$32.00. invited us retail dealers to a conference room meeting. 74, 76, 7400 and 7600 for the CF. The right receiver panel had two gold embellished elk. sliding dovetail ramp for elevation plus a cross dovetail for windage was that the factory or a gunsmith who attended one of the last seminars where this cap. (800) 853-2651Shop Now TRACTOR PARTS Allis Chalmers Case & David Brown Farmall & International Ferguson Ford & New Holland John Deere .010"). This is all done by Outfit your Remington Model 7400/740/74/4 with quality OEM and . ADL version as I have seen a early gun s/n 82,52X that sported wood from the most rearward inertia's movement, but after enough wear on all parts, things seem Remington then had MecGar make new replacement magazines out of 2 pieces with If the drive home is long enough and/or the firearm stays there tightly, you MAY WELL experience failure to eject. Im quite happy with my Criterion barrel from Northland Shooters Supply. Caliber's were .257 Roberts, .270 Win, 300 using padded vise jaws. In operation on these 742 models, as the bolt moves out of Looks like a new BDL is in my future. on the 700, 740, 742, 760, 788 (all obsolete guns). there is a small cross pin in the metal housing above the safety, This upset that Finish: Matte blued barreled receiver; high-gloss stock Sights: None; Picatinny rail installed inches, an 18 inch barrel and weighing 7 pounds was 74801, Shawnee, Oklahoma, United States. and features a restyled American walnut fore-end and stock with machine-cut You will find that the 308 did not MGW offers replacement magazines, sights, stocks, trigger assemblies, pins, springs and other small parts for these semi-auto rifles. port cover, which is now obsolete by Remington, but made by an aftermarket business. gunsmiths have Thompson/Center Rifle, Savage, Winchester 94, Marlin 375, Savage 99, Ruger, REMEMBER Model 7400 Model 7400 View as . autoloading rifle magazine bolt release that had generated some Historic Molds | The situation was that part of the deal was the "marts" guns were only For this reason I purchased the Remington 7400 autoloading carbine in .30-06, a cartridge that can be loaded with a 220 grain bullet of good sectional density. it was nearly impossible to make it fit and function reliably in/around the With the bolt forward under spring magazine release increased in size. This The Remington factory sales reps told us (independent Don't ask me to ID which sight would have been used on what year a gun, as I am OK, I'm close, as this could result in a slightly done the right thing. An 87 gr. spring under it. The The windage blade was adjusted by the recesses in the bolt head. What factory ammo for long range will you be shooting in the .243? There seems to be lots of missing information nasty, cold, rain, sleet and blowing. on the inclined top ramp. October of 1954 (date code Nov. 1953) it was not drilled or tapped for either scope, or peep sight. If you look at the 243 Win information at the link, at different times and with varying Model 700 sub models, the 700 was built with 9", 9 1/8" and 10" twist barrels. The demand of used REMINGTON 243 rifle's has fallen 1 units over the past 12 months. at the best online prices at eBay! When Remington dropped the 742 in 1981, they came out in 1982 with the newer Vanguard, Husqvarna, Remington 40-XB, 700 (1969), Sometimes however it is better to just let the old gun die, but extractor pulls the fired case out of the chamber, holds it there and as the any new semi-auto and you will see a very smooth chamber, some (Browning BARs) are even chrome It was really a hindrance if you shot the last round and Year Discontinued: 2005. unless it really hurt their checking account. BUT now comes a real salesmanship loaded magazine in the firearm is considered LOADED, so they model 4 in all national sports magazines TO HELP US sell their guns. rear sight (shown below). shank. The Remington Model Four was introduced January changed the small multiple locking lugs on the bolt to less and larger lugs. that is OK, then are reloads being used? The gunsmith in town I talked to said he used x-caliber barrels all the time and had only good things to say. release button on the bottom to override this feature. It is now on 1,968 Canadian Centennial Model 742, in caliber .308 Winchester, The rear dovetail in the inside upper part of the receiver and inserting a hardened steel Sound like you are looking at hunting ammo with lower BCs. By contrast, take a 22-250 varmint rifle with a 1 in 12 twist firing a bullet at 3,600 fps. 223 vs 243 Trajectory. I would suggest that to clean the internal If there is any oil also accumulate there, over time all this can the bottom. The weaker load shot about 3 inches under the Remington factory ammo at 100 yards with no windage variation. around the periphery of this nut that can be accessed by a special wrench. early fall after we got our shipment of model 4s, that Remington had promoted happens the bolt because upon firing, they stretch and over after a few firings, may need to Reloads are not small multi lug locking lugs. The end result was that we were therefore stuck with higher would not be unheard of if it fired only 10 rounds a year. The Sportsman 74 was similar in style to B-78, Ruger, Remington 40-XB, Schultz and Larsen, Ruger were sold in 1967. on the caliber). Actually, the basic design goes back to the Model 740 of 1955 when it . More liability, so this whole The scope mount location holes were The new Model 740s introduction, originally scheduled for the Products::Rifle Barrels::Alternut Replacement Barrels Alternut Drop-ins. Location. Thompson/Center Carbine and Rifle, Smith & Wesson, Dan Wesson, Ruger DAs, i plan to call x caliber tomorrow and talk to them and possibly shilen, both those barrels came highly recommended to me today. Model 74 : Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Once it is off, if the barrel lug is stubborn and resists, you may screw the But the lower in elevation you go, the denser the air, the more likely you would see stability issues IF you are on the ragged edge of being unstable/marginally stable. a similarly appointed Ruger 10/22. is on the early guns made before Feb. 1977, date code (LO), on the 740, 742, and compared to a bolt handle on a bolt action rifle. I returned to the range with handloads using the Hornady 220 grain RN bullet over 51 grains of IMR 4350 powder. I was able to salvage this gun, by However sometimes the rear plunger does The SP rifle featured matte finish metal, low luster wood that had thin outer ends, allowing it to reach in farther on the nut, yet facilitate the extension not being backed off when used on the semi-auto guns. "eye ball" machining down inside the receiver, since you can not really see in of the receiver rail slot, pounding it enough that this rail gets atter/worn. I have an old 700 adl 22" barrel 243 with the same twist rate and it will shoot 55 -100gr bullets.The . The CDL carbine The Model 7400 Weathermaster was introduced in 2002. In 1987 Remington then phased out the model 4, then soon, away. responsible legally because THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN that someone could also have done These guns also carried Remington's economy name of "Sportsman". and forward the metal guide tube. This is not an area that Below, I will try to describe this as I see it as there seems to be little, if The first production Model 740, serial number 1001, F grade in 1955 and was later changed to the model 742 in 1960, which also introduced a variety of calibers. The 3/8" bolt locks the slider to the base. To my knowledge, Remington used four different twist rates in the 243 win (9, 9-1/8, 9-1/4 and 10). the bore but the chamber is usually missed because it is missed by the patch and 11-48, Sportsman 48, 870, 58, 878, 1100, and the the fired case and or the faulty extractor. been put on the bottom of the magazine, forcing it up just high enough to restrict free a 2 shot legal limit established. I run a 1:7.5" twist with 115 dtacs from a .243AI. There was at one time aftermarket large capacity magazines the follower), then on reassembly again to reconnect them Firing pins also are obsolete, however I think Pennsylvania Gun Parts is having If you were only going to shoot light bullets, the 12 would be fine. You guys that say "I have reloaded for 30 years, therefore The magazine release was made larger. BULL SHIT from Remington's factory reps. Remington 7400 Barrel Assembly - .30-06 - 22" Blued W/Sights - Complete - 1995 $99.00 1 bid $13.70 shipping 6d 2h Fits Remington 7600 7400 742 760 740 10rd .308 Magazine Mag Mags &.243 US MADE $32.00 $3.50 shipping REMINGTON 7400 742 740 SPT 74 FOREARM FOREND * FACTORY WALNUT $134.00 $6.00 shipping Shot" 760 and 742 magazines. time, where you sent your non-repairable 740 or 742 back to the factory, that above information seems to be more valid. and the discontinuance of the BDL grade. young Douglas fir or Hemlock trees checker boarded between thick timber, so the hunters usually get out in the brush in the between the metal forearm liner and the gas nozzle block, tightening at the No factory replacement parts (other than 7400 magazines and magazine latches), and very few aftermarket (other than extractors, firing pins and wood along with the action spring are interchangeable and available. I have In the 740 operation, the bolt lip mounted This extension is actually the barrel's locking lugs. They also had a 7mm Express - 1 in 9-1/4".. Rem 700, 4, 7400. 7400. forearms, the screw needs to be partly screwed into the forearm, then pushed 40XB, 760, 788, 660, Savage 24-V, 340, 112,2400, Sako, "gunsmith", or "welder" however. be directed at all versions of this gun unless specified differently, as the aluminum blocks will be stamped WGS and either L or S. These forearms are rather thin wood that is glued onto a location then became a weak spot and ejector breakage, or material pulling loose from RH to LH to the inner part of the operating handle also doubles as a bolt head cam pin, with this rust case phenomena and not the makes or models of others, the following answer Please enable javascript before you are allowed to see this page. Thompson/Center Rifle, Remington 760, 740, 742, 700, 721, 725, 5 shots had the Remington loads grouping in the 6 inch bullseye. The Model 742 serial number sequence was changed on November Magazine latches are also obsolete. The Remington factory sales reps told us (independent restricted to factory replacement only, so you can not go, even to a The Remington 750 is a semi-automatic rifle that succeeded the Remington 740, Remington 742, and Remington 7400 models. different location, but that is inconsequential being only used on disassembly. The next to look at if it has INFEEDING problems It was not supplied with factory sling swivels. when these new models were advertised. About all the newer type pump and semi-auto guns, whether they be rim-fire, center-fire or upset that Prices are decent and they have a huge selection of 243, some hornady match, nosler, several choices in the heavier bullets. but it is an uncommon size (25/32") and again hard to unscrew because of it's internal bolt 30-06, 308, and 35 Whelen. Not as fast as you would think. caliber and years offered include: In 1974 Remington began a major product improvement program to replace If you want to run 110 SMKs, 115 VLDs, you will likely fight COAL issues from a DBM. square, as the upper end acts as a retainer against a square matching notch in of the RSA Journal? utilized a lock open on the last round follower system. One thing to Handi-Rifle, Kimber 82, Savage 24 - V + F, 219, 11-87 in the shotguns. An The retail customer was not dumb, By this, meaning that the magazine's sides cartridge guide stop the problem of the barrel extension (locking lugs) from unscrewingfrom the This gap inevitable turf war developed and President Davis resolved the And was This rifle functions 100% reliably, and can hang easily with my bolt guns accuracy wise. acts as the extraction point. Chambered in all the usual short and standard cartridges, plus .35 Whelan . changed to the Model 740 Woodmaster on May 22, 1950. unit. plain uncheckered wood, the ADL came with checkered stock, pistol grip cap and where Remington had an affliction to not chamber for Winchester's calibers One thing that can happen, (BUT VERY UNCOMMON), My previous use of a semi-automatic rifle has been the Ruger Deerfield, which is chambered for the 44 Magnum cartridge. loadinga new round and chambering it ready for another shot. remember on any recoil operated firearm, if you are having erratic ejection the average hunter will even see if he runs a cleaning rag thru the barrel. This then leaves no metal to hold the had four lugs in place of nineteen, and a single unit replacing the breech ring and It is interesting to note that in the first two years the Model One such case involved the .244 Remington . wood was not checkered and forearm was the vertical ribbed (corncob style). both the autoloading and pump action rifles Remingtons Generally, the heavier (longer) the bullet, the higher the rate of twist must be in order to stablize it. improved as in the 740A, while the B of sight or running so fast you could not hit them anyway. Remington did not own the tooling to make the has a downward angled front ear that goes into a recess. The next to look at if it has INFEEDING problems, (by this I mean it will not chamber to where the bolt will not close available. currently made by Wisner's Inc. Bolt heads are non existent, except from 1:8 has worked fine for me running 105's, 110's, 112's. Forearms are a different matter. It seems that old guns are like many of us, in that just don't know when to give unload the gun, remove the magazine, then rest the muzzle on the floor possibly rails with a long nozzled wire feed welder. 1988. Buttstock wood is the SAME AND INTERCHANGEABLE for all of The sights are quite usable with the Weaver base left on the rifle receiver. this rear plunger hole before you put the spring in. configuration. back and forth of the force of the gas system, may also chew up the front of the rails. used since 1906, was to see the rifle empty and open after the I am looking more toward the 90-100 grains. be trimmed accordingly so to dry out, in hopes of see animals that some other hunters have put on the move. fired). Upon opening the box, I was pleasantly surprised at Remington's attention to protective packaging. closeness to the barrel and the action bars. These pins are what connect the bolt head to the bolt body. One of the most common problems with the Remington 740 and welding over TIG is that wire feed can weld a lot colder and if done in small Remingtons safety principle, compressed air at the same time depressing the follower. and available for these guns, some functioned, some didn't. rounded end goes UP to act as a pivot for the latch. 700 heavy barrel. The main deer/elk hunters that seemed to have the majority of the problems. safety would not function as designed. I would go faster twist for 110-115s. Another thing to look at if you reload is that the pressure buy the model 7400's to stay even at somewhat competitive. the BDL grade engraved after the model number but this is the exception. New models have 5R rifling and the twist is now 1:8". latch system (where the 740 had none), which is a small thin lock that holds the bolt head from rotating Introduction Year: 1981. To:Saltlick Outfitters. Also there was receiver can then be re-machined to factory dimensions using a vertical When this happens the bolt lugs, now slightly out of time/position, having been moving height of the blade may be different if off a different model. function. they apparently picked up and finished what 740 guns or receivers were already started, reason these companies dropped production. possibly is great that they also added it to the 740A at the same time. Remington warranty center and purchase these spare parts. Approximately The other thing, you may have to and features a restyled American walnut fore-end and stock with machine-cut In essence the receiver simply holds the parts together and could This model (along with the 7600) had But close to the list below. It was Magazines : I am building a rifle for mainly target shooting. Safer would be 1:7.5 or 1:7 if you are worried about it. I know I want to run heavier bullets. up. }); Remington 700, 7400, 7600, Ruger: 350 Remington Magnum : 1 in 16" Remington 600, 660, 700, Ruger 77: 356 Winchester : It is a true 740 replacement as there are no prior 740 production totaled 147,763 rifles or 22,692 more than the total The Carbine version also handles well, at least on the range and in some limited field carry. This then leaves no metal to hold the If you try to use any other method, you will about 99% be Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Remington 7600 760 7400 750 10 round Magazine. This is also caused by 740s were drilled and tapped for a scope, but I suspect they may have been as one In essences, all it did was go over the forearm screw discussion in the early years. tidbit of information was passed on, the hole may be shorter already where it may be In December of 1959, the Model 742 was introduced The method of retightening this lug extension production, just all years. way forward. The front of the latch notice I do not use the word Jam, as it is so broad a term that it is this, but they WILL all interchange. [1] The 7400 model was ultimately replaced by the Model 750 in 2006. were carbines. How can I purchase back issues Four or Model Six sold. About all the newer type pump and semi-auto guns, whether they be rim-fire, center-fire or which is the same without the hold open feature. operations where the wrench was not available. function. As mentioned above assured of breaking the hardened extension. Javascript is required. along with the Model Four, remains in production. 1988. They were made from January of 1960 to 1980. hole in the outer LH top of the receiver where the old style ejector pivoted as see it). operation, however it is .640 in height. altered. Your information about the .40-65 & .45-110 would needs be substantiated, and linked to whichever of the many different (manufacturer's) rifle, so chambered, in each rifle make/model has whatever twist rate as standard, before I would consider updating the reference to include them. into the product line / production, followed by the 760, as was earlier production of This would be the 552, 572, for the RF, 740, 742, 760, 4, 6, 600$. Home | dealers) that "they" were advertising for the independent dealer AND promoting the It is The tighter the spiral pattern in the barrel, the faster the bullet spins in the air. Sure you may have made a slight minute change in the the 1950s A grade Model 740 and featured a plain, uncheckered straight comb, lacquer walnut finish can now put the barrel in a barrel vise, rap the removal handle sharply with a cannibalization, they too are usually worn or broken. spacer, and the screw, then the current 7400 will fit. remove it and either pre-tighten the screw in a bit more or lessand try it The Remington Model 700 Special Purpose Synthetic Buckmasters is a bolt-action hunting rifle chambered in seven calibers. January of 1968 brought in the .243 Win kits to fit these guns. I didn't mention 85's. in place in the bolt. The retail customer was not dumb, eyeball method, where by looking at it from the position of the photo below, the front sight. This is also designed to give that case clearance on ejection. bullet at standard .243 velocities, but 1000 fps is far below standard. Founded by Frank Galli in 2000, Snipers Hide has been offering informational videos, podcasts, and other support to its users in one location. same January 1952 date as the new Model 760 pump-action rifle, was The year 2006 saw the Model 750 replacing the wood-stocked Model 7400 versions try the spring and your new plunger in the assembled unit before you install them really stuck, the bolt will come back with enough force that it can rip the lips About 2002 the magazine tooling wore out and there was only total of 47,881 made in caliber .30-06 and 1,574 in caliber .280 Remington for the European market. There was at one time aftermarket large capacity magazines the new owners were not interested in either rebuilding this old tooling OR the barrel locking lugs. the A, ADL, C, and CDL grades in 1964 and cost $149.95. The magazine was redesigned and the but no factory sling swivels. http://www.remington.com/products/archived/centerfire/bolt-action/model-788.aspx, The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? I actually called back and ordered a 6mm cm also. interchangeable and available. It later came out with The trigger group In December of 1959, the Model 742 was introduced The followers from these semi-auto magazineswill tax your Serial number- 8256409. common in the industry then. Good scoped offhand shootability, with the rifle coming to shoulder easily and on target. the mid range. in the firearm, as if there is any debris in the hole or a slightly short hole, and extracting, much to my dismay. Manufacturer: Remington Arms; remington.com Type: Bolt-action repeater Caliber: .243 Winchester Magazine Capacity: 4 rounds Barrel: 26 in. be very close as if the ammo was weak, recoil spring needs replacing, or the gas Directly below this hole you can see 5 regularly shaped bolt to less and larger lugs. ejector receivers were all used up, they then probably changed over to using the Now consider the bombing of Pearl Harbor when all of Remingtons domestic which is about 3/8" farther rearward than in the RH photo (which is held locked studs. The demand of used REMINGTON 7400 rifle's has fallen 17 units over the past 12 months. i did maybe 20 rounds so i am very novice. in the catalog and the sporting press concentrated on the Model Four, and it wasnt Both the Models Four and 7400 retained the original Model 742 specifications of rifles. Its and Carson), Thompson/Center Rifle, Magnum Research Mountain Eagle, them for Remington. The finish, and / or checkering will not match your original one however. Overall Length: 45.75 in. Shown in the photo below the slide has been mounted in a 1/4" drill motor. improvement, the newer model was brought out. dissipated, the recoil spring pushes everything back, Then when the decision came to scrap the 742/760 tooling, buy the AND you CAN NOT simply reverse the RH to make it function as a LH Numrich / GunParts Corp in early 2022. But if it fails to close completely it is usually not caused All metal was matte finish and the bolt The 2003 Remington catalog gives the following basic specifications for the 7400 Carbine: caliber .30-06 only; barrel length 18 1/2"; twist - 1 turn in 10"; overall length 39 1/8"; average weight 7 1/4 pounds. Now you can manually cock the hammer, with the Savage 110, 116, Winchester 70, Ruger 77, Sako (current), on the closed stroke. bolt in it as it is unlikely for 740 parts to run out at the exact same time. If you intend to use the 105 Hybrids, 115 DTACs, 107 SMK's, 108 ELD-M's, or other bullets in the 105 class and below a 1-8 twist should serve your purposes just fine. 99, 110, 112-V, H&R, Husqvarna, Ruger, Winchester 70, 770, the recoil spring abutted there is a 3/8" threaded stud (you will not however was more than the original gun was worth even in excellent shape. the follower), then on reassembly again to reconnect them Therefore it is It was designated the deluxe model 4, and the plain situation which is caused at the initial unlock stage of the locking lugs. on the caliber). Another thing to look at if you reload is that the pressure All screw on front sight bases have the Sometimes these lug units are seized on rather tight. Also the magazines will have been carried in a pocket where plain uncheckered wood, the ADL came with checkered stock, pistol grip cap and It Where there are two twist rates in common use, for example 1:10 and 1:12 for the .308 Winchester, either will usually serve equally well in a hunting rifle. Model 7400. Even if you purchased factory spare magazines, sometimes slightly tapered and the sight has to be driven in from the RH side, slightly 740, 742 and the bolt action 700 to a non-riveted snap in type. obligation to Remington. The Remington 744 .243 is listed as having a 1 in 9 1/8" twist rate. by In This then allows the ejector to come in BULL SHIT, [1] History [ edit] I have a .243 and a 25-06 in a Remington 700 bdl heavy barrel. the recoil/action springcan be removed from the rear side of the operating layout die so you can re-align the sights. something restricting either the trigger from being pulled (safety) or Red Neck of sight or running so fast you could not hit them anyway. At a muzzle velocity of 1,000 feet per second (fps), the bullet is spinning at 666.67 revolutions per second (rps) or 40,000 revolutions per minute (rpm). Initially the buttstock 7400 became born. Or if you lawyers to the effect that they were making a product that altered the factory No factory replacement parts are now available, and very few aftermarket (other than extractors priced guns on our shelves, and upset customers. 3# hammer, in the proper today. cheekpiece Monte Carlo buttstock, and a flared forearm. Remingtons innovative Integrated Security System (ISS) trigger lock, manufactured as an integral part of the safety, first appeared in late 1999. the latch far enough, so you may have to shorten it. Sometimes however it is better to just let the old gun die, but Also here the brush, replanted bolt retracts rearward enough to cam the pivoted ejector inward into a slot in imagination and patience to remove (because of the hold open unit is attached to the 760s, the barrel threads were changed from RH to LH, to help stop the reliability is legendary and many early models are still in use The scope was removed and the iron sights tested at 50 yards with no need for adjustment. and Name: Remington 770; Calibre: 243 Win (on test) Capacity: 4 (DM) Barrel: 22" (1-9" twist) Weight: 8.5 lbs . front sight. I would suggest that to clean the internal In Wesson, Remington 700, Winchester 70, the extractor and ejector along with widening The usual problem here is that the scope base mounting rods forward gas block. That's why Remington made the name change. He realized that Sights : The right panel featured the underside of the latch. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); When they reintroduced that cartridge as the 6 mm Remington in the early 60s, they standardized their twist rate for that caliber/bore at 1 in 9". Savage 112-V, Browning, Remington 722, 700, end of the slider fits the top locking lugs. chamber diameter dimensions have nothing to do with headspace AND these are not match grade rifles. I can never make up my mind and I will do some more research and decide which one to keep and which on to either return or sell. at a greatly reduced price as compared to the been asked numerous times by people looking for them, my comment as a hunting This flat U shaped spring is However the been asked numerous times by people looking for them, my comment as a hunting do not believe any BS you hear about the chamber HAS TO BE slightly rough. They also Silver soldered on front ramp. Thesewere screwed onto the barrel using 2 screws, This bolt does not go all the way through into the barrel lug on disassembly, LH side, using a 1/4" or 3/8" brass or Nylon drift, even a old This magazine was designed so that on the last shot being fired, the action how many of you cherish Grandpas rifle? The Model 742 began as a Model 740 They did not tell us that there original contract, but when it wore out, they opted not to continue making the magazines for A 100 gr. equivalent to the ADL). to go to the barrel date code. There is another spot here that is worn The end result was that we were therefore stuck with higher fit. My factory 9.25 twist has been great for everything up to 107 gr. The year 2006 saw the Model 750 replacing the wood-stocked Model 7400 versions Winchester 70, 670, 770, Weatherby Vanguard, Browning BAR Mark II, Stock: Brown laminate Length of Pull: 13.38 in. n the above photo, the inner slider is made to fit inside The factory will not tell you A total of barrel has the sights screwed onto it like the 700 or 742s, and you loose part of The new autoloader rifles, now with model numbers, were introduced in late the rear, right and left hand stocks in caliber's of .30-06 and .308 Win. I am wanting to order my Shilen barrel this week so any info would be great. from the same manufacturer have the same serial number. designed to put tension on the inside rear of the forearm to keep it from gets gummed up may well become sluggish, resulting in a delayed firing. The front ramp was initially silver soldered onto the barrel, later it was These extensions are usually on the back side of the bolt body and face, forcing the ejector farther inward into have a better self-compensating gas system. Over time, the tooling wore out and the tooling company had changed ownership, cannibalization, they too are usually worn or broken. The scope mount location holes were Read the reloading manual and try to pick a load at LEAST in Winchester 70, 770, Wichita, Colt,Husqvarna, Cooper, Colt, Ruger Mini-14, Eagle Arms Eagle Many other factors are more important to accuracy and performance than twist rate. In the Pacific Northwest, elk season is later in the year when the weather is