I also developed cherry angiomas across my torso. Petechiae, yay | Anxiety Community Forum Welcome to the Anxiety Community Forum, a friendly space for discussion, help and support with mental health That, too, is helpful information. Read our editorial policy. They also tested for the genetic marker of ankylosing spondylitis and I had it. In December I broke out with hundreds of petechiae all over my tummy and chest. Blood work came out good. Doc had no explanation. Frustrating. They I'll have to bring it up to my doctor; thanks for pointing it out. When they do occur, they may include: Make an appointment with your doctor if you or your child develops warning signs that worry you. 7. Since you had bloodwork done last time, there is I have similar spots as well. Last reviewed by a Cleveland Clinic medical professional on 10/20/2022. And how many of those diagnoses were correct? Additionally, considering the fact no entity has found a CAUSE for ME, much less a cure (with very good theories out there, & good results from some trmts), this site helps empower us all with our own "anecdotal" evidence. This approach may involve changing your medications. Causes of Petechiae in babies: I have another question now. I get these too and thought is was just broken blood vessels! If my platelets are too low- & they are- & others' are too, it's sound information. I found multiple petechiae tracks in lines like this on my arm just now and remembered that earlier at the doctor the blood pressure cuff squeezed my arm there way tighter than I was used to. Often times they turn into cherry angiomas or brown spots. I am on Prozac(12 years, currently weaning off)and this is the only probable explanation that I have come up with for my symptoms. I wish it didn't allow you to look up anything medical.. oh how free would a lot of us be. OK so let's connect some dots. I'm 39 and my doc said it's a side effect of blood thinners and that's what aspirin is. At the time I was taking asp Did your ever go away. I have hundreds So if they won't maybe it's something else and not side effect of medicine. Got em again last night. By You notice changes in your body that could be thrombocytopenia symptoms, such as new bruises and unusual bleeding. WebHi, I am new in this forum .. and very freaked out .3 years ago, in May 2005, I woke up in the middle of the night as I couldn't breathe. Been to multiple docs no one can figure it out. Didn't find the answer you were looking for? 1998-2023 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). Blood work came out good. Thrombocytopenia levels are: Some people with mild cases of thrombocytopenia dont have symptoms. Children may develop ITP after a viral infection and usually recover fully without treatment. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/immune-thrombocytopenia. overcoming anxiety feels nearly impossible sometimes. Other treatments include: The most important thing is to understand if you have medical conditions or take medication that increases your risk of developing thrombocytopenia. A good forum will offer a supportive community with active members who are quick to respond in an empathetic manner. Years ago I checked it in the animals. At the time I was taking aspirin everyday due to dental issues. Yes, I have these. Awee I'm sorry that it is the cause of your anxiety. Web1. Dr. Hushang Haghighat answered. Petechiae & leukemia?! Interestingly, I also ave chronic microscopic hematuria (blood in urine) and have had tests, but is probably there due to something similar to the petechiae. It was several years ago and was prescription. Theyll check for bruises, rashes and other thrombocytopenia symptoms. The rashes resemble patches of pinpoint red or purple spots, known as petechiae. Now I just let them fade on their own but I have a spot on my right leg from last fall that is not fading. I went to see the neurologist and did numerous test. Petechiae may look like a rash and usually appear in clusters. I, too, can get something like this if I scratch too hard (neck, earlobes, etc.) I just constantly look for the dang things, on legs cause of past break outs and of course I Google everything and main reason for them it says leukemia so constant anxiety. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. He suggested a good moisturizer and a good diet. rabbit sneeze attack; liberty finance He said unless my SI joints are fused, I do not currently present any signs of AS and that the other symptoms I've had are not that common in AS. Have questions about navigating your Inspire support community or need assistance from one of our Inspire Moderators? If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. OkayI just broke out in a new wave of these this evening, all over one of my hands and that forearm. Often, healthcare providers can improve platelet counts by treating the underlying cause. WebPetechiae and Palpitations causing me stress As the title says, for the past year I have been getting petechiae and heart palpitations after i got strep throat. A lot of people have them, pretty sure it's genetics. Thank you so much for the helpful reply. Uncategorized. Bottom line once your healthcare provider finds out why your platelet levels are low, theyll take steps to help you. Capillary bleeding in babies can occur due to many reasons, including (2): Coughing bouts. Evaluation: trauma usually produce bruises ,so for petechiae, baby need to have You must log in or register to reply here. ); the bloodwork came back fine. He didn't have to crawl to the bathroom. Could the fact that I did not have the CBC until the spots were fading make a difference? About 5% of people who are pregnant develop mild thrombocytopenia just before giving birth. However, that information will still be included in details such as numbers of replies. And of course if you Google them it's always cancer!! Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 21, 2019. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. Has anyone ever had petechiae after a sunburn like when you start feeling? Im going through the EXACT same thing but singular ones just showing up where ever they please for 3 months now. Do you always have some though on your legs? Mayo Clinic does not endorse companies or products. I battle majority with health anxiety. Display as a link instead, A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. The only one in charge of my medical care now is me. Registered in England and Wales. Purpura and petechiae. Theyll ask about your medical history, including any medications you take. I think it's Petechiae - Petechiae are pinpoint, round spots that appear on the skin as a result of bleeding under the skin. Your link has been automatically embedded. Sounds normal to me. Should I watch for signs of complications? I am not as flexible as when I was a teenager, but I can still do stuff any normal almost 30-year old should not do without a lot of practice. - BOTH rheumatologist noted my hyper-mobility. Aplastic anemia occurs when the bodys bone marrow doesnt make enough new blood cells. One of the most serious side effects of proton pump inhibitors (PPI) is C. difficile diarrhea. It sounds like the ones on your legs went away when your anxiety subsided, so it could be a skin problem related to that? I hate looking at my inner arms and seeing more and more. I was one of the lucky ones for whom that worked. People may have thrombocytopenia and not realize it because their symptoms are so mild. I eventually convinced myself though that it was because I had been wearing tight jeans for a few days, and my anxiety subsided, especially after they disappeared a couple of days later. More serious common causes include liver disease such I also get them if I scratch my skin too hard. Find other members in this community to connect with. @bread how are you doing? The nurse practitioner looked at them, agreed they might be petechiae, but that they did not look concerning to her. And Ive taken a closer look at my body and i have these tiny tiny ones spread out on my arms, much smaller than the ones on my thighs, i had to look really closely to spot them. I don't know. I also recall for a time I was afraid of sneezing, because when I did, not only was it painful but I occasionally experienced my SI joints popping. They can come up for various reasons. How many times have folks on the forum diagnosed themselves with a deadly disease because of google? I have battling depression & anxiety for many years. They seem to always fade within a few days. Same as ever, still get patches occasionally but I've never had any blood test results that suggest anything wrong when I get yearly blood tests done or stuff like that. I just wish they were normal and I'm just over reacting . Petechiae- very worried. My dad can, or at least used to be able to, do the thumb to wrist trick. Been here since December so I have no hope of them going away. youre not alone. WebThey're small and hardly noticeable but there are around 20 on each arm (only upper arm). I'd get petechiae checked out. Take over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen ( Advil, Motrin) or acetaminophen ( Tylenol ). Drink extra fluids to prevent dehydration. To prevent petechiae, you need to avoid the conditions that can cause them. But you cant prevent all of the possible underlying causes of petechiae. - I believe I bruise easily, and have two scars on my hand from a cat bite & a scar on my knee. WebBruising in dogs is never normal, and signs of pinpoint bruises (called petechiae) or larger bruises (ecchymosis) warrant an immediate trip to your veterinarian. You may opt-out of email communications at any time by clicking on In adults, the disorder is often long term. I'm frustrated that for 10 years I've thought I've had something when it could be something else entirely; especially since the doctor that diagnosed me brushed off my confusion in symptoms and noted the hyper-mobility and nothing more. Its most likely just pressure on your body for long periods of time, I dont think its anything to stress over too much. I had explained this to my first rheumatologist but he'd brushed it off. The doctor and nurse practitioner both showed NO concern about the previous spots, but I'm very worried. Petechiae commonly appear on the lower legs, but may be distributed all over the body. That did not sound like arthritis. Resurrecting this thread because I have tons of new little petechiae blood pinpricks appearing on my inner arms. Rash and dark colored urine. I know how you feel, have u ever noticed any on your legs? And this thread. Have you had a blood test done to rule out anything? There is another thread on the forum about petechiae and they mentioned sunburn assomething that can cause it. In most children with ITP, the disorder follows a viral illness, such as the mumps or the flu. They rang the proverbial bell. Anxiety every day and when its over I cry uncontrollably. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2019. Please register to post and use the extra features available to members. Recently I was on Dexamethasone (steroidal anti-inflammatory) after wisdom tooth removal and WOW. If you have thrombocytopenia, ask your healthcare provider what caused the issue and what treatment or lifestyle changes they recommend. - The last few years I've have petechiae (red blood spots) appear on my temple (one on each side; like a mirror image hidden by my hair for the most part thank god! i went to my doctor who did a cbc and said the blood was perfect all my levels and such where as he said fantastic i showed him some of the spots and he kind of had a smerk and said he couldnt answer my question but it was probably a skin issue and not domething caused by an internal problem , i told him they dont go away and he said again its nothing serious from what he can see. I'm having the same exact issue as you for 6 months now with no explanation! Just slept funny. Pasted as rich text. Anyone figure out what caused the onslaught? We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. I'll occasionally worry about stuff that otherwise never bothers me. Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth and Nails, we pay way too much attention to any detail in our bodies. ), chest (two) and a few other areas on my body. Ive googled and Im freaking out . B12/Folate deficiency is one of them. You can post now and register later. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. - I do vaguely wonder about IBS symptoms, but it's nothing major. Your healthcare provider can explain whats causing the low platelet count and discuss treatment options. engrosamiento mucoso etmoidal. People with this condition may bleed a lot and the bleeding may be hard to stop. I always get this, especially on my arm, where the strap to my purse or filled canvas grocery bag is resting on. Im finding yo comment now because I have the exact things you describe. I have had chronic sinus/digestive problems and I also have extensive petechiae(mainly limbs tho' slightly fewer/larger on trunk). So if someone wants to post about little red spots or strange beings seeming to land on one's rooftop at midnight, I say all power to us. I Bruises: Bruises happen when blood pools under your skin. Is there any hope? When I was thin, I would also get them on various parts of me if I slept on the floor. JavaScript is disabled. I personally would not be too concerned as this is a symptom we have seen regularly with him for the past 7 years. Your link has been automatically embedded. Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) in adults: Second-line and subsequent therapies. *sigh*, OkayI just broke out in a new wave of these this evening, all over one of my hands and that forearm. I had low platelets and couldn't keep them abouve the teens unless I took large doses of prednisone. Copyright Anxiety Central 2011-2019 When the doctor called with the results her exact words were, "Your counts are normal, you definitely do not have cancer." If your symptoms are more severe, treatment may include medications to boost your platelet count or surgery to remove your spleen. Immune thrombocytopenia (ITP) is a disorder that can lead to easy or excessive bruising and bleeding. The Best IOL for 2022 RXSight Light Adjusted Lens, Will refractive surgery such as LASIK keep me out of glasses all my life. B12/Folate deficiency is one of them. I took care of a man with AIDS to his death. Several instances of vomiting. If you have thrombocytopenia, here are some suggested ways to take care of yourself: Thrombocytopenia symptoms can develop very quickly or over time. If you have this condition, its important to understand why you have low platelet levels. The bleeding causes the petechiae to appear Patient does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Went for a blood test and it came back normal. I no how you feel, have you ever noticed any on your legs? Today I saw a new rheumatologist for the first time in 10 years. Hey, do you still have the petechiae? The rashes resemble patches of pinpoint red or purple spots, known as petechiae. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Its ruined my life. The rheumatologist told me that's what I had and once my first flare up was under control I never went back. as being in breach of those terms. Inner arms and top of legs close to wear leg attaches to the hip/groin/torso (?). Ive had it too. Petechiae is associated with thrombocytopenia. Straining One of the more basic reasons you will have petechiae appear on your skin is due to straining. Any connection to that with you? If your provider recommends treatment, you may need ongoing treatment to maintain a normal platelet level. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. For those who don't know, petechiae are dots of blood which appear under the skin; they often appear with and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified I think you'll be just fine. Anyone else experience this? I have them scattered on my arms and I'm worried.. People tell me I'm overreacting They're small and hardly noticeable but there are around 20 on each arm (only upper arm). And it bugged me for a couple of days. Persistent worry thats difficult to control. Could they somehow be stress related? Today I read someone's words about Sjogrens. In time, myelodysplastic syndromes might cause: Fatigue Shortness of breath Unusual paleness (pallor), which occurs due to a low red blood cell count (anemia) Welcome to a place for everyone who identifies with having health anxiety, is an ally of someone with health anxiety, or just wants to learn more about our growing community. Check out these best-sellers and special offers on books and newsletters from Mayo Clinic Press. Difficulty concentrating. They may do tests including: You might not need treatment if a low platelet count isnt causing significant issues. https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/anxiety-disorders-70, New guy heresharing my debilitating anxiety story, Mirtazapine increasing from 15 mg to 30 mg, Fleuxotine 20mg. Sorry, I wish I had an answer. They scare me every time I see them, I always tell my self I'm not gonna look anymore but then some caught my eye an For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. - Teeth have always been hugely crowded, as I have a small mouth. I think it is an EDS/weak capillaries problem, along with the horrible bruising for no reason on my legs. Pasted as rich text. We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are The general aching in your bones and muscles could well be associated with For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Accessed Feb. 21, 2019. Difficulty in breathing Fever, without apparent cause, coldness in the legs, feet, and hands. petechiae anxiety forum. Don't know what to do about it. 15. Neither are good and leave the mind to wander. Hopefully you're right. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Dont let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Oh waiting for the day lol. The bleeding results from unusually low levels of platelets the cells that help blood clot. Some symptoms: I no how you feel, have you ever noticed any on your legs? There are multiple causes for thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, etc. People just thought I'd had a crazy growth spurt but most kids are growing fast and don't get stretch marks. (Thinking about volleyball, I only ever played that once, and as I dislocated my thumb doing it and my psycho gym teacher was completely grossed out by the sight of me popping it back in, I never had to play again, for which I was *extremely* glad - it was waaaaaay too painful for me.). I also have dermographism. I only mention it as it might be worth keeping an eye on whether you get red blotching (without the petechiae) at other times, and if you take antihistamines at all, whether they respond to them. By kp27. After that the major break outs would come on and off every few years usually around April for some reason I'm 32 now and there are always some on my legs and thighs. Get useful, helpful and relevant health + wellness information, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44195 |, Important Updates + Notice of Vendor Data Event, (https://www.aafp.org/pubs/afp/issues/2012/0315/p612.html), (https://www.cancer.net/coping-with-cancer/physical-emotional-and-social-effects-cancer/managing-physical-side-effects/low-platelet-count-or-thrombocytopenia), (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK542208/), (https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/blood-disorders/platelet-disorders/overview-of-thrombocytopenia), (https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/thrombocytopenia), Visitation, mask requirements and COVID-19 information, Bone Marrow Failure and Cytopenias Treatment. Accessed March 12, 2019. - I have had stretch marks since I was 10. Our clinical information meets the standards set by the NHS in their Standard for Creating Health Content guidance. Instantaneously, just like that from a sneeze. From the very beginning I was confused over my arthritis diagnosis. 2 Petechial rashes on children usually require examination by a doctor to diagnose Please help. The palpitations happen whenever, when i sit up in bed or stand up, when i laugh to hard or just now when i was bring groceries in i could feel it pulsing in my neck. my health anxiety has kicked in since quarantine and ive messaged my GP multiple times about the spots. I'm worried (as usual), and I have made a doctors appointment about it. The color varies from red to blue or purple as they age and gradually disappear. WebPetechiae are flat and look like pinpoint-sized red, brown, or purple dots. Does anyone know what else could cause a few petechaie with normal bloodwork? Immune Thrombocytopenia Pupura. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I found this very interesting. https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/hematology-and-oncology/thrombocytopenia-and-platelet-dysfunction/immune-thrombocytopenia-itp?query=immune%20thrombocytopenia. Superficial bleeding into the skin that appears as pinpoint-sized reddish-purple spots (petechiae) that look like a rash, usually on the lower legs. Today I read someone's words about Sjogrens. WebCan petechiae be caused by stress? Some things that don't add up, however: I just want them to go and they wont. Irritability. When I'm out in the sun they are very noticeable. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2019. https://www.clinicalkey.com. I'm 39 and my doc said it's a side effect of blood thinners and that's what aspirin is. Good day my friends, I awoke this morning (great news) and noted that I had Petechiae across my lower abdomen. I'll be going in for a blood test and x-rays but I won't know anything more for 3 months. There is another thread on the forum about petechiae and they mentioned sunburn as something that can cause it. WebThank you for this post. All rights reserved. People with severe thrombocytopenia may have an increased risk of developing the following conditions: A normal platelet count or level in adults ranges from 150,000 to 450,000 platelets per microliter of blood. Thousands collectively. WebPetechiae are tiny spots of bleeding under the skin. Usually on my upper thighs. Are there any treatment risks or side effects? Im sure Im forgetting something, as forgetfulness is another complaint. | Anxiety Community Forum Welcome to the Anxiety Community Forum, a friendly space for discussion, help and support with mental health issues. Anyone figure out what caused the onslaught? Cognitive dysfunction, terrible muscle aches, extreme fatigue, awful sweats, joint pain and locking joints, two bouts with vertigo, insomnia, increased urination, dry skin, lack of sex drive (which has come back recently but was gone for half a year), headaches, etc. A friend with ME/CFS also had a lot of angiomas. They did x-rays and a MRI scan and bloodwork. Like, ALL over it. Petechiae People with myelodysplastic syndromes might not experience signs and symptoms at first. Im sure youre fine. A quick google search was all I needed for the anxiety to set in. red devils mc ontario. Ferri FF. Vous tes ici : Accueil. Immune thrombocytopenic purpura. Upgrade to Patient Pro Medical Professional? Hi mamas. What type of ointment was it you got do you remember, What kind of ointment I'd also like to know so maybe I could try it. Find out what can trigger a panic attack and what to do if you have one. Tourniquet pressure such as from wearing a diaper or baby sling. Since then I've suffered on and off with lesser pain in the SI joint (sometimes I do hobble around, for the first few years this was a more common issue), hips, spine, rib cage, and recently the right side of my breast bone becomes slightly to severely painful from time to time. I'm worried (as usual), and I have made a doctors appointment about it. WebPetechiae: This symptom appears as tiny red or purple dots on your lower legs that resemble a rash. However, common causes include injury to the skin or repeated coughing. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. George JN, et al. It's kind of an allergic reaction to sunlight. Webpetechiae anxiety forum. And I believed it..sad but true..scary what Google can do to you. Hey, Bread. WebDefinitions. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek Platelets are blood cells that form blood clots to help stop bleeding. In this thread, people posted they don't have them, or they do & increased at CFS onset, or right before. Thrombocytopenia often affects people with certain medical conditions, like autoimmune disease or who take certain medications. Make a donation. I remember it once quite vividly; despite the initial sever pain of the shifting painful sensation I was sort of happy since I was able to use a leg I hadn't been able to use well in a while - the other leg was in pain instead. I had Lyme at 16 and have had these spots come and go ever since blood work comes back fine every few yrs I have a major break out from head to toe, but any other day I have a few on legs feet and upper body. There is a problem with Frankly I would never want to experience anything higher because that was fully debilitating and I was screaming and hyperventilating in pain daily for two months. You are ok. You can post now and register later. I'm covered in them from head to toe, esp. Less than 0.1% probably. My ob doctor didnt seem too concerned. if so it could just be your skin is sensitive and even rubbing against fabric or sweating could trigger them (im not a doctor but thats what Ive been told). My EEG was normal, and they found a You need to see a doctor urgently because there may be a serious cause that needs urgent treatment, such as meningococcal infection. Illness Anxiety & Hypochondriasis) in its many forms in our own societal realms. I remember getting petechiae all over my forearms from playing volleyball in gym class. This content does not have an English version. The only one in charge of my medical care now is me. LOL! Amoxicillin is know to cause them also anti depressants will too that's what I was told how long you been on antibiotics It was explained to us that this is part of EDS- fragile skin, capillaries etc. We coalesce here to reclaim control of our lives through: education, sharing experiences, sharing management techniques, sharing resources, exposing stigma & norms, and advancing the discussion & awareness around Health Anxiety (a.k.a. Following a complete lack of sensible diagnosis for the cause of either, I worked out that they were symptoms of over-exertion for me. We're the ones invested in causes and cures. Thrombocytopenia (pronounced THROM-bo-sigh-toe-PEE-ne-ah) occurs when your bone marrow doesnt make enough platelets. The publication StatPearls says that petechiae spots measure no larger than 2 or 3 mm across. I was confused when I woke up, and I had petechiae around my eyes. ITP is more common among young women. I never know when something's significant or if I'm just noticing things too closely. Once both my legs were covered with them after I stood for a few hours in mildly abrasive pants. You'll soon start receiving the latest Mayo Clinic health information you requested in your inbox. Beitrags-Autor: Beitrag verffentlicht: 14. So, my best guess is that petechiae may be associated with B12/folate deficiency, since it has helped in my case. Like, ALL over it. Petechiae - Health Anxiety - Anxiety Central Forums & Chat Room Home Anxiety Disorders Forum Health Anxiety Petechiae Sign in to follow this Followers 1 WebPetechiae. My doctor prescribed me Escitilopram 10mg and Buspirone 7.5mg and I'm scared. Accessed Feb. 21, 2019. Should I be worried, and has anybody else experienced this? other information we have about you. Hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS), a group of blood disorders Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), an immune disorder that affects blood clotting Thrombocytopenia, low levels of platelets that help your blood clot A lack of vitamin C (scurvy) or vitamin K in your diet can also lead to petechiae. Policy. October 2012 #1. Nickdon321, May 12, 2019 in Health Anxiety. If you don't have signs of bleeding and your platelet count isn't too low, you may not need any treatment. I looked like raw bacon after.) "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.org," "Mayo Clinic Healthy Living," and the triple-shield Mayo Clinic logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Coming to a Cleveland Clinic location?Hillcrest Cancer Center check-in changesCole Eye entrance closingVisitation, mask requirements and COVID-19 information, Notice of Intelligent Business Solutions data eventLearn more. When I was googling it petechiae is super common with sunburns. So got a sunburn on shoulders and stomach a couple weeks ago, after a week I started to peel and get petechiae on stomach and shoulders there still coming and going it's been 3 weeks. Thank God for another member who posted on another support group board recently, or I still wouldnt know! I wish the lab would call me back so I could schedule the damn blood work but no luck. I know how you feel, have u ever noticed any on your legs? I think that since we are sick we pay way too much attention to any detail in our bodies, things that usually passed unnoticed in healthy people, but they sure have it too. It really had my arm in a vice grip. This is really freaking me out.