In addition to great amenities, our golf course is playable year-round due to a superior maintenance program. 6. Sounds nice. I wouldn't get too tied into your area, unless you're talking about crossing Portland (eastside to west). Membership Cost. Very nice practice facility. You can eat, drink, and relax until you can relax no more. I have three little ones and the hope is they will be into golf but you never can tell. The practice area is one of the best in the area. Plays well all year. Columbia Edgewater is the best of the courses on the North side but I have no idea the cost. In addition, Seletar Lifestyle Membership is the only golf club membership that foreigners can join for the same prices as Singapore citizens and permanent . Great greens though. Copyright 2023 GolfPass. [/quote] An 18 hole course, we offer an easy walking, championship course with spectacular. Anyone have much experience with Tualatin or Willamette? Play Video A Unique Fellowship. I do know that one of the teaching pros there, Scott Erdman, is supposedly an awesome guy who has a lot of experience. Multiple putting/chipping greens, plus a 110-yard short game area with multiple greens. Its also that they have a very inclusive, family-friendly environment. Twilight rate begins after 12pm - 7 days per week. GolfWRX_Official Century or older tall beautiful fir, cedar, birch and pine trees line the manicured fairways. I'm sure the initiation is $35k+ at both too. I live close-in SE PDX, not too far from Eastmoreland, where I play quite a bit in the summer, but mostly play at Langdon (love the course, but not the drive) and play/practice at Heron Lakes (not far from work). I'll be scheduling a round there soon as well. Plus i HATE the range, they use balls that are designed to not fly far and can't hit anything over 200 I believe. With some daily-fee courses charging $100 or more for a round, you might already be . They are saying there is a lot of room to negotiate a membership and I would be an idiot to pay a full initiation fee and/or full member rate. Membership is cheap. Join Now . I agree with everything on your list though. ***GIVEAWAY*** Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedge! GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, Tuesday at 04:47 PM, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 20, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 13, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, February 6, GolfWRX_Spotted posted a topic in Tour and Pre-Release Equipment, January 31, By Want to Play. I know a guy who was a member at OLCC. Like private clubs, there are memberships for individuals, family, corporate and non-residents. Even if you are working in Downtown there are options especially if you live near the light rail. on the scorecard it looks short, but the course is. Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex It's a full concept country club and everything about it is superb. quiet country course cons - no pool) Our club serves as a place where families can spend time together and enjoy the . Located in downtown Portland, this club was established over 100 years ago by a group of college students who were looking to foster personal connections, personal growth, and professional development. heard the course is good. Davis, California. Member reciprocal privileges include accommodation and dining facilities within our ever-growing network of more than 50 private domestic and international Clubs. Cost. It wouldn't be a problem for me but for the family. [quote name='spud3' timestamp='1388214471' post='8358211'] Girls Amateur. BREWSTER, WA | Enjoy 3 nights' accommodations at The Inn at Gamble Sands and 3 rounds of golf at Gamble Sands - Sands Course and the new QuickSands Short Course. We're coming from NYC where it takes me an hour to get to any course, so any commute under 25 minute would be amazing. Did they fix that? Pay and Save, Inc. 4.6 star. If you're looking at Columbia and Riverside, you might as well toss Royal Oaks in, which is arguably as good or better than Edgewater and significantly better than Riverside. Junior Executive Membership. Good stuff. Thanks a bunch again for your opinions. I didn't originally mention PGC or Wave, since they're both clearly in another bracket. Cadet Member - Must be under 14 and not have a golf handicap. So whats great about Waverley is the grounds are in pristine condition and you get a backdrop of the Willamette River. Plays well all year. Any comments, positive or negative, about the golf courses, costs, service, amenities, etc. TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex I kinda hoped it would just be so great that I'd just have to sign up that day and be done with it but I didn't get that impression. Portland Golf Club hosts live bands, musicians, and a ton more. Again, yes. I know their in-network reciprocals are pretty good too and some are relatively local (Astoria, Salem, Seattle). Portland Golf Club. I also liked the clubhouse and the guys they paired me up with were fun to play with. Many University Club members are active participants in the arts community, as well as in non-profits or organizations for higher education. The balls suck, in my opinion, and while you hit off grass you're really hitting off mangled turf. Wildwood Golf Course. More as it develops. Any suggestion on other places to look and/or questions I should ask when inquiring about membership would be great. With the average member age at 48, its a young and vibrant club with a historical feel and mind-blowing scenic views. . Monday 11th - Glenelg Veterans. Intermediate members have access to all club and course privileges for themselves, their spouse and children under 24. Based on your age I would lean more towards Portland than Waverly if that is where your heart is set. Curious if anyone has a ballpark for initiation/dues for Waverley or PGC since those are the closest to the areas we're looking, as well as a preference between the two? If location wasn't an issue I'd pick Royal Oaks. This level of exclusivity provides easy access to the golf course, for example, with every-other tee-time left open for walk-ons. Junior Cards can be obtained by attending a Junior Etiquette Class held at RedTail Golf Center on the first Saturday of each month @ 2:30pm. There are just so many different things that you can do at this club, and its super family-friendly, too. For example you can get an all you can hit card from Tualatin Island Greens for $700 a year, Langdon has their Farm Card but not sure what all is in that. Not sure if this is standard, but when I joined they also threw in free cart use for a year, which is really nice for getting 18 holes in after 6:00 at night (I've done it three times). If you want to slum it for a year there is the Portland city card. This club is just the coolest. Ball: Titleist ProV1x (2019). Putt well at Riverside, you can putt well most places. They did have a fitness center, which my wife would like, and their initiation fees were reasonable. That was second on my list. From our 9-hole Par 3 golf course, nationally recognized short game practice area and our year-round grass tee driving range, our facilities help players of all skill levels improve their game. hamilton bulldogs alumni. Take 50% off dining at your Home Club, play . Really don't like driving to the west side. ENTER NOW! The members are very golf-oriented and laid back for the most part. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Ive heard riverside has a good young member rate, interested in what CECC young membership runs ya. Its a great neighborhood if you want the downtownish experience. Buying a house in Portland Oregon, is Portland in a recession? Many have said the combination of Columbia and Riverside would be the equivalent of Pumpkin or Reserve on the east side (which would be great). I live in West Linn and mostly golf out at Stone Creek, OGA, or Langdon but play all around town. APPLY NOW: Cleveland Frontline Elite Putters! If you want more info, send me a PM and I'd be happy to chat. BGT ZNE 115G shaft w/ BB&F ferrule, VOKEY WW 58 low bounce "K" grind BGT ZNE 130G shaft w/ BB&F 2" ferrule, JAMES PATRICK 60 (bent to 62) Mid Bounce BGT ZNE 130G shaft w/ BB&F, SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD FLATSO 1.0. I'll send you a PM after the round and may take you up on the offer for more inside info then. The Royal Melbourne Golf Club - Sandringham, Melbourne. The only difference between these two categories is . Id suggest contacting each club, taking a tour, play a round with a member, and dont be afraid to ask questions. . Talk about some insane weather that afternoon too. I always had a good experience with the folks who worked there. I didn't find there to be a whole lot of negotiating room when I dealt with some of the clubs, but ended up a club where it wasn't really necessary either. I know you said you live in SE where? Started Tuesday at 05:32 AM, By And, if you drop by a little later in the evening, you might catch one of their legendary social events. For number 3 on the list of Portlands 7 most prestigious membership clubs, we go just a stones throw away to the Oswego Lake Country Club. Membership Types. Memberships. If you are on the West side you can rule out any of the North Portland clubs along with WVCC. hoping to belong. GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips The Portland course - named after the Dukes of Portland who did much in the 19th century to generate wealth in the area with the construction of docks at Troon harbour and the creation of coal mines in nearby Kilmarnock . heard the course is good. OLCC is a nice club, but the practice area and layout of the course kind of detract from the whole thing. Junior membership is$2k initiation and close to $400/month. Its stunning design makes the play both more challenging and more enjoyable. [quote name='FlyFish' timestamp='1396596305' post='9017251'] Every putt seemed straight compared to Riverside. A post shared by The Oregon Golf Club (@theoregongolfclub), Learn More: Portlands 9 Best Suburbs to Move to. -Portland (hadn't really considered it but it's location is probably no better then Royal Oaks or Edgewater in terms of fighting traffic) Great idea though. Hard to find even ground. I can think of 6 really good holes there, 6 ok ones, and 6 not so great holes. I live close-in SE PDX, not too far from Eastmoreland, where I play quite a bit in the summer, but mostly play at Langdon (love the course, but not the drive) and play/practice at Heron Lakes (not far from work). Where do you normally play? Initiation: $2,501 - $10,000 Dues: $5,001 - $10,000 annually. APPLY NOW: Cleveland Frontline Elite Putters! I've had the pleasure of playing this Portland gem a handful of times in the last few years. The last three years they've dumped a ton of effort into drainage, especially on the back nine. Strictly golf something I definitely appreciate. Definatly pushed me over the edge as to wanting to be a member at a club. If youre looking for a more formal arrangement, you can head to the club for 5 star culinary cuisine and handcrafted cocktails. The average individual club membership is $520 per month, according to a survey by Golf Digest. A post shared by Waverley Country Club (@waverleycountryclub), Learn More: 10 things you dont know about living in Portland, Oregon. The atmosphere is also fantastic. The range is just meh. Being able to hit off grass (double sided range) year round is a nice perk. This category does include access to the Private Club Network. Your link has been automatically embedded. Persimmon The Waverley Way sets forth a standard of treating each other with respect and of not being standoffish. If you have an interest learning more, please let us know. Well I played WVCC on Monday. Coming in at number four, we have the Oregon Golf Club. Are these a little pricier? Portland Golf Club welcomes all players. Persimmon was much harder, if you ask me. The location and amenities sure are nice. Great neighborhood bars but no HOAs so the potential to end up next to the Red House (Google Red House Portland) and read up on it). Sounds like you are pretty set on a country club. First and foremost when joining a club in the Portland area you will need to be realistic about your travel time. I think OGC suffers from the whole 6/6/6 affliction. I don't really dislike the course it's just never struck me on first impression as a place I'd like to walk/play all the time. NOW AVAILABLE: GolfWRX G/Fore Hats and Holderness & Bourne Polos! Lining the fairways and mirrored in the majestic water features throughout the course, you have towering evergreen pines. Rock Creek has multiple affordable membership classes available. The Reserve does have an edge in that cart is included, and there aren't any food minimums. Sounds like you are pretty set on a country club. From private to semi-private, we have all kinds of options in Oregon for you to choose from. Marketing & Membership DIrector kalle.granada@cecc.com. . Really like what I think was 14 (par 3) 15 (par 5) and 16 (signature par 4). I agree with everything on your list though. Portland's Perfection in 18 holes. Whats cool about the Multnomah Whiskey Library is that they do allow a select number of walk-ins from the public. carl rogers experiments. Yeah I think like a lot of others have said you either really like OGC or you don't. Will have to look into it more but on the surface it doesn't seem like a golf minded club. Please share a bit of info about yourself and press the submit button below. Arnold Palmer Invitational 2023 (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS/REFERENCES ***), BGT Stability tour black with Scotty Cameron pistolini grip, Srixon ZX5 Iron Set Modus 120X; ZX 3 Wood KBS-70 Cat 4 X, My idiocy is your gain, Ventus TR Red 6x Driver $old, 2022 Scotty Cameron Phantom X7, Stealth DHY19, Rangefinder, Shafts. Definatly pushed me over the edge as to wanting to be a member at a club. Winner of prestigious awards, Oregon Golf Club is an exclusive private club without the stuffy feel. I would absolutely avoid them like the plague. spot. [/quote] No, I've played many, potentially even most, of the "nice" golf courses from Seattle to Oregon to Idaho to Nevada. I understand that it's not for everyone. Its so not-stuffy that they even have a term for that opposing vibe. CECC is in a weird part of town but if you want the east side that is where I would look. There are many many bunkers that are perfectly maintained .The fires were oiled ice and rolled true. And, it gets chiller still; If you want an even more laid back atmosphere, you can go downstairs to the Green Room where they have cocktails, small plates, and snacks. Much nicer locker room, work out room, restaurant/bar, etc. At number 7, we have the Portland Golf Club. Enjoyed the tree lined fairways. Green Fee. and other persons of influence in any decent golf country club or membership area. My girlfriend probably gets more utility out of it than I do, but it is a nice amenity. I also don't like that you're hitting into an uphill/sidehill landing area. We'll likely be living in either the Southwest (Ainsworth or Bridlemile school areas) or the Sellwood-Eastmoreland area. Driver: Ping G425 Max 12 degw/MR Tensei OrangeR Next on the list is one of Portlands finest drinking establishments. Full membership: 750. 124 W 200 S Portland, . I'll also challenge the "not friendly members" opinion that someone mentioned. It's not typically the best day to see any private club. It's nice to be able to go play another course if ]you travel or it's aerification time. My cousin spent 50k k on a wedding and had some very naughty employees. Please carry and use a sand bucket. A pristine, exclusive golf course located right in the heart of southwest Portland, this is the golf club to which Portlanders grow up. To give you an accurate idea of the kind of vibe you can expect here, its safe to say that the traditions it was founded on have really stayed the same throughout time. Portland Golf Club. We just want to be in a family-oriented community that has decent transportation to downtown (ideally 30 minutes or less on public trans), as well as decent access to restaurants/bars/shops,etc. They were (and are) running a great promo where initiation is hugely discounted if you join with one or more people, and as an "intermediate" member I'm not paying much more than what I paid at Rock Creek for dues. GolfWRX_Official $500.00: Country Membership. When you visit Portland Golf Club, you can enjoy the 38,000 square foot fully-modernized clubhouse. Columbia Edgewater Our members find the Club to be a fun and friendly second home that they are proud to share with their family, friends and business associates. A MAC membership provides exclusive stadium access, where you can even workout while watching a live game take place in front of your very eyes. My girlfriend probably gets more utility out of it than I do, but it is a nice amenity. In order to receive the Junior Greens Fee rates you must present a City of Portland Junior Card. North Course. You cannot paste images directly. cons - just haven't really heard much about the place so I have nothing to go on) Fill in your information below and we'll get in touch to schedule your visit. Junior Non-Student Member (Under 21) $475. The second hole is huge. The Madison Club - California, USA: 22,310. Recognized as the only Platinum-rated country club in the Pacific Northwest, Waverley, which offers an array of services and facilities, is more than just a golf course; though golf is why we exist. I played in there Member Guest last year was blown away with how nice and fun most everyone was at the club. Unlock all that Witch Hollow has to offer Membership. Age 26-30: 320. Riverside and C-E are pretty much a straight shot up 33rd, maybe 15 minutes from home, so that's why I was starting there. Although they don't list their rate structure, members can select a plan based on its benefits. The downside of any of the three is location, it is frequently difficult to get to with any sort of traffic. We are moving from San Francisco (I know, sorry), so we are very much used to homelessness and high tax issues, but Portland is attractive to us because it's still relatively much more affordable compared to the Bay Area, I'm keeping my job/salary, and my wife is from Tacoma, which is just a quick 2 hour drive north. There's just no easy way to get to Reserve/Pumpkin from here, and access is primary. I personally love the hike @OGC. Intermediate & Intermediate Active (21-35) Non-stockholder. WV, Tualatin, and OGC were the main contenders. It's nice to play a few times throughout the summer, but it is traditionally very wet, has a couple quirky holes, and not a great walking course. Persimmon maybe a few minutes more. It's a good 15 minutes off of 26, so unless you live in west Beaverton/Aloha/Hillsboro, it's going to take you some time to get there. Many families gather at Waverly to share the first-rate amenities or to post up on the river for picnic food and drinks. Practice area is okay. Registered Bladeocrat I live in SE Portland, and these are the closest to my house, which is a primary consideration. Riverside So whats great about Waverley is the grounds are in pristine condition and you get a backdrop of the Willamette River. EXPLORE. I don't really dislike the course it's just never struck me on first impression as a place I'd like to walk/play all the time. Memberships range from several hundred to several thousand dollars annually, so do your research and calculate . The practice area is one of the best in the area. Started 49 minutes ago, Please put and questions or comments here, Please put any questions or comments here, Please put any questions of comments here. For me, we live in close in NE, and I wanted a club that was stable, primarily about golf, and comfortable for my family to also use. A MAC membership provides exclusive stadium access, where you can even workout. The guy from Membership who took me around the clubhouse said they would be having some better deals in March. If location wasn't an issue I'd pick Royal Oaks. I have friends who are members at the clubs you listed. The golf course is both challenging and incredibly enjoyable. What is your family situation and what type of community are you looking for? The practice area is one of the best in the area. Thanks for the comments, everyone; keep 'em coming. They have a great and active junior golf program, and just built a "junior clubhouse" with foosball and other games. Definatly pushed me over the edge as to wanting to be a member at a club. A post shared by Multnomah Athletic Club (@multnomahathleticclub). The deciding factor turned out to be amenities and the junior golf program. Rankings. The latter closes the deal for many peopletheres nothing quite like your own nightcap vessels to create a home away from home. Edward Jones. [quote name='oregongolf' timestamp='1394045654' post='8804307'] While the balls are reduced distance, the feel is the same, and they seem to fly true. ENTER NOW! There are no formal tee times, as most members just arrange their games on the practice tee. It was the best deal, for me. Bring your A game. We were instructed that we'd be able to tee off . It was pretty wet and muddy on Monday in the Pro-Am. The Clubs Board and Committee system, run by Members, are vigilant about maintaining a healthy balance of exclusive access, financial efficiency, and long term vibrancy. I'm glad you were able to play although it was surprising they put you out on a Monday. The current fund balance is $965,000. Any comments, positive or negative, about the golf courses, costs, service, amenities, etc. The course is nice and in good shape, but could play drier and could stand to lose a few trees in some spots to help the turf. I found the layout to be very uninteresting and the membership not very inviting. I lived in West Linn when I originally joined. I will admit, the ambience and family amenities are really nice. Everything seems pretty expensive and not sure if it is worth it. Great information on here so far. portland golf club membership cost. Strictly golf something I definitely appreciate. At The Oregon Golf Club, we know that outstanding privileges and amenities are just as important as the intangible benefits that come with private club membership - a sense of community, camaraderie and belonging. [/quote] Like-minded individuals who really care about being active and having fun. Thanks a bunch again for your opinions. D | SIM2 9.0 - AD-TP7 (TX)3 |SIM2 - 15* - AD-DI7 (X), U | Srixon ZX - 18* - Modus 3 Hybrid (X)I | Callaway Apex TCB 4-PW - Nippon Tour Proto (X)W|Vokey SM8 - 50F/54M/58T - TT DG TI (S400)P| Amateur Hour Putterworks Custom. Are they 100% worth every single penny? I've heard nothing but good things from people about him. The thought of playing at either of these places was very nice. The MAC is the largest indoor athletic club in the entire world. 5. Food and beverage service goes to the pool. Golf We pride ourselves on making your golf experience superior. A pool is nice, but to me seems entirely unnecessary here in Oregon (maybe Medford is an exception or something). Golf courses of a decent standard can cost millions of dollars per year to run, hence why memberships can be expensive. I've played almost entirely with randoms, and have not played with a group that hasn't been extremely welcoming, helpful, and friendly. Looking forward to it. Hard to beat a beverage on a summer night on their patio, overlooking the course and the sunset. Our Membership Advisor will get in touch for a discreet conversation within one business day. 15800 NW Country Club Dr Portland, OR 503-690-4589. No one from Membership was around at CE, but the Asst Pro talked with me for a while and pointed out the practice facilities and they are quite spectacular. A pristine, exclusive golf course located right in the heart of southwest Portland, this is the golf club to which Portlanders grow uphoping to belong.Thick, luscious fairways that could pass for greens at many private clubs lead to challenging set ups throughout the course.A real test for any golfer. Well I played WVCC on Monday. If you want more info, send me a PM and I'd be happy to chat. Its 600,000 square feet of pure awesomeness. Annual Dues. They have a wait list for new members, but if you love golf and you work or live anywhere downtown, the Pearl District, NIke, Tektronix or Intel, this is the only place to consider. I'm ok with a waiting list and a higher price point as long as it's the right club. - Royal Oaks (location/traffic) They all have a strong network of reciprocals too. Good luck and have fun shopping! We were highly impressed. My 2 cents speaking to the courses I know better: Monthly Fees. The only club pool I've seen busy often is probably at Illahe Hills in Salem. It's a really good deal, and I definitely got my money's worth. 241 Adelaide Street, Brisbane QLD 4000 +61 7 3222 8700 [email protected] A post shared by University Club of Portland (@uclubpdx). Again thanks for the insight. only 20 mins from my house and not much traffic. Looped today for a weekly home course playing partner playing in a state golf tournament here. All of these courses are not fancy, have ups and downs in condition, and can be slow at peak times. quiet country course cons - no pool) Portland is a city with tons of hidden haunts to explore, and Portlands best membership clubs are a great place to start. Yeah I think like a lot of others have said you either really like OGC or you don't. [/quote] If you want to be a Sherwood Country Club or Bel-Air Country Club member, be prepared to pay around $155,000 to join. Any place I'm missing? I love the course! RedTail Golf Club. walking and pull carts allowed, men's or women's locker, club charge privileges and golf club storage in Pro Shop. The average cost will be between $1,000 to $5,000 + per year. 503-285-3676 Ext. When you spend time at the University Club, you get to network with people and enjoy the clubs different banquet rooms where youll taste some of the best food in the city.