Let's start with a few basics. Lols. The was a man from Nantucket Limmericks are always enjoyable. Anyway, off we go, and if anybody has got any good ones, please feel free to add them at the bottom. Pa said, I dont have that bucket, Nantucket. Maybe a bar-room poet. Hick! / For he said, As a rule, / When the weather turns cool, / I invariably get in a stew.. haha! Go to Jokes r/Jokes . Sooo Shorry, too much tooo drinkkkkkk! lol thanks nell. The first publication of limericks began in the 18th century, but didnt really gain any popularity until the 19th century. You found some choice ones there, Nell! ha ha thanks again nell. But the money he earned, Mantucket I am rather fond of these bawdy little ditties( careful!) Ahem. With a big carving knife, Poetrysoup is an environment of encouragement and growth so only provide specific positive comments that indicate what you appreciate about the poem. Patrick McKeon, Princeton, NJ, Pa said, Nan, about the bucket: The man punched at the bucket in shock. :)))) (fab. The limerick is a humorous five-line poem with two rhymes: one shared by the first, second, and fifth lines, and the other shared by the shorter third and fourth lines. Rating: 3 /5 (3 Votes) or Email Friend lol If I could stay in bed all day and just write, then I think I would be happy! At the local museum The tweet is. Just to prove that I do have a bit of culture in me, I thought I would add a few famous limericks by the poet Edward Lear! On Nantucket, the island I live, The Princeton Tiger by Prof. Dayton Voorhees shows us the following. Great stuff! I love limericks I think they are the best sort of poems out there! / Though it may have an eye, / Theres no E dont ask why! I am glad you liked it, we are always making up Limericks in my house! Which itself is based on a poem about a man with a strange choice of wallet. When he sells, all that cash hell just truck it! Two Tears in a Bucket Meaning, Usage and Origin, How to Write an Ode (with Tips & Examples), How to Write in Iambic Pentameter (with Tips & Examples), How to Write a Clear Theme Statement (with Examples), Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick Meaning, Origin and Usage, We Are Not Amused Meaning, Origin and Usage. There was a dear lady of Eden, / Who on apples was quite fond of feedin; / She gave one to Adam, / Who said, Thank you, Madam, / And then both skedaddled from Eden. Tami Martinex, Playa Del Rey, CA, The theft had the whole Island reeling, There once was a man from Nantucket, Who kept all of his cash in a bucket, But his daughter, named Nan, Ran away with a man, And as for the bucket, Nantucket. Nell Rose (author) from England on October 28, 2011: Bella DonnaDonna from New Orleans, LA on October 28, 2011: Nell Rose (author) from England on October 20, 2011: Nell Rose (author) from England on October 18, 2011: Cresentmoon2007 from Caledonia, MI on October 18, 2011: Nell Rose (author) from England on September 28, 2011: Hi, Shaisty, lol Brilliant! Printer Friendly | Permalink | | Top Thank You. The specific origin of the limerick is unknown, likely spoken between ancestral friends long before ever being written down. The dirty, old man from Nantucket. Joshua Zubricki, Gloucester, MA, Nan took the cash to Nantasket / You never can tell till you try., A tutor who tooted a flute / Tried to teach two young tooters to toot. yes limericks are hard to write, but fun though! thanks for the read, cheers nell. My favorite ones have always been about the little boy Willy: Hi, ACSutliff, thanks for liking it, I was going to make it a bit ruder then I thought, no don't push my luck! There once was a man from Nantucket Whose cock was so long he could suck it He said with a grin Wiping sperm from his chin If my ear was a cunt I could Fuck it! Ran away with a man, ha ha thanks again nell. There was a man from Nantucket For he told a fat girl she was skinny! Well it is pretty simple really. / But how is the sage / To discern from this page: / Was it piglets, or seeds, that were sowing? Nell Rose (author) from England on February 01, 2012: Thanks Vinaya, they are the one thing that always makes people smile when they hear them! haha! We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Suzette Walker from Taos, NM on September 01, 2011: These are great! lol glad you liked it, cheers nell. lol, love it! 490 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<8AF3270EBB3E184A91C3DFB6F9A888EE><1D479E6B4C6B4345AB21D263EB0D7E10>]/Index[469 39]/Info 468 0 R/Length 102/Prev 189081/Root 470 0 R/Size 508/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream There are risks though, galore: If George Bush could "Trump" Gore, Odds are strong we'd (s)elect this buffoon. There Once was a Girl Named Lilly. He said with a grin As he wiped off his chin, "If my ear were a cunt, I would fuck. There were so many to choose from, and I thought that I had better only choose the ones that weren't, well, too bad, if you know what I mean! Nell Rose (author) from England on May 29, 2014: Hi Vellur, lol! There once was a man from Bel Air Who was doing his wife on the stair But the banister broke So he doubled his stroke And finished her off in mid-air. Nell Rose (author) from England on August 22, 2010: Hi, raisingme, I was going to get ruder then I thought better of it! You can have six inches more! Nell Rose (author) from England on November 30, 2012: Thanks owner, glad you liked it, and I love your little limerick! There once was a woman from Arden However, they have a reputation for rhyming bad language and have a reputation for being uncouth, as its the case with our limerick for there once was a girl from Nantucket.. And lightning shot out his ass! 469 0 obj <> endobj It was grey, had long ears, and ate grass. Copyright 1999-2023 Ahmad Anvari. Whose cock was so long he could suck it :-) They are so fun to read, but also fun to write. Thanks for that Nell. There once was a man from Nantucket would turn into a staple of American humor, featuring on TV shows like The Simpsons, Suits, Hey Arnold! " There once was a man from Nantucket " is the first line in many limericks. But sometimes, its also just sexualized comedy originating from drunken stories. I wrote one recently that has gone missing, and I wish I could find it. For Paw, cos Nans dealings He said, Oh my love, There once was a girl in the choir / Whose voice rose up hoir and hoir, / Till it reached such a height / It went clear out of seight, / And they found it next day in the spoir. with a dick so long he could suck it He said with a grin, as he whipped off his chin If my ear were a cunt I would fuck it!! You've got the whitest teeth I've ever come across. Who crossed the sea in a bucket, If you prefer something with less than five lines, try these hilarious one-liners. 'There once was a girl from Nantucket' is the first line from a limerick about a girl who couldn't pay her fare, so she provided a sexual favour instead. Where he still held the cash as an asset, There once was a man From Nantucket who was not In a limerick. Princeton Tiger, But he followed the pair to Pawtucket, Send us your limericks viahey@metro.co.uk or Tweet us on Twitter @MetroUK and well dd them in. There once was a man from Bel Air Who was doing his wife on the stair But the banister broke So he doubled his stroke And finished her off in mid-air A strange young fellow from Leeds Rashly. His towel froze to the grass, and his foot locked in ice where he'd stuck it. Princeton Tiger But he followed the pair to Pawtucket, The man and the girl with the bucket; And he said to the man, He was welcome to Nan, But as for the bucket, Pawtucket. There was no need for your man to jack it. Manage Settings Thanks for the fun. Suelynn from Manitoba, Canada on May 11, 2012: Hi Nell, LOVE this hub! If my ear were a cunt I could fuck it! If you have any more good limericks you are welcome to post them in the section below. Nell Rose (author) from England on April 29, 2012: Hi Larry, haha! School bus carrying 40 children plunges into creek in French Alps, Ian Wright says he loves Arsenal hero Reiss Nelson as he celebrates epic Bournemouth victory, He can do everything Michael Dawson blown away by Lisandro Martinez as Jeff Stelling rates Man Utd defender, Why VAR didnt award penalty to Arsenal for handball during Bournemouth clash, Man with MS so severe he cannot cut up his own food classed as fit to work, A boy wrote a poem about living with Aspergers and it will break your heart a little, World Poetry Day 2016: The best spring and Easter poems to celebrate poetry day, Do not sell or share my personal information. We are sorry for Nan, Ron U. Austin, TX 826 friends 768 reviews An elderly man comes in to see his Doctor. Will show I have feelings Sharon Graves, El Dorado, AR, That bucket was soon found in Juneau, Thanks for the laugh in my day. Lets unpack it for you in this post. A wonderful bird is the pelican / His bill holds more than his belican / He can take in his beak / Enough food for a week / But Im damned if I see how the helican. It is believed that limericks date back to the 14th century and originated in the Irish town of Limerick. 2 goalienewf 7 yr. ago But he followed the pair to Pawtucket, The man and the girl with the bucket; It must have taken pluck, to have a cold fuck; But think of the money he saved! Fly across the Internet seas and join us whenever possible! They were mainly used as nursery rhymes for children, but of course because they were short and to the point, they spread to the inn's and taverns and ended up being bawdy and rather rude! There once was a man from Nantucket Whose dick was so long he could suck it To save a lot of trouble He put it in double But instead of cumming, he went! Which distressed all the people of Chertsey. Who wiped her butt with brown paper, lol yeah I like the sally one too, just about right, but I think Edward Lear needed to take a few more poetry lessons!! Its a common limerick, and many people know it and use it hundreds of years later. I really enjoyed your hub, thank you for sharing. Who went with a girl in a hedge, Funny Limericks: They Can Be Hard to Find! I'll try to add one here but it is quite rude so I will edit out one of the words. / If I put my mind to it / Im sure I can do it. And his balls were covered with weeds. And now there's little Franky. Who rushed through a field of blue Clover. Whose prick was so long he could suck it. There once was a girl in Milan, New fashions she liked to put on. There once was a girl from Nantucket. loved the first one best! thanks again, nell. thanks so much for reading, nell. It wasn't the spider that crept up beside her, But Little Boy Blue and his horn. But his daughter, named Nan, Ran away with a man And as for the bucket, Nantucket. Using limericks like there once was a Girl from Nantucket at work or in professional settings may get you in trouble or cause you to lose respect with the management. Voted up and the buttons too. Today's blog: Build an API from a CSV file in 4 minutes These are great and very saucy. . Who danced the fandango on skates. I just made it up when posting. It all began when the Princeton Tiger revived the then well-known limerick printed first below and the Chicago Tribune answered with the second limerick. There once was a girl named Lilly who often liked to be silly she put a spoon upon her nose then she wrote a bit o' prose and called it mexican chilly ! Not rounded and pink, The Urban Dictionary listed the limerick for the first time in 2006. I of course, know that you will be very sensible and just add sweet little poems! Nell Rose (author) from England on September 01, 2011: Hi, suzette, thanks! But his daughter, named Nan, Ran away with a man . But his daughter, named Nan, ChuckleBuzz has had contributions from a huge amount of freelancers and visitors who submit content to the website. Continue with Recommended Cookies. Wherever did you find them all? He said to his girl With him were real cruel; you cant duck it. (B) Da da dum da da dum Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet, Her clothes all tattered and torn. To claim it by law Nobody has ever accused me of being a poet before. Nell Rose (author) from England on February 17, 2017: LOL! endstream endobj 470 0 obj <. And as for the bucket, Manhasset. glad it made you laugh, thanks! There once was a man from Nantucket Who kept all his cash in a bucket. Cruz responded by reciting the opening line of an infamous dirty limerick that utilizes certain phrases which rhyme with "Nantucket." Earlier this year, as Cruz's state of Texas faced devastating winter storms that decimated its independent power grid, the Senator flew to sunny Cancn, Mexico as hundreds of his constituents froze to death. Ah Ha. Larry Fields from Northern California on May 11, 2012: I should have expressed myself more clearly. thanks so much, nell, Very entertaininh hub! Who kept all his cash in a bucket. Ill have nothing but love left to give. There are two versions. Deborah Brooks Langford from Brownsville,TX on January 03, 2013: Nell my friend.. An insomniac young fellow named Hatches Took a room in a whorehouse in Natchez He still tossed and turned half the night, but he learned How to manage by sleeping in snatches. The star violinist was bowing; / The quarrelsome oarsmen were rowing. eIV0yL 1` D:f@h&F8PM@0 dS Therefore, its best to use it in environments where you arent offending other people around you. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. Nell Rose (author) from England on March 13, 2017: Thanks Shyron, I used to do them a lot, but not recently. He said with a grin As he wiped off his chin, "If my ear were . It took a lot of searching all over the place, but I love them, don't you? There was a young lady from Munich, Who wore a very short tunic. I found this extremely entertaining, thanks for the laughs. He said with a grin Tony Mead from Yorkshire on June 09, 2012: what a popular hub you have created, so many people joining in and enjoying your effort. Chicago Tribune, Then the pair followed Pa to Manhasset, / He set out one day / In a relative way / And returned on the previous night. He said with a grin, while wiping his chin. but I love the little ditty! Your email address will not be published. (A) Da da dum da da dum da da dum and its great to hear some new ones. Limericks should have five lines that follow the rhythm in the examples below.) Male versionThere once was a man from Nantucket. thanks for reading! If youre a history buff, youll get a kick out of these history jokes. These are Guaranteed to Make You Smile. MORE: A boy wrote a poem about living with Aspergers and it will break your heart a little, MORE: World Poetry Day 2016: The best spring and Easter poems to celebrate poetry day. Female versionThere once was a girl from Nantucket. Thanks for the laughs. Allow Necessary Cookies & Continue Some believe that limericks were originally made to be naughty. There was a young fellow from Belfast / That I wanted so badly to tell fast / Not to climb up the stair / As the top step was air / And thats why the young fellow fell fast. There once was a girl named Irene / Who lived on distilled kerosene / But she started absorbing / A new hydrocarbon / And since then has never benzene. Martin Kloess from San Francisco on June 01, 2012: Nell Rose (author) from England on May 13, 2012: Hi Larry, lol! And as for the bucket, Nantucket! There was a young fellow of Crete / Who was so exceedingly neat / When he got out of bed / He stood on his head / To make sure of not soiling his feet. 1. A chap who lived in New Guinea, Lear, who was born in1812, was all about a bit of funand wrotehis Book of Nonsense of 72 limericks in 1846 with exactly that in mind. A crafty young bard named McMahon / Whose poetry never would scan / Once said, with a pause, / Its probably because / Im always trying to cram as many additional syllables into the last line as I possibly can.. this.. Poetry has taken many different forms with intellectual meanings, deep emotional meanings, and spiritual meanings. Required fields are marked *, Phrases Similar to There Once was a Girl from Nantucket, Phrases Opposite to There Once was a Girl from Nantucket, Ways People May Say There Once was a Girl from Nantucket Incorrectly, Acceptable Ways to Phrase There Once was a Girl from Nantucket. Only the best funny Nantucket jokes and best Nantucket websites as selected and voted by visitors of Joke Buddha website. Heres one from me hope you find it funny.. Once was a dog with hind leg missing, thought he'd take a quick bath in a bucket. thanks for reading, nell. Nell Rose (author) from England on May 11, 2012: Hi Sue, lol! His daughter, named Nan, Ran away with a man. So she pulled up her dress and said f*uck it! Knock Knock Who's there! I really enjoyed the one about Sally! This is understandably a very popular hub. But his daughter, named Nan, Ran away with a man And as for the bucket, Nantucket! There was a young lady from Vanvaper, You'll use the phrase in public, typically in an X-rated format, to tell someone that you don't care about what they are saying or a task you are doing. 10 Fucking Limericks -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There once was a man from Nantucket, Whose cock was so long he could suck it. thanks! If you will just roll over, All combined it adds up to all the great content you see! There once was a man from Kanass, Amazing Funny Facts and Crazy Statistics! The limerick has a rhyming structure. Pa found Nan dealing in Wheeling. It must have taken pluck, to have a cold fuck; But think of the money he saved! Nell Rose (author) from England on August 19, 2010: Hi, pmc, lol glad you like them, I did have a few more, but they were, well a bit more rude! There was a man from Nantucket Whose cock was so long he could suck it He said with a grin As he wiped off his chin If my ear were a cunt I could fuck it! These funny limericks use their bouncy rhyme scheme to explore concepts like math, science, and philosophy, and the twisty, punny verses will get you thinkingand giggling! LOL! The protagonist in the obscene versions is typically portrayed as well-endowed and hypersexualized. . were 2 doors, and 2 caged talking - tigers. And cut off his meat and two veg! Jane Gill-Shaler, North Carolina, The man built their home in Alaska, The word Limerick comes from the town in Ireland called, well, Limerick! When the owner saw Pa This got her pants wet, Which made her upset, And when it was cold she would freeze. Cash flows through my bucket, a sieve. The cash and the bucket, Pawtucket. A strange young fellow from Leeds lol! Who kept all of his cash in a bucket, / Said the fly, Let us flee! / Let us fly! said the flea / So they flew through a flaw in the flue. Demas W Jasper from Today's America and The World Beyond on April 04, 2020: Good response, Paula, but you have done even better, as Nell will probably attest. View history. In a handwoven Nantucket Basket. thanks for reading, I am having trouble with my pc at the moment and have also been busy with my brother, I just can't get on here enough these days, but thats gonna change! He said with a grin As he wiped off his chin, "If my ear were a cunt I would fuck it! Nell Rose (author) from England on September 22, 2011: Hi, lambservant, lol! There once was a man from Nantucket / Who kept all his cash in a bucket / His daughter, named Nan / Ran away with a man / And as for the bucket, Nantucket. He bent it in double, Princeton Tiger But he followed the pair to Pawtucket, The man and the girl with the bucket; And he said to the man, He was welcome to Nan, But as for the bucket, Pawtucket. If you like mysteries, psychic phenomena, true stories or just a good laugh, please feel free to click on my Profile page, the link is below, it would be great to see you. If my ear was a hole I would fuck it! There once was a man from Nantucket, Who kept all his cash in a bucket. and now he sells honey, If youre a word nerd, these grammar jokes will make you cackle. Cheers. Youll use the phrase in public, typically in an X-rated format, to tell someone that you dont care about what they are saying or a task you are doing. these are funny! Simple Simon met a Pieman, going to the fair. This has no impact on the price you pay :). Jokes are a story or narrative based on fiction or fact that are a short This is funny and amusing, I enjoyed your work very much. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. But this year theycame up a little dry and given today is all about having a bit of a laugh we had to reach deep into the archives forsomething a little different. Great hub. There once was a man from NantucketWho kept all his cash in a bucket.But his daughter, named Nan,Ran away with a manAnd as for the bucket, Nantucket. so I am glad you liked them and I hope your brother in law does too, thanks for stopping by, cheers nell. They clang together Twas Roger, the lodger, by God! For more feathery plays on words, try some of these bird puns that will quack you up. Typically, these limericks are hyper-sexualized. There was a young man of Nantucket Chris Whitehead of West Sussex, UK, There once was a man from Nantucket In this article, we are going to be discussing the limerick there once was a girl from Nantucket, which has since grown into several versions. So easy you can use a spreadsheet and launch it in less than 5 minutes. thanks so much for reading, cheers nell. Great tufts of fine grass Nell Rose (author) from England on May 02, 2011: Hi, vietnamvet, thanks so much, glad you liked them, cheers nell. *sighs* Not even a bar-room poet. One was small, hardly anything at all There once was a man from Madras, Whose balls were made out of brass. Who kept all his cash in a bucket. Poor old Nan and the man in Alaska. And she was getting old, C. There once was a man from Bel Air And instead of coming he went! Before her ol man blew a gasket How to spell the potato has tried / Many minds, sometimes mine, Ill confide. ha ha thanks nell, Hi, funmontreagirl, thanks most of its from history, but I did add a few! He couldnt even go lamp-post pissing! There once was a man from Nantucket, who had such a long dick he could suck it. His daughter named Nan, Ran off with a man. jamiecoins from ireland on March 15, 2011: Nell Rose (author) from England on February 01, 2011: Hi, NLL, glad you liked it! And the cash that it held caused a row, John: i thought it was hilarious, i had a bro-n-law whom we loved his cooking but there were times we would take a bite of his chili and drink almost a glass of soda and the next day well we had no visitors, Kevin: More anal every day 4 year olds tell better jokes. He tried to ID em These (above the belt) mixture of limericks of English drunkards with the (sober? Thanks to those who have contributed theirs, more are always welcome a they are very good. Our hunt for funny limericks took us all the way to paradise and back! The whole thing should carry an anapesticbeat two short syllables followed by a long one that goes something like: (A) Da da dum da da dum da da duma Non-Linear Lines from Alberta, Canada on February 01, 2011: Thanks for the giggle! As an Amazon Associate this website may earn from qualifying purchases. And practically useless on dates. There was a young maid from Madras Even though I'm not a poetry buff, I did feel obligated to contribute to the genre, because of all the great Limericks out there. Your email address will not be published. Who was doing his wife on the stair To check on a bird Who thought babies were fashioned by God, He was froze from his sole to his hock. Liz Elias from Oakley, CA on February 17, 2017: ROFL! brilliant! Youll be spitting out some poetry while your friends are spitting out laughs. thanks for coming back, nell. And sparks fly out of his ass! and thanks, nell. There once was a man from Nantucket Who kept all his cash in a bucket. An amoeba named Max and his brother / Were sharing a drink with each other; / In the midst of their quaffing, / They split themselves laughing, / And each of them now is a mother. Id say you can bet your Assonet! Nell Rose (author) from England on September 02, 2010: Hi, Micky, ha ha I am glad you liked it, I was going to be ruder but thought I had better not! It's a story of a blessed man and his carefree attitude to life. Because they have cotton balls. Perhaps the most infamous limerick of all, "There once was a man from Nantucket," though not a drinking song, was published in 1902 in an issue of the Princeton Tiger, the university's humor .