Can someone tell me how to get to Malvern (or to Gutters) from Runaway Bay (or Ocho Rios)? Total Price: J$120 (~US$1) Old country charm. 11 When should you not go to St. Lucia? The taximeter willl combine fractional measures of distance and time in accruing a unit of fare. This price estimate for taxi is given for information and has been calculated in relation to rates of the state in 2023 year and depending on the items you have provided. A private taxi will be anywhere from $60 to $80 each way. Yes, it can be. If you can help me out with any places spots or even advice, I would appreciate it so much. I dont mind to take route-taxis/bus instead. Thank you so much guys for making our holiday in Jamaica an even better one. First Id like to thanks for all the posts from Jamaica, very very helpfull, i just read them all! All Mini Bus to Black River Treasure Beach. All Rights Reserved. From the airport, the best thing to do is take the 98 bus from the airport to downtown (parade) rather than a route taxis. Yes you are correct about getting to Boston Bay from PA. Do you mean the ATM fee? warranties are hereby disclaimed and TaxiFareFinder denies any and all liability for a user's reliance Tip: Another way to get a rough estimate of how much your taxi would be is to check the fare estimate on the Uber website. Ive been trying to plan a trip to Jamaica for my birthday in December but I have no idea where to start. It should cost around $1US. Off-airport rental car locations in Jamaica are around 37% cheaper than airport locations on average Economy rental cars in Jamaica are around 0% cheaper than other car types, on average FAQs about renting a car in Jamaica How much does it cost to rent a car in Jamaica? Oh how I wish all travel sites, blogs whatever could be this easy, straightforward and user-friendly to navigate. Thanks! A globe bearing the word "Taxi" on the top of the vehicle. According to the locals its the best food place to eat in the lot. If their prices seem outrageous compared to the prices on this list, bargain with them and come to an agreeable amount. One of the best ways to get around Jamaica (JA) is by route taxis and I spit venom on the people who claim that they are unsafe. They cannot be pre-booked over the phone. If you feel you have been overcharged file a complaint with 311. This taxi price can vary from $1-$4. Safe travels everyone and enjoy Jamaica ;). After all, its not the destination that matters but the journey! Hello! If you take them in the bus and it keeps a seat (or 2, 3) occupied, youll have to pay the normal price for every seat you use. Useful information about taxi services in Seattle. They are the cheapest and fastest way to get from place to place, and always one just around the corner. They operate just like regular taxis only difference is that they are shared. From there you can tell your driver to drop you off where you can catch a route taxi or van to Lucea for J$225. Enjoy JA. For more details on routes from Savanna-La Mar read the section below. This option is the cheapest but also has the longest wait time, as the buses do not run very frequently. Hello I have another question I was wondering when traveling on a route taxi where should we put our packsac? # of Route Taxis:3 Take a route taxi to Black River for about 30mins (J$250). Going to Jamaica for the first time? Operating fee In your city, a flat fee might be added to each trip. Glad to hear your trip went well! Or it is better to arrange some other transportation? They didnt provide what they promised and as an excuse we got words and 2 X-mas chocolates. As for the Blue mountains you can get your hiking fix there. Jamaica has lots of banks in the big cities. For best price on your travel date for various car rental options, please enter trip details and check. You can catch the taxi from the Texaco gas station in town! What do you think, how to the best way to get to TREASURE BEACH from PORTO ANTONIO. Uber service that you choose. Plus what is JA without route taxis! Nice experience! Some people put it in the trunk and the driver lost it.. Hey Eric, are you referring to a daypack or your main backpack? Black River to Santa Cruz is a 45min - 1 hour ride and costs J$220. WARNING: Your browser appears to have JavaScript disabled. 1) Puala Tioman (approx 800miles south of Vietnam) If you take a route taxis after dark they will sometimes charge more! Popular Taxi Fare Estimates for New York, NY. JFK Airport Taxi Fare. Important: real-time prices for Uber, Lyft etc. Thanks again, Hi guys, :) 1 Bag of Cement - JMD 760.00 (Now JMD 1170.00) 6 inch blocks - JMD 74.00 (Now JMD 112.00) 8 inch blocks - JMD 100.00 (Now JMD 153.00) 10 inch blocks - not available. I am your faithful follower from this moment on! Tell the driver to let you out near the route taxis heading to Santa Cruz. Where I should go first to waste as few time as possible ? Thank you pretty!! I would just stick to one or two places so you can really enjoy the place and not come back from vacation all burnt out. Desperately need help :D thanks. Taxi prices Port-au-Prince ~365.67 mi. We are staying in a resort however, do you have any idea about tipping in US$,for a sun bed each day, the maid, waitress etc. 8. I hope I was able to help. You can read more about it on our Discover the Real Jamaica Page. Im flying in on September 9th into Mobay. I need to test them for my blog. - Please leave your comments, feedback, and questions below. We fly into Kingston. The bus port is to the right, after the gas station. Get more travel inspiration, tips and exclusive offers sent straight to your inbox. Just know if you go that route they will give you a bad exchange rate. From there you can either get off and walk to the bus port (5 minutes walk great opportunity to stock up on fruits and snacks for the journey ahead or get money from the ATM for Treasure beach as there are no ATMs in town) or catch a cab and pay an additional fee, J$120. JUTA Taxi Phone: (876) 952-0813 80 Claude Clarke Avenue Montego Bay, St. James. 1- Are these the current or old prices of route taxis? Hey Drew, yes there is usually a hub area or bus terminal to get route taxis otherwise you can just flag them down on the road. Update the estimate to see the real-time airport transfer fare to LaGuardia Airport from Jamaica . The route taxis all leave from the Texaco gas station in the city center. So Im assuming route taxis are a shared form of transportation from point A to point B? We got Ackee & Salfish there for J$250. Enjoy JA :). From Mavis Bank you can do one of two things, hike up to the trail entrance or take a 44. In a taxi (car) its ALWAYS free when the suitcases are in the trunk or in the back-area, where (normally) nobody sits. How much? # of Route Taxis: 1. Couple of questions: 1. Enjoy JA. We just stood at side of the road for a little bit until one of them passed by. When you exit the airport, make a right heading towards the domestic terminal building (this is also the same direction you would go if you want to catch the bus, a big-yellow-grey-hound looking-bus with a Jamaican flag in front. If you have the money and want more privacy you can hire a private taxis to take you around the island but keep in mind that they cost significantly more than the regular route taxis. I recommend you talk to your bank and ask them if they have a partnership with a Jamaican bank so you are not charged an ATM fee. Also keep in mind that the smaller your backpack, the easier your life is going to be. A stage is approximately 0-4/5 miles. Jamaican food is famous for its tasty, spicy flavors so you will be in for a culinary treat. The Knutsford Express offers daily scheduled service to all the island's resort areas. Reminds us very much of our time travelling in Africa. From Santa Cruz take a bus (bigger than the minibuses) heading to Kingston. Taxi with packages Jamaica - Taxi and rates in two clicks Your taxi and its tariffs in Jamaica (tariffs 2023) in two clicks thanks to the map of USA. Yes the route taxis also go clockwise and getting from Ocho to Porty shouldnt be a problem at all. sorry for the late reply. Take a route taxi from your hotel to the city center for J$130 (~US$1). I know many forums suggest taking private (chartered) taxis, but thats boring and expensive (US$25 200+ depending on location). How to estimate the price of a taxi ride in Jamaica ? Lets say you want to get from your hotel to the city center (Kingston for example) and the ride is 5km. 17.68 miles (28.45 km) with 33 min travel time. are based on the published rates provided by the respective municipalities for travel within city Taxi prices Ocho Rios ~53.48 mi. 8 What days are best to rent a car? Just one information: for the minibus we had to pay one seat for our backpacks, but its really inexpensive so its fine. Persons who own motor cars with a cc rating exceeding 1199, but not exceeding 2999cc, will now pay J$12,600 to licence their vehicles, up from J$10,500. Many parameters are not taken into account by this estimate: Price Depend on hour of the ride, road traffic is more or less dense which can affect the price of the race. I wanted to know if there are some route taxis close to this resort to reach Ras Rodys, Just Natural and 3 Dives restaurants. Distance between Jamaica Station and LaGuardia Airport is approx. Rate for each additional km (Rate per km): $5.50 . Hi, How often do route taxis run from Kingston to Port Antonio? Ill be staying in an Airbnb in Ochos Rios. - For destinations that are not listed here, make sure to ask a local how much the fare is to get to your destination and then approach a route taxi. Do you know the best way to get from Kingston to Negril? The starting price of a taxi in Jamaica is 400 JMD . Time: 20-30mins We have been to Jamaica 3 years in a row now and rented a car (expensive!). How much does a taxi cost? Taxis- Taxis rates in Puerto Rico come in two categories: Choose between touristic cabs, with their affordable rates based on the amount of luggage and destination; or opt for regular cabs that charge by the meter. Please reply, as it is coming up at end of week. Route taxis are the main mode of public transportation in Jamaica. Time: 10 15 mins. Route taxis are cheap and chaotic but you can go around the whole island in them. Let us know below. And yes, you can get to all of these places by route taxis. Again, prices in touristy areas are jacked up by at least 30 40%. They are very friendly in Porty ! The bus wont depart until its full but it usually doesnt take very long. We unfortunately dont know how to get to Malvern from Runaway Bay, you might have to ask locals how to get there, as that is how we figured out how to get to most places in JA via route taxis. If he quotes you more than J$100, bargain down to J$100 and if he doesnt budge go to the next driver. Do you know where in Negril one should go to get a route taxi to St. Annes or Ocho Rios? Stay Safe The actual numbers for your taxi rates and fares in Montego Bay, Jamaica may vary. Route taxi can be cars, vans or mini-buses. The price for a 44 is about US$45 50 and can usually be arranged through your hotel in the Blue Mountains. I hope their immigration applications are accepted sooner than later (fingers crossed). As you can see, your Jamaica accommodations cost can vary greatly, but in general, for a 5-night trip it could range between $1200- $3,500 (or more if you want to splurge). 2. So we decided to take a small economical holiday to Jamaica this coming December/November. There are multiple ways to get to the Blue Mountains however no matter which way you go, you have to catch a route taxi from Kingston to Papine (J$150, 45mins) first. So no matter your travel style youll be sure to find the perfect place to stay. # of Route Taxis: Varies. Is it cheap to eat in Jamaica? If you have the opportunity, ask a local before you take a taxi. Continue with Recommended Cookies. From Mandeville to YS Falls how many route taxis does it take. Mi nah inna urry! ;-), Thanks for weighing in and sharing your experience, we appreciate :). Total Price: J$150 (~US$1.50) How much is a taxi from Kingston to Ocho Rios? Thanks! The journey isn't charged at a flat rate, but will cost approximately 68 and will take 25 minutes. Would route taxis take us somewhere and bring back? Total Price: J$100 (~US$0.80) We are arriving by cruise ship and we would like to take one to go to Rose Hall house and doctors cave. its beautiful. 9 How much does a car rental cost? Make sure you get an early start so you dont arrive to Treasure Beach at night! We are always researching the local taxi tariffs and taxes to give you up-to-date prices in real time. Get more travel inspiration, tips and exclusive offers sent straight to your inbox. I am visiting Jamaica soon and would like to get around without renting a car. Love your blog!. The ride I believe is about an hour and cost around 200 J$. ), Sugar Cane = J$50 for a small bag / J$100 for a large bag, Small bottle of water J$80 / 1.5 liter water bottle = J$120 / 5 liter water jug = J$315, Weed = J$50 small bag (2 joints) / J$100 large bag (4 joints). Gallon. (dont expect fancy style accommodations in the mtns. The fares 30 minutes. Hopefully, this will give you a general idea of what things cost in Jamaica and help you budget your next trip there. Planning a two week independent trip around Jamaica and would like to travel with route taxis. 7 Is it cheaper to rent a car for the week? My bestfriend and I are taking a trip this coming April and I was very exciting to read on here about the route taxis. Total Price: J$450 (~4USD) Route taxis are the way to go. Is healthcare expensive in Jamaica? Construction, traffic, weather, recent rate increases and other unforeseeable events may impact Took the Knutsford Express once in all those years. I will on Jamaica for few days and I need your help how to organize my trip! Black River to Santa Cruz is a 45min 1 hour ride and costs J$220. Are route taxis usually available from Ocho Rios hotel to Montego Bay airport? This will help me plan my budget, route and the time needed to complete journeys. As for the best way to get to Negril from Kingston, Knutsford Bus Company http://www.knutsfordexpress.com/ might be the easiest way as going via route taxis could be long and complicated. So I am interested in taking Route Taxi. We travel with a 40L backpack (carry-on size) which makes it easy to just hold on our laps vs a 60+L bag. Taking public transportation is terrifically inexpensive. From MBJ airport, I imagine there will be a few route taxis going to Ocho Rios. We loved it there. Some of the popular places are Ocho Rios, Black River, and Kingston. You have provided some really practical help and I will be travelling mainly by route taxi, supplemented by a couple of journeys on the Knutsford Express so I appreciate your post. I want to experience the real Jamaica and go out on the water! "Taxi Terminal" in Savannah-la-Mar Treasure Beach Kingston Total Price:J$1070 (~US$9) Time:4.5 hours. Taxi Fare Finder is a registered trademark of Unleashed, LLC. Sorry! It helps support operational, regulatory, and safety costs. - 60 seconds when not in motion or traveling at less than 12 miles/hour. Popular Taxi Fare Estimates for New York, NY Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to Times Square: $51.36 John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to Manhattan (Downtown): $63.60 LaGuardia Airport (LGA) to Times Square: $34.25 LaGuardia Airport (LGA) to Manhattan (Downtown): $37.35 From there you can catch another route taxi for J$100 for 15 mins to the entrance of the falls. Your information was precious, even if it from 2015. The fastest way to get from Kingston to Ocho Rios is to taxi which takes 1h 17m and costs $110 - $140. How long are you in JA for? Beer, rum, coffee and coconut water, no matter your taste, Jamaica has it all. You need at least 1 night in the Blue Mtns if you to do the sunrise hike or really enjoy this UNESCO site. 6.91 miles (11.12 km) with 13 min travel time.. Thanks, glad we can help! Once in Black river you will find several taxi going to TB for J$250. Are there any in the port area? How much is Vrindavan to Amritsar taxi fare? How are you loving JA so far ?? Taxi (metered) Go to Uniformed Taxi Dispatcher. IN the next day morning i would like to go to Caffe Plant and spend one day in this district. You could go from the airport to the RIU for between $20-$30. An entry level taxi driver (1-3 years of experience) earns an average salary of . We always get Jamaican dollars as you will always pay more if you pay with US dollars. But again this is a very ambitious itinerary. if you need the driver to wait for you this will cost 1450 JMD per hour . Its been great! Walk outside of the resort and get one. From there I could be picked up buy my host. Just ask anyone there and they will point you to the right car! Is it possible to take 2 big suitcases to route taxi? Will the route taxis be able to drop us off directly at our hotel in Ocho Rios? How do I order a taxi in Jamaica ? Your advice on getting around has been so damn helpful, particularly the route taxis. I dont think you need to book anything in advance. Getting a quote is now easier than ever; choose to go online, live chat, call our Customer Care Centre or visit one of our many branches or agents. Take a route taxi to Black River for about 30mins (J$250). Id like to know how can I catch your Route Taxis? We always take out local currency at the ATM as soon as we land at the airport. Hey Karen, thank you and glad we could help. Keep in mind that things in touristy areas (especially in Negril and Ocho Rios) tend to be more expensive than the prices listed here. Hello, We hold the biggest database of real-time taxi prices in the UK. The fare is J$230 per person and takes about 45 mins. How much is a taxi in Kingston, Jamaica? Here's how Uber calculates your fare: Your Ride Fare = Base Fare + (Cost per minute * time in ride) + (Cost per mile (or km) * ride distance) + Booking Fee Uber prices depend on the city and the Uber service you use The base fare, cost per minute, and cost per mile (or km) vary depending on: The city you're in. if you cant find a taxi or the price is too high you can always take a bus, rent a scooter, a bicycle or a car . If they dont budge, go to the next vendor. # of Route Taxis: 1. How much is a taxi in Jamaica ? What is the most beautiful tropical area in your opinion? We did the TB to Porty route and found it fairly easily and not stressful! I dont understand the point of travelling to another country if the only thing you do is hang out with other tourists from your home. Please note that below taxi rates and fares are estimates. What other ways are there to get around in Jamaica ? Once you are on the island, just stay away from smooth talking vendors who try to rip you off. Total Price: J$1070 (~US$9) The average taxi driver gross salary in Jamaica is $1,197,532 or an equivalent hourly rate of $576. To begin, enter your travel information in the fields below the map. Hope you fall in love with JA as much as we did. I would not recommend sleeping on the beach, sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Total Price: Varies Taxi Cost 2023 Jamaica - Price of a taxi Jamaica: Calculate in a few clicks the price of the race for a taxi at Jamaica. Far enough from the city life but close to the city at the same time (7 10 min walk). How much money (USD) would you bring for a week? How much does one doctors visit cost? Each taxi runs a specific route for a set price and picks up and drops off people anywhere along the way. There are 3 ways; Most routes are frequently traveled by route taxis. Looking forward to Jamaican sun and our friends in Boston Bay! The taxi with ease Jamaica. or alter the fare. As an update I only want to mention that the prices from Port Antonio to Ocho Rios seem to have changed (all locals in the bus paid the same price we did): Port Antonio to Anotto Bay 230 JMD, Anotto Bay to Port Maria 200 JMD, Port Maria to Ocho Rios 180 JMD. # of Route Taxis: 0 take the Big Yellow bus instead. If you are not a huge fan of Bob Marley, I would skip the Museum! How much does it cost to ship a car from the US to the Caribbean? I would like to go from Mobay to Bob Marley Museum. (JAMAICA WITH IRIE) Are cabs expensive in Jamaica? Hello there, Also if you stay overnight you can do the sunrise hike to the peak if you are interested. # of Route Taxis: 1. There is a route taxis that goes to Morant Bay! Keep up the great work. Ackee & Saltfish = J$250 - 400 Stew Chicken or Beef = J$350 - 450 (This is usually the cheapest meal on the menu.) The best and least complicated way to get to the airport is by taking the 98 bus heading to Port Royal. It took 5 route taxis because were staying by the cliffs and flagged a local Negril route taxi but it went quite quickly as upon arriving at the end of each route(mini depot/taxi stand) we were ushered to the next route taxi where they left as soon as the taxi was full. A couple of places that were my favourite around the world; We are arriving songster airport 2.20pm. It is as simple as that :D. Did we miss anything? $0.40 for each additional unit. Major services in the taxi industry include the transporting of passengers in taxis; renting limousines, luxury cars, vans, and other automobiles with drivers; and hearse rentals with drivers. Yeah, car rentals are way too expensive, route taxis are the way to go! There is also a bus called Knutsford Express that goes to all the major towns in Jamaica. Or would it be alright bc they got a fare for the seat? # of Route Taxis: 2. You can stop a taxi on the street or use a ride hailing app . We never lost our bags. Outside the arrival terminal you will find the 98 bus stop (going towards Port Royal), you dont want that one, but a few feet after this bus stop is where the 98 bus heading downtown will stop. If things are priced in US dollars, know that you are in an expensive area in Jamaica. Many thanks as this is a brilliant way to see the country, small yuhself up and mingle with the locals :) I heard its best to keep it on your lap or on the floor close to you. I never felt unsafe in a route taxi! . TaxiFareFinder is not associated with taxi companies or limo services. However, it is possible to make a day trip out of it and then head to the Blue Mountains. Hopes this help. # of Route Taxis: 3. From the Savanna La Mar bus port you can also catch taxis/mini buses to Kingston (J$900); Negril, Whitehouse, Mandville, Petersfield and more. This will also work for destinations outside of Jamaica . I can unsubscribe any time using the unsubscribe link at the end of all emails. The end of our trip is TB-Kingston but we dont see route taxis in this area like in the other cities, is that really easy to reach a route taxi here in TB? All calculations are performed based on a proprietary algorithm that considers a large set of information sources and factors. Hi Jazzy, Estimate the fare and duration of a taxi trip in Jamaica in 2023 . This price estimate for uber is given for information and has been calculated in relation to rates of the state in 2023 year and depending on the items you have provided. We travel to experience the country, but perhaps bus may be the better option since I want to have her in the car seat. We suggest that you opt for a route taxi vs a van/bus as it will not depart until it is full and that can take anywhere from 30 minutes 1 hour. The taxi with ease Jamaica. Most route taxis operateMonday Sunday (infrequent on Sundays) between the hours of 6am 7pm. Jamaicas currency is called the Jamaican dollar but the locals simply refer to it as dollars. # of Route Taxis: 2. Private Shuttle Service MBJ Airport to Sunscape. Do you get U.S money from the atms there? We always check your site and screenshot each section before we head off to our next location. 300.00 J$. Update the estimate to see the real-time fare prices in Runaway Bay . Montego to Treasure Beach: 3 route taxis (Savanna-la Mar Black River Treasure Beach) | Time: 2.5 hours | Total price: ~800 JMD. These official taxis are identified by having RED license plates with two white letters (one of which is 'P') and four white digits, indicating they are officially licensed as taxis and insured for riders. Typically, the average budget for a taxi unit is $15,000. Trips beyond city limits may be under flat rate or have the portion of the trip beyond the city limit doubled (Rate 4). Several factors impact the taxi fare in Jamaica. How much does airport transfer cost in Jamaica? Check out our top travel tips for Jamaica here. What a great resource! The upfront fare quote should include all charges, but the fare may change if you change your destination or if there are any unexpected tolls or taxes. Use Booking.com to get the best rates for your hotel stay. Thank You so much Amazing article, found so many useful info, thanks infinitely. NOTE: We do not provide fare estimates or taxi quotes over email. In MoBay we hired an off resort tour van to take us out for the whole day for 120 dollars but we were out for about 10 hours and had much more freedom and saved hundreds. Youll survive and njoy! Where do you fly out of(hopefully Kingston)? Taxi prices Falmouth ~17.15 mi. Go from Montego Bay to Port Antonio to Kingston them to the Blue Mtns (its easier to go here from Kingston than PA) this way you dont have to go out of your way to get to treasure beach. Are cruise does not depart till 8pm. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Yes, you can change your USD for Jamaican Dollars at one of the Cambios in town. Contact us, LAHORE DAEWOO MAIN TERMINAL to Sialkot District, Roma Street to Britz Campervan Hire Brisbane, Panama City Beach Airport Shuttle & Taxi Cab Service to Emerald Isle Beach Resort, PITX - Gate 1 (2/F) to Solaire Resort & Casino Manila Pools. Super helpful and specific info here, much appreciated. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The average traveler to Jamaica spends about $20 a day per person on meals. Thank you!! I have read all comments about paying more in US $s etc and i do understand as have also travelled widely. Sarinta, Check out this article for the best cheap places to stay in Negril and Montego Bay. Your email address will not be published. Its a very busy and crowded area) in downtown Montego Bay for J$100. (Video) Jamaica Transportation Services, Best Hotel and Airport Taxi Services. I think i have to canceled the visit in TB because a dont have enough time We would like to do a sunset hike to Blue Mountains Peak. I hear you, we were pretty bummed out when we had to leave as well, but it was fine because we knew we would be back ;)! If you're planning to begin on this venture with a limited amount of money on hand, clearly buying $15,000 vehicles won't work. 30 Best Travel Gift Ideas for Men and Women, 2 Weeks in Ireland: The Perfect Ireland Road Trip Itinerary. Get taxi fare. How do you call a taxi in Aruba? (Video) Getting around Jamaica on a BUDGET. Quote and booking online or direct contact driver by phone Jamaica. Private Limousine/Van Service. In Porty, we stayed at Mango Ridge, which was in town but in the mountains. We also included the price so you dont get scammed in paying more because you are a tourist. It gives oppertunity to get to know locals and things about JA. Go to Welcome Center in Airport Baggage Claim Area. Hi Im flying in on a Sunday and need to travel to Ocho Rios, you mentioned the route taxis are separate on Sundays. 6. AirTrain is free unless you start or end your journey at Jamaica and Howard Beach Stations. I was budgeting $160 for us to get from Montego Bay airport to Ocho Rios. The bus system is even on google maps, so there is almost no need to take route taxis. Uber, Lyft estimates Use RideGuru All results are estimates and may vary depending on external factors such as traffic and weather. From the bus port you take a taxi going south to Savanna- la-Mar (J$200). The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. For example, Im coming out from the airport of Montego Bay, and will these Route Taxis be there? Either way hope you enjoy Jamaica. Allright thanks i am refering to my 45L pack that I will have with me pretty much all along the trip. 7. Some taxis will also have their route/destination printed on the drivers side door. I made some calls and here are the prices - at today's date, for the main items used in the building construction process. can differ from estimated prices as they factor in the dynamic rush-hour price increase. The average cost for a doctor's visit ranges between $300 and $600 without insurance. Note: At the bus port in Montego you can find route taxis and buses going to different cities. Just check Knutsfords website for hours and prices. We are all about helping you stretch your dollar. Im headed to Jamaica in a few weeks. Sometimes, when you find a nice driver/doctor, they can carry your suitcases in a mini-bus for free. Though this is an option where you take more taxi and pay more, it is the fastest route, with less waiting time. A vacation to Jamaica for one week usually costs around J$111,925 for one person.So, a trip to Jamaica for two people costs around J$223,851 for one week.A trip for two weeks for two people costs J$447,701 in Jamaica.