Overhead powerlines and service lines Powerlines can be difficult to see, even on bright sunny days and more so in low light, rain, cloudy weather, or at dawn or dusk. A fallen pole that brings down the powerline supplying electricity to your home is dangerous, as well as inconvenient. Many potentially hazardous situations can occur with electricity, so you should consult a qualified professional for any electrical work you may need. This additional safety precaution supports you, as a property owner in your responsibilities to ensure the electricity supply remains safe. We usually own the poles up to the property boundary and these can be identified by a pole number. The main reason being is that they are more qualified and specially trained to work directly on a streets electricity network than normal electricians. If youre undertaking renovations, for instance, a private power pole can remove heavy cables from sight so you can enjoy a beautiful view. Our maintenance, inspection, placement, replacement and installation services of these poles are affordable and are fully licensed and insured. If a pole is owned by us, youll find the number marked on the pole approximately 2.4 meters above the ground. Thank you Paddy for your prompt service. However, this needs to follow certain circumstances, including; Phew, that installation process is done! On average their height ranges from 7.2 m 12.5 meters and they can even be painted to whatever colour you desire. Read more Read more Need an electrician? Would highly recommend to anyone looking for the best service and value. Check the condition of your pole by checking: If you have any concerns about the condition and/or safety of the private pole, contact a licensed electrical contractor. This could cause injury or death. You can count on us to put your safety on top of our priorities. Powerlines that clash in high winds can spark and produce molten fragments, which may cause bushfires. If the private power pole is spotted to be moulding, rusting or experiencing any type of defect, you should contact an authorised service provider immediately either for repair or replacement. What more could you want?! There are two main types of private power poles Hardwood timber and galvanised steel poles. Nothing was too much trouble, he was quick and efficient, honest and reliable and a really nice genuine guy to work with. Very detail oriented and completely professional.I would not hesitate to recommend these guys. Access maps showing the general location of our electricity network. Fill-in your details below and we will get back to you within 30 minutes or less! Thus they must contact an electrician to ensure any issues with these pooled resources can be quickly identified and rectified. John and Karl were friendly, efficient, and very professional at a great price. A property pole is a pole within your property's boundary that supports the overhead powerlines to your home or other buildings. I had Paddy completely replace my switchboard and enclosure with a much safer and more aesthetically pleasing recessed unit. Unfortunately, many businesses provide customers with a quote without taking into account all aspects of the project. We pay our respects to ancestors Licensed electricians from The Local Electrician will do the installations and make sure the power poles are working as they should be. Highly recommend and will use them with all my electrical needs. In terms of height, most private power poles range from between 3-8 metres. Ergon Network acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work, and recognise their continuing connection to land, waters and community. Private power poles are used to support the power lines that connect your electrical supply to your home or business. Used Andy and his team on multiple jobs. Paddy came to my house to do the electrical part of my bathroom renovation and also to install various types of pendant lights. My email sent at 7:20am was responded to within ten minutes with a phone call. It is encouraged that if you have noticed damages or issues with the power pole or lines an inspection occurs as well as after major storms, floods and bushfires. Check out our In some cases, properties need to have private poles to bring the power from the Essential Energy electricity network to where its needed; in these cases, the connection point is located before these private poles, which means they are your property and are your responsibility to maintain. I can't say how happy I am for his fast, professional service. After hours. Lets talk about how our expertise can meet your power needs. Being a single Mum, I really needed help, and you guys were amazing. Very happy with the service. Generally, trees near power lines and poles should not touch the power linesand if they were to fall, they should not pose the risk of touching the powerlines. THANK YOU, The local electrician attend to install a new ceiling fan and replace a few downlights throughout my property,Service was amazing and the electrician showed up on time and had it all sorted within no time. Looks amazing. Our blog is here to explain all there is with home solar EV charging! Along with the steel pole, it can be painted to whatever the homeowner would like. If you suspect damage, arrange for an appropriately qualified electrical contractor to assess and, if necessary, repair the defect. Maintenance of private utility poles on your property is your responsibility and is important to ensure your safety. Discover the areas where Essential Energy can help you be energy safe, such as outages, vegetation, underground cables, storms and aviation. Information for those that work on and around our network. Paddy was punctual and went above and beyond to ensure that the job was done right and in a timely manner. In these situations, the pole may be in the height of 5.5 m or even 6 m. Moreover, there is also a standard height below ground to the pole. Your electrical contractor can also help you inspect and maintain your private poles and power lines. Since moving into a new house Paddy has replaced our switchboard, installed new circuits, replaced light fittings and fans, organised the installation of a new ducted air conditioning system. Contact us for more information. My family swears by these guys. Follow our social media channels to get the latest updates on Energex's work in South East Queensland. Regular inspection of the base of the pole is needed to make sure there is no decay, sign of termites, rust or other damage. Brian was very prompt, fast and priced well! These components are incredibly durable and long-lasting, but we still offer you a 5-year warranty on all materials, just in case! Thank you so much for the amazing work. While shared amongst multiple homes, the private electricity power line allows the electricity to be diverted to any place. Contacted Local Electrician to change over my downlights from halogen to led, bloke named Paddy with a big beaming smile showed up on time, spread a drop sheet, swapped the lights and cleaned up after he finished.Not the cheapest sparky, but good quality. Definitely recommend. When issues occur, electrical defect notices will be issued, and this is when action needs to be taken immediately. Great electricians and great person on the end of the phone. We had fans and dimmers installed in all the bedrooms.Really happy with the service and quality of the work. For an overall understanding ofwhat to do with an electrical defect notice, our article is extremely helpful describing what to do in these situations. Queensland's electrical safety legal framework includes: the Electrical Safety Act 2002. Review of the Electrical safety Act 2002. the Electrical Safety Regulation 2013. From the roadway to the first pole: maintenance and tree trimming in the public roadway is . All rights reserved. The aerial service cable is carried to a pole on private land. Nick was excellent with the whole process on helping decide which downlights would work best and positionings to get the most lighting in the areas, would highly recommend nick and the team. For more safety information visit essentialenergy.com.au/safety. You can be seriously injured without touching the powerline. Please download the latest version for the best user experience: Internet Explorer (version 10 or higher), Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera. Furthermore, the minimum depth requirement for power poles is 2 m deep below the ground. Our entire power went out thanks to my dodgy pork spit motor. Check out our He diagnosed and sorted the problem with my switch board. But before installing electricity on your property, there are a few things you need to know. For a confidential discussion around eligibility for support, please call us on 1300 032 306. Longevity as its main focus, these power poles offer a more natural look to the property. All trees, shrubs and vegetation must be trimmed regularly and cleared around utility poles to avoid potential problems and keep access clear. This will result in a private power replacement service. If you notice any of these common defects, you will need to organise repairs or tree trimming as soon as possible. To learn more about your power pole options, contact us at 0410 229 139, or use our online contact form. Paddy did a great job and it looks great. Level 2 Electricians Vs Ordinary Electricians How Are They Different. Looks bloody fantastic, with all new power outlets and cables all hidden away. We had no power. Paddy the electrician came around and did everything in a timely and highly professional manner, and he's a nice guy too! So professional and helpful. You can get in touch with us for private pole installation and maintenance. We strive to deliver absolute customer satisfaction by offering electrical services that are affordable, safe and long lasting. Apart from doing a brilliant job in less than ideal conditions, they were also really lovely people. If theyre on your property, its up to you. Please download the latest version for the best user experience: Internet Explorer (version 10 or higher), Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera. Check out this blog to find out. He was professional, efficient and friendly. The average height of wooden power pole is approximately 8-11 metres. Installing A Private Power Pole For Your Home Electricity is crucial to modern life and the Australian economy. Energex poles can be identified by a unique number on the side of the pole, usually two to three metres above ground level. All our utility poles are strength rated. have a licensed electrical contractor inspect the pole at least every five years. There are three main types of private power poles which can be installed onto a property within Sydney, these are: timber, galvanised/ steel and the titan composite power pole. Its a great idea. There are also composite power poles which are made up of cement and are used more for commercial activities. When needing professional direction with private power poles, The Local Electrician is here to help! Including general maintenance, there are multiple different responsibilities which are given to the homeowner, such as: If unsure on how to perform general maintenance, calling a trained electrician to provide tips/ maintenance is always advised. In most cases, cables from the network pole to the home would obstruct trees, walkways and roads. (Triple Zero) To report life threatening emergencies like fallen powerlines or shocks & tingles. Fast , efficient and friendly! Thanks again and will use you guys in the future for any other work/renovations! Lastly, private power poles will need to be installed if existing ones have become too old. Came on time, completed job quickly and fair priced. We had Paddy come out and install 4 ceiling fans.We cant recommend anyone more than him. Additionally, if our asset inspectors or field staff identify any hazards or defects associated with your private power poles or overhead powerlines, we will send you notification of the work required to rectify this and the timeframe in which it must be done. Would not hesitate to recommend these guys to others! As with any job, the cost of installing (or repairing) a private power pole will vary based on the amount of work required. This number is generally located two to three metres above the ground on the side of the pole. Gordon Powers is your partner when it comes to the laws, rules and regulations of a private power pole. Twice this year she has had major problems with her overhead electrical cable, resulting in total power loss. Electricity is generated at power stations, which use various fuel sources, including coal, gas, oil, biomass, water, wind, geothermal or solar. However, these are all approximate estimates and you should always call us for a detailed and proper quote. Some homes in Queensland have poles within their property boundaries that connect to the electricity network. We needed some electrical work done to our house as the previous mob had left the wiring in an unsafe state. Heres a breakdown of our prices so you can get a feel for whats involved: Galvanised steel private pole (lifespan of 10 12 years), Hardwood timber private pole (lifespan of 15 30 years), Titan composite private pole (lifespan of 40 years). Powerlines or wires hanging too low can clash and lead to bushfires. Find out more about defect notices. I got home from work at 3am and found that my house had no power. The qualified professionals you engage will advise you of any issues and appropriate rectification procedures. (a) Swimming pools are never allowed to be built underneath a power line, regardless of the clearance. The overall costs will vary depending on the person or company chosen and the scope of work which required. Our team consists of Level 2 certified electricians who can work on any site, large or small. Was very good to deal with, and cannot rate their service more highly. He was able to explain everything to me and how to keep it in better condition. Couldn't recommend them more highly. This means you need to take into account the cost of the pole itself, labour, electrician fees, connection costs and the price of the cables. Very reliable and efficient service. It is important you notify the property owner or your rental agent immediately if you think a power pole or powerline on the property you are renting requires maintenance or repair. If they dont take prompt action, contact us on 13 16 70. As a result, a private power pole installation reduces the number of wires needed. FAQs, or Our interactive map of electricity generators in Queensland also shows what energy sources . If you own a property pole then you are responsible for keeping it safe and connected. After that they checked all the power points and cords. . Over time, property poles can deteriorate through decay, termite damage, or rust. Ben in particular made what seemed to me to be a complex job look rather easy. He was very efficient, professional and tidy. These laws apply to every place of work in Queensland. He was very polite and professional and had no trouble in explaining what he was doing and also cleaned up after himself. Regulation 2014 allow Essential Energy's asset inspectors to access your property to undertake regular ground-based . Whether youre surrounded by sandy beaches or a forest of trees, its an upgrade well worth the investment. Paddy came out and completed everything from re-wiring, new powerpoints, downlights, internet connections. We recognise that the pole and powerline maintenance work can be a significant cost. This process has a coating of protective zinc applied to the pole to prevent rusting. He was on time and the job ran smoothly including organising the level 2 ASP for me.The work was inspected by Ausgrid and passed without a drama. It usually supports the overhead powerlines to your home or other buildings. Register to receive SMS notifications for power outages in your area. They are reliable and prompt to solve my problems, prices are fair and they really recommend the best on your behalf. In most cases the condition of a pole can only be assessed by an experienced person as it may not show any visible defects. OurEmergency Electricianservices ensure that we can work 24/7 with private power poles no matter the time/ day. Property poles and privately owned powerlines, Load control tariffs for business customers, Property Poles and Privately Owned Powerlines, National Electrical and Communications Association, have a licensed electrical contractor inspect the pole at least every five years, regularly check your property poles condition, with repairs made by a licensed electrical contractor. Thankyou so much! 10/10 would recommend. The standard minimum height requirement in Australian for power poles above ground is 4.5 metres. Any poles located outside the property boundary are usually the responsibility of Energex. Inspect the area and ensure it is clear from vegetation and it can be connected to the electrical network and property through the point of attachment. He cheerfully answered and tended to all our concerns. Paddy came out same day and found it pretty quick and at a fair price. Paddy was flexible, easy-going and completed a high quality and professional job with the installation of our outdoor light setting. Copyright Energex 2023. I Very much wish to advise the Joy of my experience with Local Electrician.The Office team, Mary and Helen, The initial contact Nick, then very soon, our two amazing boys Reggie and Jason, braved the rain to complete our job. have nearby trees trimmed and maintained by a qualified arborist. Fill-in your details below and our Sydney Electricians will get back to you within 30 minutes or less! If youre not sure who owns a pole, check for an Ergon pole number. Chris was on the scene quickly and got to the bottom of the issue within minutes. ABN: 82 757 595 979 QBCC Licence: 1088291 Electrician . Essential Energy generally does not inspect privately-owned sub-mains the low voltage overhead powerlines that extend beyond your main switchboard or metering unit. The Local Electrician has years of experience installing, remodelling, relocating and replacing private utility poles. If our electricians cannot arrive on time, we will not charge you anything for their service. Ben came figured out the issue, inspected the fuse box, resetted the safety switches, changed a melted PowerPoint (thanks to our dodgy builder) all in under 20minutes. I move around homes frequently and often run into a lot of problems regarding the quality of lights installed around my home. I recently received help from Paddy who installed some motion sensor lights up my pathway and at my front door, he was quick to the job, was well humoured, and walked me through the process so there was transparency between us.Would highly recommend this service to anyone who wants a no BS and talented worker. Was very impressed with Paddy's professionalism and workmanship. However after seeking the advice of an electrician, it is up to you and your personal preference as to which one is installed or replaced. the base of the pole for decay, sign of termites, rust or other damage. Price. But now comes the important part: testing and inspecting your private power pole. He then proceeded to fix the issues and was done in just under an hour. You use it for lighting, cooling, refrigeration, heating, operating appliances, electronics, computers and machinery. organising a licensed electrician to regularly inspect, maintain and, where necessary, promptly repair electricity equipment including power poles, wires and pole-top fittings on your property, also include any sub-mains on the property that may provide power supply to a pump or a shed and; engaging a qualified tree trimming contractor to maintain safe clearances between trees and power poles or powerlines. Great job for such professional service ! They sent 6 very nice young men who cheerfully and efficiently worked together to do a complex post-renovation job, upgraded safety switches in meter box, added new powerpoints, moved light switches and the TV. Paddy was highly responsive and able to sort out our installation in no time. The property owner is responsible for ensuring the system runs safely and properly. Did you know that unsafe power poles can lead to fires or electric shock? Where you see power lines and poles is often an indicator of who takes care of them. This notice can be issued for a number of reasons including if trees are growing too close to the pole and when there are visible damages present such as decay, termite damage or the pole has fallen. He arrived on time. I recently contacted The Local Electrician in regards to some issues I have been having with my lights for several months now. Property owners are responsible for the maintenance of private property poles. Would use The Local Electrician again! I recommend their service. We pay respect to Elders past and present. They will see what repairs or replacements are required for the defect to be resolved and the notice to be cleared (e.g between power pole has to be within 2.4m and 3m from property boundaries), The overall costs can vary depending on the scope of work and what power pole is required. Our electrical panel was rewired by Paddy. Thankyou again! Will was super pedantic, and said he installed it the way he wouldve installed it for himself. You no longer need to search for a power pole installation near me. The Local Electrician has provided electrical services to the Greater Sydney area since 2009. Great team and great service. Have a question? You can have one just for yourself, or you can share between several properties. Highly recommend! The most friendly and responsive electrician company I have ever encountered. Do not disturb the concrete for three days to establish adequate strength. These poles are owned by you as part of the property - and it's your responsibility to regularly check and maintain the poles. Heres everything you need to know about NSWs private pole regulations and responsibilities. Turns out we had asbestos in the fuse box and no kill switches - pitfalls of being in an old house. You can have one just for yourself, or you can share between several properties. Extremely honest & professional company. cross arms that are splitting, loose or sagging. We are here to serve you with our professional services at any time of the day or night. Calling a licensed level 2 electrician is the most effective option to take and should happen as soon as possible. These improvements increase street safety by hiding electrical cables from view and saving the houses appearance from unsightly wires running across its front. My Mum's previous electrician told her the jobs were too big for him, and it'd take him a week to arrange staff and equipment. If trees and other vegetation around the private power poles need to be trimmed to within the safe clearance zones, always use a qualified tree trimmer (also known as an arborist), as this can be dangerous. we can install a private property pole connecting your house to electricity. Some areas in more bushfire prone areas will understandably be more stringent in their approved species compared to other areas and we highly recommend contacting your local council or energy distributor before planting any tree on your property. This includes understanding precisely the customers boundary from the connection point to attachment in their household everything within this space falls under the responsibility of the said customer. Paddy was amazing to work with. info@everestelectrical.com.au. Thanks Paddy for installing the amazing LED strip lights for our kitchen cabinets.