But tbh the UK has plenty of issues on the horizon to do with international connections so this might not be a priority. The picklist is unsorted. Some updates can also mess with the Alexa skill. Yes, I can for the time being listen to these stations on my dedicated standalone Internet Radio but is what station aggregators do really that much different from what TuneIn was doing? Sports . TuneIn is a streaming service that you can link up with Alexa to enjoy internet radio. That is incredibly vague and could not just affect TuneIn, but also any app that can retrieve media that contains audio or even a radio device as it contains a guide (the tuning dial or the digital display) that can allow the user to tune to a frequency to hear a service from outside the UK! These are my own opinions and assumptions about where this ruling could lead. Sorry to hear you're having trouble tuning into to RNZ at the moment, unfortunately we recently released some audio quality upgrades that have caused issues with TuneIn internet streaming services delivering RNZ content. Thank you for reaching out. I have rebooted the Echos to no avail. UPDATE: someone on another forum found a workaround. If your device isn't set to UK English, that can lead to the problem with getting foreign radio stations. it happens with hey Siri and pressing home buttons. Alarm station is set to 3FM but random dutch station are playing atalarm. I stop the chime physically on the Play 1 and then use the app to select a radio station. Keep us posted here. Where some units provide built-in streaming radio functionality, with the Sony CMT-SX7B this is achieved through Chromecast built-in. To be honest I havent asked for GH Leeds or North Yorkshire for a while . The best thing about Alexa is that you can easily add a wide range of skills to your device. Play it anywhere or everywhere "Hey Siri, play Lucy Dacus in the kitchen." "Hey Siri, play this podcast in the bedroom." "Hey Siri, play Lucy Dacus in the office and kitchen." "Hey Siri, play this everywhere." if needed. It has been increasingly more successful to be more specific using various combinations of the station call letters, the broadcast frequency and/or the specific network being used. No good for listening to local FM though. Find out why Matt Blaze is actually giving Alex credit. 2. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password. Most stations do work. Refunds. Please let me know if youare still having any trouble from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further. RADIO, YOUR WAY Listen to all the live news, sports, music, podcasts and radio you love, from around the worldall on the TuneIn app. It was working a week ago then suddenly quit. The two Channel Island commercial stations (Channel 103 Jersey and Island FM Guernsey) are also blocked, despite being (sort of) UK services licensed by the UK regulator, Ofcom. 3 Issues That May Caused Why Alexa Blue Light Spinning (Answered). Very frustrating. If I specify TuneIn I get GH North East. If the issue continues, consider answering the following questions. But if youre still not able to get the TuneIn skill to work, then the only option youre left with is to contact TuneIn support and ask them to guide you. Unsubscribe at any time. Caroline. You should ask Alexa to repeat your command or browse through the smart app to check the history. Whenever I try to give the command to SIRI to play Proton Radio it starts playing the Proton Radio Podcast in the Podcast APP of the iPad. Hello, I am having issues adding Tune IN Live radio stations to the Roon and getting them to successfully play. However, if this feature is already off, try cycling it on and off one more time. I find therefore that the activity of TuneIn does amount to an act of communication of the relevant works; and also that that act of communication is to a public, in the sense of being to an indeterminate and fairly large number of persons, he writes.[]. Note that its not only TuneIn thats now broken but also Sonos Radio. Sometimes that helps. I hope they will fail the same way ! Thank you! Tenants' rights advocates are saying that now is the time to change housing policy at the state level. You can pan around the map to discover nostalgic radio stations from the town you grew up in, or the big city you aspire to . (Ive not been in the mood to be disappointed) Ill try it tomorrow morning. Reading this thread reinforces my sceptical view of gadgets which offer technology for the sake of it. TuneIn Radio comes pre-installed or is loadable on more than 200 connected devices, including smart speakers from the likes of Sonos and Bose, smart TVs, streaming media players (e.g., Roku and. It doesnt provide this content itself but acts as an indexer (audio guide service, according to TuneIn) for those looking to access third-party streams. Ill leave you with this extract from the marketing text for a still available to purchase SONY CMT-SX7B HiFi: Internet radio stations can be played through the hi-fi. Sweet! Best regards,Jake. After that, you need to click on storage options within the Alexa app and tap Clear App Cache. Once that is done, you can go ahead and launch the application to check if your issue is fixed. Mike Allen. This appears to be a recent development according to some of the threads I have been following, but I'm not sure it is. I have been using Home mini's (generation I and II), and Home hub (generation 1) for 2-3 years and have experienced an evolution of problems asking for the same local FM radio station. All Live. Most of the time, it will be enough to get through any and all minor programming bugs. But thats irrelevant from my point of view. I have discovered that MFR2 (another radio station) use the term "all the greatest hits" in its tagline and this seems to be what is being picked up. The local radio stations listed are relevant to this IP address. Please let me know if youare still having any trouble from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further. "Play Mega 97.9 FM". They have never cared about anyone but the stock holders. It is not a bad idea to tweak the input command a bit and move the speakers to the middle of the room. This is a Channel #2 dedicated to all Music Radio Broadcasts on 102.DLG Radio Orlando & Tune-In Radio.Be Apart Of The Live Shows & Call-In Eve Blair brings you the best in chilled out music. Also hear why Matt, Alex, and Ken think Rachel wanted Frank . Please try again in a few minutes. For now, use the TuneIn service or any other services applicable to your region if your preferred station is not working well with the Sonos Radio. Sam Alex is a radio host, television personality, speaker, emcee and podcaster. About 5% of the time at random Google Assistant responds "I can't play local news just yet". Required fields are marked *. So, to fix this, you should reboot your router and then try using the smart skill. Try rebooting your devices and Wi-Fi router by unplugging them from the wall outlet for about 2 minutes as it might do the trick. I have been using a routine to access Radio New Zealand National with TuneIn as the music source. I hear a lot of responses of "playing XYZ on TuneIn" where the letters XY or Z are actually radio call letters, but not the station I usually get. Hi Yes i have been effected, i wanted to listen to Manx radio AM on my google smart speaker this weekend, it tells me its not available in my country, Manx radio is a UK based station and i live in the UK !!! Not an legal expert but it appears from my reading of it that the issue is with the accessibility of copyrighted audio from outside the UK by anything that can retrieve and play that work on a users behalf. Sadly, I am having exactly the same problem with the same radio station again. Chime in both (bedroom & kitchen) alarms this morning, and this morning the correct radio station. Ive done the Apple Help steps, but is still not working. I recently began to have this issue. Im now getting Hereford ad Worcester! If youve just come across these errors after updating the unit, then you need to check again for possible updates. App Website Something else. 1. There is no harm in trying out a different router to further isolate the issue. makes no sense! But it could require heavy use of a VPN or similar service to trick TuneIn, Sonos, or other Internet devices into believing theyre physically located outside the UK. The wrong radio station plays when I tune a station using Tune In. You can set a sleep timer It is available and playable on other Tunein platforms but seems now to have been removed from whatever version Alexa uses. You dont have a how-to-workaround or this-is-what-we-are-doing-to-fix-it article in an prominent place on your web site. If you like classical music, give KING FM in Seattle a listen: https://www.king.org/. This worked for a few days and then reverted to the same problem. Tune in for Club 102 Live bringing you some of your Favorite Music Shows from; "Blues With Brew" & much more. I've been able to eventually hit on the right Nest command to get the Mini's to respond, but the frustration level is high. Google Nest Mini speakers seem to behave differently from Nest Hubs; and Mini gen1 speakers vary in response differently from Mini gen2 speakers. No one seems to want to help. We and the community are always here to help. I wanted to check in and see if you are still in need of any help with your device? The erroneous responses are not consistent across devices nor consistent from one time to the next. games and record them. I can't get it to play any ghr. spiritual meaning of someone stealing from you. I have a similar problem with Google Assistant on my Sonos speaker. So, if you're sure that there is nothing wrong at your end, the only thing you can do is wait for the server maintenance to end. I'm guessing that their algorithms are searching networks first for call sign letters (usually guessing wrong). Don't Miss Out On Latest Home Automation Product Updates. I've recently been asking for every arrangement this station of call signs, frequency, locality, "from NPR" but always getting something other than the FM station WVIA. Its very strange and annoying! I cant find rnz on iHeartRadio radio and they dont have a specific skill. TuneIn Pro lets you create a Siri Shortcut to play whatever station you last listened to That's superb, but it's also limited. Has anyone else encountered this and does anyone know how I will be able to direct a google mini to find the station again once this has changed? makes them worse than ek & his wretched treatment of spotify artists. I have an Echo Dot in the room too for backup, set to use the Sonos speaker as the default media player, so if I get impatient with Google Assistant I just tell Alexa to play News 1130, and it works more reliably and much faster than Google Assistant running on the Sonos speaker. Ive had this consistentlysince switching to Sonos radio. You can further reboot your internet one more time and then check the response from your router to figure out the exact issues. The company argued that it does not store any music, and merely provides users of TuneIn Radio with hyperlinks to works which have already been made freely available on the internet without any geographic or other restriction.. All of the stations mentioned work fine here in Ireland so you know what to set your VPNs to but not sure if People can set VPN in their internet radios ? Im located in the United States.