Brooklyn celebrates turning 24 by heading out in Paris with wife Nicola Peltz and Nicola Peltz's fans question if 'feud' with mother-in-law Victoria Beckham is REALLY over as she posts Supermarkets strip vape device from stores after being found to be at least 50 per cent over legal nicotine Tragedies of Everest: The adventurers forever frozen in ice after losing their lives scaling the world's 'Why the last-minute delay?' This is a station that rates 10% in the 3rd biggest city in Australia this isnt a 3MP or even a 2CH. Welcome to the Coronation! 4BH need to treat brisbane as a single entity without the network stuff. I just heard Spencer Davis. There are so many people we work with every day that we will miss, yet I am so proud of everything we have achieved and am looking forward to what is to come. No ifs buts or maybes. Whilst its great to continue 4KQs legacy with LGM going to 4BC and Bob Gallagher on sister station 4BH, I cant help thinking that the 4BC/LGM pairing is, to put it lightly, a mismatch? Ill just listen to what I want when I want and radio in general can kiss this old dude goodbye. I work in a bookshop and when we tuned to their supposed sister station 97.3 both staff and customers did not like what we heard. Tune in to 4BC Breakfast with Laurel, Gary & Mark every weekday from 5.30am-9am. The new radio station will deliver 24/7 sports coverage, and has been branded as 'Queensland's only dedicated sports station'. The seller, HT&E, was required to sell 4KQ after its acquisition of ARN Regional from Grant Broadcasters in January. Of their final day on air, Laurel Edwards said: This has been my life for 30 years and while today is very emotional, I am so grateful for all the memories I am leaving with. Where is Beylikduzu Located in Istanbul? Now I have all the radios in the house and my computer permanently on 4KQ and the vibe is cheerful and light-hearted. Our business model is sport, and parochial sport is at the heart of that, he said. I hope the Breakfast gang and everyone of the wonderful people there are moving to 4BH, for all the classic hits we all love. This is a station with such a great Brisbane legacy, and its a privilege to be welcomed here, wherever our new and old listeners are tuning in from. Play songs and albums on demand. Please get the morning crew on board . There are so many people we work with every day that we will miss, yet I am so proud of everything we have achieved and am looking forward to what is to come. Today marks the end of an incredible chapter in the history of radio as Laurel Edwards, Gary Clare and Mark Hine host 4KQs popular breakfast show for the very last time. The station is part of our lives. Listen Now. While carbon copying 4KQ would normally be a BAD idea, with 4KQ going away, its a no brainer, grab the whole lot, team and all and run with it, 4KQ ran #1 and (back when 4BH was live and local) traded places regularly. There so-called entertainment is about as much as watching a crocodile sitting on edge a swamp. And bring across the breakfast team. Supplied image of 4KQ breakfast team of Mark Hine, Laurel Edwards and Gary Clare Previous breakfast winners, 4KQ's Laurel, Gary and Mark, dropped to sixth. How good!. Change your format to include music from the 1950s also. 4kq breakfast teammetal gear solid 3 system requirements. ARN's national content director Duncan Campbell congratulated Edwards on the celebration, and said: "4KQ listeners have spent the past 30 years with Laurel who has been an integral part of the 4KQ team, and I would like to thank her for the huge role she has played in the station's success. This is a station with such a great Brisbane legacy, and its a privilege to be welcomed here, wherever our new and old listeners are tuning in from. 4KQ's Breakfast Team (left to right) Mark Hine, Laurel Edwards and Gary Clare, Thursday, June 23, 2022 - Picture: Richard Walker Radio Ga-Ga: Brisbane farewelled classic hits station 4KQ in 2022 after 75 years on air - but it certainly didn't go quietly. Im feeling really positive about the future.. Conveniently located near the Hadmky industrial area and beautiful beaches, Ramada by Wyndham Beylikduzu offers views of the Sea of Marmara and transportation options into the heart of Istanbul. SEN were just looking for a radio dial spot to extend their network, but if they thought they would retain the Brisbane listeners in the deal, they might as well given me their $12mill. One likens the demise of 4KQ to a death in the family: Many, many listeners to 4KQ will not be interested in the least to this new format. Gary has had two stints at 4KQ totalling 31 years. A great addition and combination to complete a Top radio station ,well done management. of Classic Hits station 4KQ to Sports Entertainment Network. At least a TVC has been produced, holiday already given away on breakfast and $500 at breakfast begins this week. I can not believe how any company would think that 24/7 sports could possibly ask 4KQ followers to listen and expect that to work. George Ezra rakes in the spins with Green Green Grass: AirCheck, Christian OConnell officially becomes an Australian citizen, Tonis new book riding high on the bestseller lists, Dean Lewis performs live song that brings Erin Molan to tears, Click here to sign up to our free daily newsletter for the latest in radio, audio and podcasting news and jobs. It spells a mismatch to me and could possibly alienate 4BCs traditional audience, who are obviously used to more serious content than what LMG provide. Losing that is devastating. Laurel Edwards, Gary Clare and Mark Hine will keep you updated on the latest news and talk Brisbane, along with a soundtrack of classic tunes. RCA 77161:17PM Funeral March of a Marionette Ariadne Daskalakis, violin Felix Mendelssohn 101.7 MHz is its main frequency, but it also features two repeaters outside Sidney: 88.3 MHz in the Macarthur region, and 99.1 MHz centered in the Richmond/Hawkesbury . Taylor says We are very big on DAB. Edwards said of their final day on air: This has been my life for 30 years and while today is very emotional, I am so grateful for all the memories I am leaving with. Give Brisbane its life back . Channels: Action, Comedy, Cooking Channel, Fireplace Channel, Kids. Hire Laurel Gary and Mark as your breakfast crew. montreal bypass to new brunswick map; mark bouris byron bay house; are belvita breakfast biscuits good for diabetics; is hello alice grant legit; the squad fs19 mods A creatives review of some local Pridevertising, Why this IWD what women want is for men to show up, Despite the noise, NRL sponsors are back in droves ahead of 2023 season launch. Host and Guest on The Daily Show Podcast witho, Host on The Daily Show: Ears Edition, The Daily Show Podcast Unive, and On Second Thought: The Trevo, and Guest on Stand Up. For now, lets celebrate the station that is, and its storied history, before we mourn the loss of a unique Brisbane voice. before some other station beats you to it. History. As others have pointed out they need to basically copy 4KQ with 4BH in every respect. How good!, Tags: 4BC | 4KQ | Gary Clare | Laurel Edwards | Mark Hine. . Our hotel is next to the Tyap Fair Convention and Congress Center and only 19 kilometers from Istanbul . Eels vs Storm tops 2022 NRL launch on Nine with 455k metro viewers, Greenpeace dobs Toyota into the ACCC for alleged greenwashing through misleading advertising, Havas Media Group appoints Rebecca Tos as managing partner of Havas Market, MissingSchool launches rallying cry for seriously sick kids via Cocogun and Zenith, Darren Stein returns to OMG in Hearts & Science leadership restructure, If you dont think a value proposition is valuable youre doing it wrong. We have been inundated with so many moving calls these past few weeks and would like to thank our loyal and passionate fans who have been waking up with us for so many years., Hine commented: We say goodbye with mixed emotions. The Laurel, Gary & Mark show aims to entertain and brighten the day of Brisbane each weekday morning, not too newsy, not too heavy and not too silly. 'It's just wrong that such a longstanding music station will be gone,' commented another fan. 4BC is owned by Nine, also the owner of this masthead. Were sorry, this feature is currently unavailable. Losing that is devastating. Fans have been left devastated after a popular Big changes: According to a report by The Courier Mail on Thursday, the new owners of 4KQ announced the radio station would become Queensland's 'new. This site requires JavaScript to run correctly. 4KQ is a commercial radio station based in Brisbane, Australia owned and operated by the Australian Radio Network. 2023 AMT, trading as Radio Today. Looking forward to changing over to you from tomorrow. Laurel, Gary and Mark, who finished at 4KQ on June 24, will bring their top-rating breakfast show to 4BC from Monday, July 11, reports The Courier-Mail. George Ezra rakes in the spins with Green Green Grass: AirCheck, Christian OConnell officially becomes an Australian citizen, Tonis new book riding high on the bestseller lists, Dean Lewis performs live song that brings Erin Molan to tears, Click here to sign up to our free daily newsletter for the latest in radio, audio and podcasting news and jobs. Sign up to our free daily update to get the latest in media and marketing. Clare has had two stints at 4KQ totalling 31 years. I switched from 4BH to 4KQ years ago because I found 4BHs songs dreary and depressing. Were very happy with the coverage. Not exactly true, 5kW vs 10kW day. [15] On 30 June 2022 the station's former format ended, ending the long running service of breakfast announcers Laurel Edwards (30 years), Gary Clare (31 years), and Mark Hine (16 years).[16]. The announcers can even tell you who made the coffee while the track was being recorded. Keen to get away from the neighbours? Under music director Brent James, who also hosts the morning shift, KQ struck a chord with Brisbane audiences. or debate this issue live on our message boards. And Mark, one of 4KQ's most loved personalities, has anchored the Breakfast show now for the past 16 years. Mark Taylor is a smart operator regionally but yet to see what ace can do in a major market. Jase & Lauren is an Australian breakfast radio show hosted by Jason Hawkins and Lauren Phillips on KIIS 1011 in Melbourne. Please try again later. I will definitely listen to 4BH if they have the same format as 4kq and please bring Laurel Handy Gary and Mark and those great 4kq Djs. Queenslanders love their state and its teams and we are excited to play our role in amplifying that passion.. Chris Williamson. A big Beckham birthday! I thought that this was a joke when i heard it yesterday bringing 3 people over from a 24 hour music station to a 24 hour talkback station and asking them to be across current affairs,politics an sports,it just wont work Im afraid, 4BCs listeners are totally different from the old 4KQ chatter, they want people there who know what they are talking about like Neil Breen and Scott Emmerson not someone whos never done it before..I for one will be turning 4BC off for good and go elsewhere..Whoever thought that this will be a masterstroke has rocks in their heads..you would have to give them 12 months tops because 4BC churn staff over like its going out of fashion..the ratings will find them out..Crazy stuff Just Crazy. 1750 episodes totalling 648 hours, 30 minutes. I was thoroughly enjoying the previous 4bh musicIll be finding another station now, hopefully that play a lot of 70s music.if any such station exists. 4KQ breakfast team finds new home at 4BC Bray Boland Share on twitter Share on facebook Laurel Edwards, Gary Clare and Mark Hine are bringing their top-rating breakfast show - Good Times and Great Hits - to Brisbane's 4BC 882 from 5.30 am on Monday, July 11. What is happening in this photo? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Today is a celebration of the success we have achieved, and all the people who have helped along the way., Gary Clare says, Part of our success is how close-knit we are as a team, but we must also acknowledge our listeners. It would also probably conclude several high-profile careers at the station, including those of breakfast team Laurel Edwards, Mark Hine and Gary Clare. Inside Prince Harry's finances from when he met Meghan Markle to landing 100M with Netflix and book Spare Royally hard work! This follows the sale of the station, a result of ARNs acquisition of a regional network and the need to comply with Australias media ownership laws. Laurel Edwards, Gary ClareandMark Hineare bringing their top-rating breakfast show, Good Times and Great Hits, to Brisbanes 4BC 882 from 5.30am on Monday, July 11. And I am sure that I for one, will have to throw out my radio as the tuning dial has been glued to 693 for so long. His time has come. Can you please play my favourite Baby Blue- Graham Bonnet, Goodbye to 4KQ693 sadly missed , goodbye to 693SEN. New beginnings:According to Sports Entertainment Network, the changes are set to take place in July, with a 'sports-focused format'. Bad luck SEN a very poor business decision based on kicking the listeners wishes off air as I will transition back to 4BH now that you have ditched sport . Gee, dont tell 4KQ who have a 3 person breakfast team! 4KQ will remain on air for another week, officially switching off on Thursday June 30 at midnight. 4KQ will remain on air for another week, officially switching off on Thursday June 30 at midnight. Their final show comes a week out from the classic hits station turning off the mics next Thursday, June 30. When we think about it, the number of times 4BH has gone under coincides with the number of times theyve adopted the nursing home music format. . [9] In 1986, 4KQ was purchased by Wesgo.[10]. that is the worst decision ever. Do not sell or share my personal information. My dilemma is what radio station now. 4kq is part of the Broadcasting industry, and located in Australia. They should think about bringing the KQ breakfast show across along with Brent James to do the music and Dave D Whitcomb to continue on the Jukebox Saturday night. I have switched to 4BH and listened all week! Could not see myself listening to has-beens talking sport! This follows the sale of the station, a result of ARNs acquisition of a regional network and need to comply with Australias media ownership laws. Laurel Edwards,Gary ClareandMark Hineare bringing their top-rating breakfast show Good Times and Great Hits to Brisbanes4BC 882from 5.30 am on Monday, July 11. Is news coverage a safe environment for advertisers? Were working to restore it. Its about standing with us when its uncomfortable: World Pride, advocacy and corporate dollars, A rundown of the brands looking to bathe in the sparkle of Sydney World Pride, Were the only one-stop-shop at scale in Australia: EssenceMediacom APAC CEO fires warning shot. Good on ACE Radio for taking it in their own hands. I do listen to ABC for game day sport and watch plenty on tv. Next Wednesday, Edwards will mark 30 years as a breakfast presenter on Queensland's 4KQ radio station, making her (according to available current records) the longest-serving announcer - male or female - on the same shift at the same station in Australian broadcast history. Their final show comes a week out from the classic hits station turning off the mics next Thursday, June 30. GOOD MOVE BY ACE RADIO NOOW MARK TAYLOR CAM SIGN LAUREL AND 4KQS BREAKFAST TEAM TO 4BH AND THE WEEEKDAY TEAM CURRENT;Y AT 4KQ ALL CAN START AT 4BH ON FRIDAY JULY 1ST ALREADY 4BH AN=HAS SUNDAY MORNJNG 6-S FROM 4KQ ACE RADIO CAN BUY 4KQS MUSIC FORMAT FROM SEN AND PUT IT ON 4BH THEN THE 4KQ LISTENERS CAN BE GLAD BECAUSE THE 4KQ TEAM CAN BE HEARD AGAIN ON 4BH AND 4BH QONT HAVE ANY NETWORKED SHOWS FROM EITHER SYDNEY OR MELBOURNE, Hi yes I will be going to put my Radio on to 4BH when 4KQ goes. 'We have been listening to the 4KQ breakfast show since moving to Brisbane over 20 years ago. visited to give a presentation about radio, and thats when I knew I wanted to be an announcer, said Laurel. Current 4BC breakfast host Neil Breen will move to the drive shift with his new show Brisbane Live, while Scott Emerson will take up a role as political contributor across 4BC and Nine Radios other talk stations. Ill keep my fingers crossed for the Classic Hits format to remain in Brisbane and transfer to 4BH. 24 hr sport will not succeed in Brisbane because of the loyalty of KQ listeners. Loved Laurel, Gary and Mark. Police raid online sensation shop Wakey Wines looking for drugs as owner famous for his Prime Not so shipshape! The classic hits station was launched on May 7, 1947, as a Rock n Roll station, but by the 90s was winning over listeners and ratings with its classic hits music format. The popular 4KQ breakfast show line-up of Laurel Edwards, Gary Clare and Mark Hine will move to 4BC, with current host Neil Breen moving to take on the drive shift with a new show. I think its a masterstroke to bring Laurel, Gary and Mark to 4BC. Gary Clare has often referred to the lack of acknowledgment for their efforts by the boss. The station has been an iconic station for years in Queensland, to see it gone is so sad. People remember the cautionary TV commercials from https://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/sen-confirms-purchase-of-hit-radio-station-4kq-and-announces-major-changes/news-story/61157d98423df92044779854c9f4e55b. Scuba Certification; Private Scuba Lessons; Scuba Refresher for Certified Divers; Try Scuba Diving; Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox) ACE better not screw this up. A life-defining passion: 3AWs Tony Moclair lands dream Airshow role, Bailey Corrigan: Im beyond excited to kick off my dream career, NOW FMs Greg Henry: Attracting radio talent to the country is getting harder and harder, Chris Smith joins TNT Radio for afternoon show. By Demeter Stamell For Daily Mail Australia, Published: 14:02 GMT, 5 May 2022 | Updated: 14:15 GMT, 5 May 2022. There is also a genuine connection with the audience through local programming and customising the playlist to the city. Write by: . Current Breakfast hostNeil Breenis moving to the Drive shift with his new showBrisbane Live, whileScott Emersonwill take up a new role as political contributor across 4BC and Nine Radios other talk stations. Service 2.7. Just as long as they dont have the worst of seventies music at lunchtime, as 4KQ did. Im happy to hand them the alarm clock and I cant wait to get cracking on my new Drive show. Planning for the station began after a licence with the callsign 4KQ was granted in August 1946. 4BH, you are heading in the right direction. Ask Roxy, Carsales and Sydney Swans announce new partnership, TikTok introduces new screen time features for teens, Cannings Purple launches two new offerings, Jayne Ferguson joins Women in Media board of directors, Pureprofile appoints Liz Smith to board of directors, Wise launches new brand to reflect global community. If. The sale to SEN has, nevertheless, been strategic for ARN as it guarantees that the former KQ will not compete with its existing stations. Ask night driving Truckies. Another thought arises is LMGs move to 4BC a back door way for them to transition to 4BH breakfast (especially if Bob Gallaghers show doesnt rate well)? After 75 years of broadcasting, the stations final hours on air will celebrate this classic music and feature some familiar voices of the many announcers across the night. Gone to the new home of Classic Hits 4BH116, Thank you 4bh it seems like nothing has changed, Jukebox Saturday night is usually 50s and 60s with information about the song could this be considered in the future for 4BH. I am so pleased they are to continue! 9.5K subscribers The final breakfast shift for the 4KQ breakfast team of Laurel, Gary & Mark went to air this morning Friday 24 June. More execs on the move; Mark Richardsons new gig and AKQAs Ajaz Ahmed, Gumtree Media UpNext: The Future is Sustainable. The sad truth is that while punching well above its weight in terms of listeners, KQ was not doing as well financially as it might. May 6 update: Radio veteran Ian Skippen has told The Courier-Mail that the 4KQ breakfast team could take its large audience to another station.