Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more! The Real Housewives of Atlanta bestie married Gerald Mwangi in a ceremony in Kenya on July 22. Subscribe to The Daily Dish podcast, join our Facebook group, and follow us on Instagramfor the latest news hot off the presses. Being the center of attention is nothing new for Shamea Yvonne Morton. The newlyweds met in an Atlanta lounge and later at a cookout. Gerald Mwangis job description is also unknown. "I couldnt let the day end without wishing my nieces-poo [Pilar Jhena] a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Speaking of toddlers, Shamea also recently took to Instagram to give birthday wishes, I couldnt let the day end without wishing my nieces-poo [Pilar Jhena] a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" She is an actress, known for Drumline (2002), Ride Along 2 (2016) and Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor (2013). Thats where we are now. | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Essence.com Advertising Terms. Terms of Use "He is amazing. My father in law gave me the name "Mumbi"- she was regarded as mother of the Kikuyu people. The couple even exchanged their vows in a beautiful ceremony held onMount Kenya! He always knows best! Happy Halloween from the Mwangi family, the Reality TV star said. We will know how successful it was once the stents are removed, Morton concluded. Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, sweepstakes, and more! The couple revealed their baby's gender as a daughter onJuly 21, 2018. 55,717, This story has been shared 44,452 times. The couple had been in a relationship for a long time. She also shares stories on Medium that are meant to encourage thought and discussion. Other Works | Publicity Listings | Official Sites. Morton toldThe Daily Dish how grateful she was to have fallen in love with Mwangi. Earlier this year, Shamea Morton got married to the love of her life, a man named GeraldMwangi. Morton was surrounded by her Real Housewives of Atlanta co-stars and family members. ?It's always fun shopping for diamonds w my girls (swipe). #africanwedding #kenyanbride #love #marriage #bride #groom #wedding #kenya #eastafrica Hair: @rikyataylor Makeup: @cjtaylor_mua Dress: Aunt Joyce Morton, A post shared by Shamea Morton (@shameamorton) on Apr 13, 2017 at 5:13pm PDT. Ms. Pat is a comedian, author, and actress who currently stars on the sitcom "The Ms. Pat Show" on BET+. Sunday Funday! Shamea Morton's Worth: Shamea, however, is also a success as she has an accumulated a net worth of $2 million dollars. #PassportBandits is what @todd167 calls us. Create your free profile and get access to exclusive content. Bravo Insider is your VIP pass to never-before-seen content, exclusive giveaways, and so much more. Im having a baby!. that she and Gerald planned to make a home in Atlanta following their big day. Shamea Morton's Fianc Reacts to the RHOA Rumors. Shamea added, "We must educate our youth!" Motherhood is a beautiful thing. 5. "I held Shiloh for the first time on yesterday and the feeling was indescribable," Morton revealed. It was BEAUTIFUL! The couple will welcome their newest addition to their family through surrogacy. We wish the couple many happy years together and all the best! 7th Valentines Day together. She was previously married to King Solomon Smallwood, Jr.. Other Works And, lets be honest, Morton isnt marrying a poor man! By clicking Subscribe Now, you agree to our. GO FALCONS!!! Shamea was in a relationship with King Solomon Smallwood Jr. which ended up with a breakup. Shamea Morton and her husband Gerald Mwangi revealed in 2018 that they are expecting their first child. So hes been in the States right before his 18th birthday, and hes like, No, I never want to leave Atlanta,' Morton said. We all know weddings arent cheap, especially when its a destination wedding! We hopethe couple many happy years together and we wish them well! (July 21, 2018) Expecting a daughter with her husband Gerald Mwangi. In November 2022, she announced that she would be expecting their second. Thanks for contacting us. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Real Housewives of Atlanta star Shamea Morton shared a promising update after her newborn daughter had to undergo surgery for breathing issues. Fans are curious to find out who stole Mortons heart and made her the happiest shes ever been. "I am due around Thanksgiving," Morton told Us Weekly after breaking the news Sunday at her 36th birthday party, held at Sage Woodfire Tavern Perimeter in Atlanta . Meet the Mwangi's! Morton performed exceptionally well at the Georgia Force of the Arena Football League which made her more famous. The Real Housewives of Atlanta friend reveals her romantic outing with her hubby, GeraldMwangi. She now has a nasal cannula and shes in her mommys arms! So hes been in America just before his 18th birthday, and hes like, No, I never want to leave Atlanta,' Morton explained. This past weekend was my "Kuracia & Ngurario" (Dowry & Traditional Kikuyu Wedding Ceremony). bilingual," "Spanish," and "three years old" in the caption. #35daystogo #becomingmrsmwangi #kikuyubarbie #bridetobe #weddingbands #jewlery, A post shared by Shamea Morton (@shameamorton) on Jun 17, 2017 at 3:43pm PDT. We did a little research to find out more about the Shamea's husband, and here are five things you ought to know about Mr. Gerald Mwangi. Shamea concluded the heartfelt post, writing, "I love you sweetie pie.". Celeb-loved jewelry brand Dorsey drops dazzling new styles, Designer Dennis Basso has $200K fur fitting at midnight in Gstaad, Isabella Rossellini, 70, on aging with beauty and saying no to Botox, You aren't too cool to shop Merrell's Semi Annual Sale, up to 50% off, Target's new Fine'ry perfumes have designer dupes you need to know about, The 50 best Nordstrom gifts for men, women and kids in 2023, The 10 best carpet cleaners of 2023, according to an expert, Boz Scaggs just announced a 2023 tour: Get tickets today, Tom Sizemore And The Dangerous Burden of Desperation, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Kandi Burruss: Drew Sidora seemed happy before Ralph Pittman divorce news, RHOA star Drew Sidora accuses ex Ralph Pittman of cheating, mental abuse, RHOA star Drew Sidora, husband Ralph Pittman file for divorce 61 minutes apart, Margaret Josephs: Heather Gay is thirsty for hiding truth behind black eye, Savannah Guthrie leaves 'Today' live broadcast early as Hoda Kotb remains absent, Kellyanne Conway and George Conway to divorce after 22 years of marriage, 'Annoyed' Aubrey Plaza mouths angry phrase during 'White Lotus' SAGs speech, Meghan, Harry brush off Frogmore eviction bombshell with night on the town, Aaron Carter's mom shares grisly new photos of late son's death scene, claims 'homicide', Kanye West and 'wife' Bianca Censori look surprisingly happy on dinner date, Tom Sandoval, Raquel Leviss planned to confess affair to Ariana before getting caught, Heather Dubrow's youngest child, 12, comes out as transgender, Inside Scheana Shay, Raquel Leviss' 'heated confrontation' about Tom Sandoval affair, Kayla Lemieux, Canadian teacher with size-Z prosthetic breasts, placed on paid leave. Her spouse Gerald is a businessman originally from Kenya. "I think about where I was five years ago even, and I think about where I am now, and all I can say is, God, he is so good, and he is so merciful, and he is so understanding, and he is so patient and forgiving.' By: Dontei Wynter - Published: July 26, 2017 at 12:27 pm, YouTube.com/Why Shamea Morton Is Officially a Wife, But Not A "Real Housewife" Real Housewives of Atlanta tea. "Hubby and I had the BEST date night at the [Maxwell], [Anthony Hamilton], [and] Joe concert," she wrote in the caption of her March 24 post, which featured a series of fun moments from the show, as well as stunning couple snapshots of Shamea and Gerald. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The Real Housewives of Atlanta pal recently took to Instagram to reveal her fun-filled night on the town. As to what Gerald Mwangis job is, that is also unknown. Feeling the need to forge a creative identity for their daughter,Mortons parents enrolled her into dance classes. With stories from Reality TV, Real Housewives, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Celebrity News, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Vanderpump Rules, Andy Cohen, United States. Official Sites. RHOA pal Shamea Morton opened up about her experience with physical abuse with her ex-husband in the PSA. instagram.com. #FunTimes #GeraldandShameaWedding, A post shared by Kandi Burruss (@kandi) on Jul 22, 2017 at 5:11pm PDT, Lots of us came to #Kenya from the US for @shameamorton's wedding! Morton and Mwangi tied the knot in July 2017 and welcomed their first child, a daughter named Shya, in November 2018. At 4 years of age, she was not only a member of her church choir but was also leading it. I have a praise report!. Its been such a long journey, the RHOA guest star revealed. Sitemap, Your California Privacy Rights Fans want to know exactly who stole Mortons heart and made her the happiest shes ever been. In many ways, Shya has grown up in front of the camera. Bravo Insider is your VIP pass to never-before-seen content, exclusive giveaways, and so much more. @drewsidora. But whatever he does, he clearly does it very well! Friends and family were shocked when Shamea. Thats where we want to raise our kids, and this is home for us.". Atlanta, of course! | Haz tu seleccin entre imgenes premium de Mama Morton de la ms alta calidad. Publicity Listings Morton announced that she is expecting her first child with her husband on May 15, 2018. Check out never-before-seen content, exclusive sweepstakes, and much more! along with the hashtags, "bilingual," "Spanish," and "three years old" in the caption. Being the center of attention is nothing newfor Shamea Yvonne Morton. Essence may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. #85daystogo #weddingplanning #kenya #nairobi #bridetobe #soontobemrsmwangi #kikuyubarbie, A post shared by Shamea Morton (@shameamorton) on Apr 28, 2017 at 5:53am PDT. 7th Valentines Day together. A post shared by Shamea Morton (@shameamorton), Were having a baby via surrogacy, Shamea told her social media fans. ", Shamea also told The Daily Dish that she and Gerald planned to make a home in Atlanta following their big day. Thats where we want to raise our kids, and this is home for us.". This isn't the first sweet capture of romantic date nights with her husband that Shamea has shared lately. Were all aware that weddings arent cheap, especially when it comes to a destination wedding! Shamea added, "We must educate our youth!" In an interview with The Daily Dish, Morton talked about where she and Mwangi wanted to end up after they got married. Born as the youngest of three children, Shamea Morton considers her family as the most important aspect of her life. Im officially a MOM! she wrote on Instagram at the time. Im so grateful. Shamea Morton was born on the 13th of May, 1982 in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States. "Dr. Sandy Jun is the sweetest, she's the only one that even gave me that option," Shamea added. I hope you're day was as beautiful as you are! Whenever the Decatur, GA native enters a room, she manages to make a potent impression before speaking one word. She went on to add, "Its the little things. @thatshekinah had me cracking up as always! Giving God the praise for this victory! Fans are excited to see how much Shamea will share now that her family is growing by one. From the supertease alone, it's clear Season 8 has no shortage of ups and downs. And lets be realMorton isnt marrying a broke man, anyway! It was so sweet! The actress, best known for her roles in Facts of Life and Living Single, will join the show's vets as well as fellow newbie Shamea Morton forSeason 8. The journalist took to Instagram on Friday (Mar. She's been divorced and had a failed engagement with Dennis McKinley. She has been married to Gerald Mwangi since 22 July 2017. Speaking of toddlers, Shamea also recently took to Instagram to give birthday wishes Porsha Williams' daughter, Pilar Jhena McKinley, who just celebrated her 3rd birthday. Shiloh now has stents in her nose but shes been extubated (no more tubes in her throat). Get to know the man who swept the #RHOA pal off her feet. "He and his siblings came to the States for college. Shamea Morton gave fans an update on how her newborn daughter, Shiloh, is doing after surgery. Childbirth is nothing short of a miracle. Check out never-before-seen content, exclusive sweepstakes, and much more! Sign up to become a Bravo Insider and be the first to get exclusive extras. It was the same age she was named Little Miss Tiny Star. Growing up she would transform the fireplace stoop into a stage where she would entertain her family for hours with her electrifying vocal abilities and costume changes. Shamea Morton was born on May 13, 1982 in Decatur, Georgia, USA. Shamea'sRHOA pal Kandi Burruss captured all of the "#FunTimes" at Shamea's wedding on Instagram. Who is she married to? And its nothing but his work that brought us together. ", In addition to her sweet husband-and-wife outings, Shamea also made sure to capture sweet moments of her adorable, Its a turnt Toddler Tuesday," she wrote in the caption of her March 8 post, which featured the cutest photos of her 3-year-old girl learning to speak Spanish and making art. Shamea Morton tied the knot with her husband Gerald Mwangi, onJuly 22, 2017, in a private wedding ceremony. He is definitely Godsend. She is also known as the former member of the quartet Co-Ed. Create your free profile and get access to exclusive content. In November 2018, the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Shya Nyambura Mwangi. He is definitely a Godsend. Makes sense, since Shamea is a former Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta Falcons cheerleader. Of course, Atlanta! #mom #fatherinlaw #dad #brotherinlaw #hubby #sis #family #mortonandmwangi #shenyun, A post shared by Shamea Morton (@shameamorton) on Jan 14, 2017 at 7:25pm PST. I wanted to carry but God had other plans, the Reality TV star added. She later joined the Georgia State University and majored inpsychology and sociology. Moments after her birth, Morton said Shiloh began having trouble breathing and had to be put on 100% oxygen., A few hours later she was intubated and placed on a ventilator, she added. Thats where we want to raise our kids, and this is home for us.. "He and his siblings came to the States for college. 712k Followers, 883 Following, 2,441 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Shamea Morton (@shameamorton) During the most recent episode, we saw Shamea Morton go after Marlo, accusing her of getting liposuction before their cast trip to New Orleans.It comes after Porsha accused Marlo of getting botox . #aweekaway #becomingmrsmwangi #kikuyubarbie #bridetobe #hellokenya #love #fiance #geraldandshameawedding Photographer: @sterlingpics Hair: @hairstylinswagg Makeup: @tabdidit Style: @hauseofglam, A post shared by Shamea Morton (@shameamorton) on Jul 15, 2017 at 3:36pm PDT. (May 15, 2018) Expecting her first child with her husband Gerald Mwangi. Shamea Morton, age 35, stands at the height of 1.78m/5'10''. Come November, a new lady will be added to the mix on Real Housewives of Atlanta:Kim Fields. After that, Morton worked in Tyler Perry's stage play titled The Haves and Have nots. And she earned the six digits of net worth because of her various works, such as she was a professional cheerleader, knows a lot about sports so sometimes works as sportscaster as well and also as an actress and reality star. Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor, View agent, publicist, legal and company contact details on IMDbPro. The couple really likes to go out and support Atlanta's different sports teams. Morton has been transparent about her surrogacy journey via V-103, an Atlanta morning radio show where shes the co-host. Get a VIP pass to never-before-seen content, exclusive sweepstakes, and much more! The Real Housewives of Atlanta star, Shamea Morton, tied the knot on July 22 to Gerald Mwangi and now everyone wants to know more. He is incredible. 3 In Atlanta, Gerald Mwangi and Shamea Morton. The Real Housewives of Atlanta's Shamea Morton and her husband Gerald Mwangi, are expecting their second child via surrogacy. I feel so blessed to have had this experience., Paris Hilton debuts son Phoenixs face in sweet new pics, This story has been shared 55,717 times. Porsha Williams, Kandi Burruss, and Sheree Whitfield were among the guests in attendance. Shamea Morton/Instagram, "Hubby and I had the BEST date night at the [Maxwell], [Anthony Hamilton], [and] Joe concert," she wrote in the caption of her, Im blessed to be working for the all-star games again this year. she wrote in the caption of her March 22 post, which featured adorable photos of PJ that Porsha had also shared earlier this week. Last month, she offered a glimpse at her Valentine's Day spent with her hubby by her side. Morton was surrounded by her Real Housewives of Atlanta co-stars and the rest of her family. @paisleyskyy @soshoelite @iambreedlove #NoIGPeaches @thefauxpro @shespersian, A post shared by Kandi Burruss (@kandi) on Jul 23, 2017 at 8:13am PDT, #FunTimes last night at #geraldandshameawedding reception. Shamea Morton is giving a peek at her romantic date night with her hubby, Gerald Mwangi. Reception moment with the girls @majorgirl @thatshekinah @chanitafoster & @mccoughtry, A post shared by Kandi Burruss (@kandi) on Jul 23, 2017 at 7:51am PDT, There was a lot of people that came to #Nairobi for #geraldandshameawedding but this was my crew for a majority of the trip. "Hey Bestfriends! I have a whole new respect for women and our bodies. son Desi Arnaz Jr, and husband comedian Gary Morton ,. She has, however, shared snippets of her life on Instagram. Congratulations toThe Real Housewives of Atlantas Shamea Morton and her husband Gerald Mwangi, who are expecting their second child via surrogacy. See what 'RHOA' friend Marlo is saying about Porsha Williams' suggestion that she is a a "clout chaser." Shamea, 40, announced the exciting news on Wednesday via Instagram where she shared two photos of her and Gerald posing alongside a sonogram photo and a sign that reads "Baby Mwangi due 2023." The Daily Dish is your source for all things Bravo, from behind-the-scenes scoop to breaking news, exclusive interviews, photos, original videos, and, oh, so much more. Link your TV provider to stream full episodes and live TV. It was the same age she was named "Little Miss Tiny Star." Gerald was born in Kenya, and he's very proud of his roots. Similarly, Morton had an amazing time cheerleading for the Atlanta Falcons as well. Morton and Mwangi exchanged vows in a garden ceremony at the Fairmont Kenya Safari Club in Nanyuki. Who is Shamea Morton Married To? Its been such a long journey! This time next week I will be Mrs Mwangi ??. And they say you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your Prince Charming, and that is exactly what he is, Morton said of her then-fianc. Happy Birthday to my beautiful bad a$$ Taurus friend. (May 15, 2018) Expecting her first child with her husband Gerald Mwangi. Shamea says that Gerald knows everything about her and loves her no matter what, being a shoulder to lean on when things are rough for her. Cynthia Bailey wrote, praise God!! Shamea Morton. I have a praise report! Shilohs 1st surgery went well@childrensatl, Morton captioned an Instagram Reel of her and her husband Gerald Mwangis baby girl in the hospital Thursday. ., Sheree Whitfield, meanwhile, commented, God is good .. For the first time, Paddiwack the polar bear cub born to Sam and Sally on the 29th November 1972. . According to Bravo TV, in Nov. 2022, Morton. What do the happy couple intend to do with the rest of their lives? The couple welcomed their baby girl on November 25, 2018. As she loved dancing from a young age, Shamea Morton started off her career as a cheerleader. Shamea Morton tied the knot with her husband Gerald Mwangi, on July 22, 2017, in a private wedding ceremony.