin-bottom:16px;border-radius:4px}._3Q7WCNdCi77r0_CKPoDSFY{width:75%;height:24px}._2wgLWvNKnhoJX3DUVT_3F-,._3Q7WCNdCi77r0_CKPoDSFY{background:var(--newCommunityTheme-field);background-size:200%;margin-bottom:16px;border-radius:4px}._2wgLWvNKnhoJX3DUVT_3F-{width:100%;height:46px} In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Layne Staley's official date of death was declared April 5, 2002. also Down In a Hole, Man In the Box, Rooster, Nutshell, Sludge Factory and sooo much more, the real original band that he co-formed not the imitation with Duvall, as Jerry should have renamed the band especially not wanting to give Laynes mom her portion of earnings saying that when Layne passed so did his earnings??? We think these five songs are where that distinctive connection Talented, honest, funny, intelligent. Every so often, you'd see that little glimmer.". very, very powerful. He has suffered from drug addiction most of his life and many of the songs he wrote were about his Struggling . By the time he passed away on August 5, 2002, the singer was physically and emotionally crippled by his addiction to heroin, as well as his use of other drugs. Someone feels what I feel when listening to Wake Up and River of Deceit . Most people call this his golden period. Of course I didn't know he was going to die, or I would've called 911 anyways. .Rd5g7JmL4Fdk-aZi1-U_V{transition:all .1s linear 0s}._2TMXtA984ePtHXMkOpHNQm{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;margin-bottom:4px}.CneW1mCG4WJXxJbZl5tzH{border-top:1px solid var(--newRedditTheme-line);margin-top:16px;padding-top:16px}._11ARF4IQO4h3HeKPpPg0xb{transition:all .1s linear 0s;display:none;fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);height:16px;width:16px;vertical-align:middle;margin-bottom:2px;margin-left:4px;cursor:pointer}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:hover ._11ARF4IQO4h3HeKPpPg0xb{display:inline-block}._2IvhQwkgv_7K0Q3R0695Cs{border-radius:4px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line)}._2IvhQwkgv_7K0Q3R0695Cs:focus{outline:none}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B{transition:all .1s linear 0s;border-radius:4px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line)}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:focus{outline:none}._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B.IeceazVNz_gGZfKXub0ak,._1I3N-uBrbZH-ywcmCnwv_B:hover{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk._35hmSCjPO8OEezK36eUXpk{margin-top:25px;left:-9px}._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP,._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP:focus-within,._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP._3aEIeAgUy9VfJyRPljMNJP:hover{transition:all .1s linear 0s;border:none;padding:8px 8px 0}._25yWxLGH4C6j26OKFx8kD5{display:inline}._2YsVWIEj0doZMxreeY6iDG{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;padding:4px 6px}._1hFCAcL4_gkyWN0KM96zgg{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);margin-right:8px;margin-left:auto;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-errorText)}._1hFCAcL4_gkyWN0KM96zgg,._1dF0IdghIrnqkJiUxfswxd{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;cursor:pointer;-ms-flex-item-align:end;align-self:flex-end;-webkit-user-select:none;-ms-user-select:none;user-select:none}._1dF0IdghIrnqkJiUxfswxd{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3VGrhUu842I3acqBMCoSAq{font-weight:700;color:#ff4500;text-transform:uppercase;margin-right:4px}._3VGrhUu842I3acqBMCoSAq,.edyFgPHILhf5OLH2vk-tk{font-size:12px;line-height:16px}.edyFgPHILhf5OLH2vk-tk{font-weight:400;-ms-flex-preferred-size:100%;flex-basis:100%;margin-bottom:4px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX{margin-top:6px}._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._19lMIGqzfTPVY3ssqTiZSX._3MAHaXXXXi9Xrmc_oMPTdP{margin-top:4px} Staley's incredible vocal is the most impressive element about the classic, flexing his incredible range while playing pied piper down the path of broken dreams and depression. ._1sDtEhccxFpHDn2RUhxmSq{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:18px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-flow:row nowrap;flex-flow:row nowrap}._1d4NeAxWOiy0JPz7aXRI64{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText)}.icon._3tMM22A0evCEmrIk-8z4zO{margin:-2px 8px 0 0} E2 (Frogs,A Little Bitter) I just try to console people.") Rushmore of vocalists, but his raw emotion, subtle nuances, and vocal range make him arguably one of the best ever. Hommes ability to churn out incredible rock n roll hits to go along with his impressive tenor range vocally make him one of the best frontmen in rock music. F5 (I Cant Have You Blues) and Happy Birthday, my friend! This is third of three songs I referenced earlier. X-Ray Mind Mad Season. This is a song about pain . He is the lead singer of a wonderful band called Alice in chains. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Someone finally did a study on Laynes vocal range.. pretty interesting stuff..by someone who actually took the time to do it right and KNOWS what their talking about..Its really nice to see that people still care and that people see the genius in Layne that I personally saw the first time I heard him sing live. ._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{width:100%}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF,._2ik4YxCeEmPotQkDrf9tT5{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}._1DR1r7cWVoK2RVj_pKKyPF{-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;max-width:100%}._1CVe5UNoFFPNZQdcj1E7qb{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:4px}._2UOVKq8AASb4UjcU1wrCil{height:28px;width:28px;margin-top:6px}.FB0XngPKpgt3Ui354TbYQ{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:start;align-items:flex-start;-ms-flex-direction:column;flex-direction:column;margin-left:8px;min-width:0}._3tIyrJzJQoNhuwDSYG5PGy{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%}.TIveY2GD5UQpMI7hBO69I{font-size:12px;font-weight:500;line-height:16px;color:var(--newRedditTheme-titleText);white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis}.e9ybGKB-qvCqbOOAHfFpF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%;max-width:100%;margin-top:2px}.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5.y3jF8D--GYQUXbjpSOL5{font-weight:400;box-sizing:border-box}._28u73JpPTG4y_Vu5Qute7n{margin-left:4px} RIP Layne. I don't give a f*ck if you f*cking believe me or not, dude. look up the Mad Season Live At The Moore performance of "Lifeless Dead" and you can get a good feeling for how loud he could be when pushed. Your mouth takes on my grin Layne Staley August 22, 1967 April 5, 2002. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); All text content on this website is copyrighted by Barbara Dearaujo Text and comments may NOT be reproduced on or offline with out permission. The reasons why have been well documented but today Id like to remember his iconic voice and some of his brilliant performances. Most vocalists find their range and stick to i.t and diversify by adding power in that range. His yeahayeeYEEEAAAAAAHHHWWWWLIFELESSSDEAAADDDD gives me chills every time. Staleys passion for music started with percussion when he was 12, and then continued with drums in his However as one pretty deep dude once saidYour pain is self chosen. You can get lost in his voice and u can cry when u hear the lyrics. I'd much rather have him alive and not talking to me than to have lost such a great human being [] a great friend. F5 (Movie appearance, Over the Edge) January 31, 2019. >>>God Am: Invite you in my heart, then The stones in their plaaaaaeeeaaaeeeace < this last word is dragged out for 4 seconds, and not in some off key high pitched or screamed vocal. Featuring Kegan from Foundation Vocal. Pick at me slow, pain fiend Rise from the dirt Im in. G2 (Junkhead live at Singles movie premiere 1992,Sickman, Sludge Factory) .ehsOqYO6dxn_Pf9Dzwu37{margin-top:0;overflow:visible}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu{height:24px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu{border-radius:2px}._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:focus,._2pFdCpgBihIaYh9DSMWBIu.uMPgOFYlCc5uvpa2Lbteu:hover{background-color:var(--newRedditTheme-navIconFaded10);outline:none}._38GxRFSqSC-Z2VLi5Xzkjy{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT{border-top:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);cursor:pointer;padding:8px 16px 8px 8px;text-transform:none}._2DO72U0b_6CUw3msKGrnnT:hover{background-color:#0079d3;border:none;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-body)} B4 (Dont Follow, Wake Up, Heroin demo, Junkhead, Rooster, King of the Kats demo, Rooster demo, Sickman, Im Above, Sealed with a Kiss, I Dont Care, Suffragette City, Real Thing demo, Sweet Leaf live, False Alarm live, Rooster demo) The vocal harmonies between Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell of Alice In Chains are some of the most recognizable in all of rock music. If youre not a music expert but you listen with noise cancelling headphones on, you can hear just how amazing his voice is. Published. This is how harmonies are done, kids. Keeping the songs in the upper fourth octave is an intentional signature sound of AiC, going up to the fifth octave would really change the vibe of their sound. Down in a Hole, Rooster and Nutshell specifically are spectacular. You can reach him via Twitter, where he is known to tweet out upcoming interviews to gather questions from fans that have the chance to be included in the interview and podcast. Tate. Like many Layne vocals, there is a fifth in there that gives it a ghostly feel. . He stays fairly consistent in the range he is in throughout the song and pushes them to the absolute max. Shame In You Go to 3:30. Watch Intro Video. I believe he took vocal lessons from Maestro David P. Kyle, who also taught Geoff Tate and Ann Wilson. A Subreddit for anything Alice in Chains related. Am I Inside Black is all I feel, so this is how it feels to be free One of the most haunting lyrical and vocal performances of Laynes career. And while he will be forever remembered for his long and storied musical career, the last year of Layne's life depicts him as a very different person, whose traumas and issues with addiction had fundamentally changed the musician so many people knew and loved. April 5, 2020 marks the 18th Anniversary since Layne Staleys death. Layne Rutherford Staley (22 August 1967 - 5 April 2002) Vocal Range: E2 - A5. On October 29, 1996, she passed away due to inflammation of the heart caused by a previous overdose, according toFind A Grave. The most powerful performance from Layne is when he and AIC did the unplugged show and played Down in a Hole. Don't try to talk about this to my sister Liz. "I never wanted [the public's] thumbs' up about this f*cking drug use," he said. I cant claim to really understand it, but what I can say is that I think Layne Staley had possibly the most beautiful and unique voice of the last century. A moment before, Staley had revealed: "My liver is not functioning and I'm throwing up all the time and sh*tting my pants. Down in a hole and theyve put all I feel fortunate to have so much music from him but the greedy side still wishes there was more locked away in a vault somewhere. Mad Season | Mark Lanegan - Vocal Cover. His expressed his struggles with depression and drug abuse through his chilling vocals that were equally beautiful and haunting. Cant hide sick ones youre weeding ._2Gt13AX94UlLxkluAMsZqP{background-position:50%;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-size:contain;position:relative;display:inline-block} Rushmore of vocalists, but his raw emotion, subtle nuances, and vocal range make him arguably one of the best ever. It's all there in Sap, Jar Of Flies, and the MTV Unplugged. Tate. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. You can get lost in his voice and u can cry when u hear the lyrics. Sung vocal range: F2-B5 These days, many believe that grunge killed heavy metal outright, the former's ferocious honesty instantly silencing the latter's superficial love of girls, drugs, and soft-boil satanism. He died from an O.D and was found on the couch 2 weeks later, Speaking during a February 2010 episode of Loveline, Mike said, "I was with him all that day on my birthday trying to keep him alive. ", Perhaps the most painful thing about this is that Layne's sense of hopelessness drove him to isolate even further and push away even those who loved him. The man was just so talented. I think its pretty obvious that he kicks serious ass! Yet, for the last year of his life, almost no one visited Staley in this apartment, and he rarely left. Keep it up. and its not sickman Help? Total vocal range: G1-A6, A6 (False Alarm live) The last time I saw Layne and the last picture we have of him is holding baby Oscar. G6 (False Alarm live) Haley the track is either got me wrong or caz u said circus music and it dint go mainstream ..queen of the rodeo, sorry its definitely I stay away from jar of flies EP, Finally some whos agree that demos version of Junnkhead is better then originals, One of those unique voices, gift to our ears and soul, Wow where to beginas a hard core fan and he is my all time favorite vocalistthe whole entire Mad Season album! The powerful range he has in these two songs truly amazes me and really shows how VERY talented this man was.There is a different sound and style to so many of his songs that you get the full effect of what his voice could really do. Mad Season | Mark Lanegan - Vocal Cover. Demri had a look that seemed to define the musical era, beautiful in a small-town way with her bright eyes, round cheeks, and curly hair. Watch Intro Video. I love the Mad Season songs. According to an interview she did withThe Seattle Times, Nancy was working the front desk of a rehab clinic on the day that Layne passed away. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. For many fans, Alice in Chains epitomized the musical movement we now call "grunge." Rushmore of vocalists, but his raw emotion, subtle nuances, and vocal range make him arguably one of the best ever. The songs vocal gets completely overlooked (and I get it, there are so many great ones). They are both from Facelift. Staley's body was sitting upright on his couch. Selected Tracks: No One Knows, The Lost Art of Keeping A Secret, Keep Your Eyes Peeled 34. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. .c_dVyWK3BXRxSN3ULLJ_t{border-radius:4px 4px 0 0;height:34px;left:0;position:absolute;right:0;top:0}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:start;justify-content:flex-start;margin-top:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._33jgwegeMTJ-FJaaHMeOjV{border-radius:9001px;height:32px;width:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._1wQQNkVR4qNpQCzA19X4B6{height:16px;margin-left:8px;width:200px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:12px 0}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._29TSdL_ZMpyzfQ_bfdcBSc{-ms-flex:1;flex:1}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx .JEV9fXVlt_7DgH-zLepBH{height:18px;width:50px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._3YCOmnWpGeRBW_Psd5WMPR{height:12px;margin-top:4px;width:60px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN{height:18px;margin-bottom:4px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2E9u5XvlGwlpnzki78vasG{width:230px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN.fDElwzn43eJToKzSCkejE{width:100%}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2kNB7LAYYqYdyS85f8pqfi{width:250px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._1XmngqAPKZO_1lDBwcQrR7{width:120px}._3XbVvl-zJDbcDeEdSgxV4_{border-radius:4px;height:32px;margin-top:16px;width:100%}._2hgXdc8jVQaXYAXvnqEyED{animation:_3XkHjK4wMgxtjzC1TvoXrb 1.5s ease infinite;background:linear-gradient(90deg,var(--newCommunityTheme-field),var(--newCommunityTheme-inactive),var(--newCommunityTheme-field));background-size:200%}._1KWSZXqSM_BLhBzkPyJFGR{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetBackgroundColor);border-radius:4px;padding:12px;position:relative;width:auto} ._2a172ppKObqWfRHr8eWBKV{-ms-flex-negative:0;flex-shrink:0;margin-right:8px}._39-woRduNuowN7G4JTW4I8{margin-top:12px}._136QdRzXkGKNtSQ-h1fUru{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:8px 0;width:100%}.r51dfG6q3N-4exmkjHQg_{font-size:10px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-transform:uppercase;-ms-flex-pack:justify;justify-content:space-between;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center}.r51dfG6q3N-4exmkjHQg_,._2BnLYNBALzjH6p_ollJ-RF{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._2BnLYNBALzjH6p_ollJ-RF{margin-left:auto}._1-25VxiIsZFVU88qFh-T8p{padding:0}._2nxyf8XcTi2UZsUInEAcPs._2nxyf8XcTi2UZsUInEAcPs{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetTextColor)} The way he finished each verse over Jerry Cantrells low vocal was a thing of beauty. According to Seattle Weekly, police were forced to break down Staley's door after his mother had called them to his University District apartment. Keeping the songs in the upper fourth octave is an intentional signature sound of AiC, going up to the fifth octave would really change the vibe of their sound. The unplugged show is absolutely unbelievable and these acoustic versions of many of the tracks are much, much better than the originals. He is the lead singer of a wonderful band called Alice in chains. I just found it recently. WebAll together, The Four Pillars of Singing offers a total of 32 vocal workouts with 64 different options to explore and train your voice. He didnt loose any range, he doesnt sound like he got any serious vocal issues throughout his career, one of the most (vocally speaking) healthy vocalists in rock history. There are so many songs to choose from but these two really stand out for me. Such a shame to have lost such a talent. WebLayne Staley was the frontman of Alice in Chains, rock band that became famous in early 90's during Steattle's grunge movement. I can feel his pain; he was the poet of pain. I believe there used to be more to the study but this was all I found so enjoy. There are so many different registers used in this song. Dope sick hurts the entire body.". Layne Staley, who rose to prominence with Alice in Chains, one of the forerunners of the Seattle grunge scene throughout the late 1980s and into the first half of the 90s, had a voice like none other and is often overlooked as merely a It was originally posted at therangeplace.forummotion.com but now you have to join there to read anything. He weighed 80-some pounds and his health was deteriorating. According to Seattle Weekly , police were forced to break down Staley's door after his mother had called them to his University District apartment. Sadly, Staley's vocals never got recorded, though he was interested in the project right up until his death. The pain is more than you can handle. His aw yeahs are classic Layne Staley. Layne Staley was the ultimate example of a rock 'n' roll tragedy a star whose incredible talent and creativity was cut short by an addiction that eventually grew out of his control. It was a short song in time but it was full of that raw emotion and power that Layne showed us at the beginning of Alice in Chains career. Now. He was one of the few singers that sounded just as good with a big harmony piece as he did with a single tracked vocal. @keyframes ibDwUVR1CAykturOgqOS5{0%{transform:rotate(0deg)}to{transform:rotate(1turn)}}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq{--sizePx:0;font-size:4px;position:relative;text-indent:-9999em;border-radius:50%;border:4px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyTextAlpha20);border-left-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);transform:translateZ(0);animation:ibDwUVR1CAykturOgqOS5 1.1s linear infinite}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq,._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq:after{width:var(--sizePx);height:var(--sizePx)}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq:after{border-radius:50%}._3LwT7hgGcSjmJ7ng7drAuq._2qr28EeyPvBWAsPKl-KuWN{margin:0 auto}