The contact is in the process of having the vehicle repaired. FORD ESCAPE 10-12 Transfer Case, 3.0L. I have started hearing that clunking noise again and am worried its going bad again. In addition to the hesitation when trying to accelerate, there were also a few instances where the cruise control seemed to either surge or back down, as if it didn't know quite how to respond, usually, but not always, when on a slight incline. Combined condenser/transmission cooling unit (believe is manufactured by visteon) leaked at 48,200 miles. It leaked back out. It just cant provide the fuel pressure. Mercury Mariner: 6F35 Transmission. My 2008 Mariner automatic transmission will not shift properly when cold (winter) or too hot. Spread the word. I lifted car off ground and put car into drive with the parking brake on for resistance. 2008 FORD ESCAPE Used Automatic Transmission Assembly 231K Miles 8M64-7000-AC (Fits: Mercury Mariner) $498.00 or Best Offer 14 watching 2008-2012 ESCAPE MARINER AUTOMATIC TRANS FLOOR GEAR SHIFT SHIFTER ASSEMBLY OEM (Fits: Mercury Mariner) $75.95 Was: $79.95 Free shipping or Best Offer No information contained in this video shall create any expressed or implied warranty or guarantee of any particular result. There were no warning indicators illuminating on the instrument panel. How old is the transmission? Question I have is, do older vehicles like this require warming up? Repairs could involve replacement of the valve body or a complete . It may be making a whining noise coming from the vehicles rear. Unacceptable in my opinion. 2006. Solution - Install remanufactured CD4E torque converter. You can see it under car too near drivers side front. Solution It is fairly easy to guesstimate what the root cause of your Mercury Mariner transmission problems might be, but you wont truly know unless you have the right tools and experience. The first one was a the passenger side rear window. P0700 is a common code if its an electrical issue related to the transmission. On 01/10/2010 the throttle body/powertrain indicator icon and service engine soon icon displayed solid illumination after engine warmup. Before the transmission ran out of fluid, you should have noticed the RPM going up too fast for the speed you were going, indicating that the transmission fluid was low. The dealer informed the contact that the vehicle was not included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 07V453000 (power train:automatic transmission:cooling unit and lines). I guess since FORD related I should expect FIX OR REPAIR DAILY. 2010-2012 ESCAPE MARINER Transfer Case Box Electronic Control Module TCM OEM. Vehicle running just fine, except starting sluggish. The contact owns a 2008 Mercury Mariner. The consumer stated after reading about an investigation of Ford vehicle, which included her model year, she was concerned about the throttle body, which had not been replaced. Now its been a few months and my warranty is expired. Car has only 70,000 miles. Let me know if you move forward, I am on board. I was told that there was not an official recall, but a 'customer satisfaction..' where only some models have this issue, so if you complain, they look into it. The 2nd generation Mariner (2008-2011) ranks 26th in reliability out of 28 generations. It turned up to be a transmission fluid cooler leak (something that Ford Company is very well aware of (TSB issued)). The Ford Motor Company recalled 2001 2008 Ford Escape and 2001 2008 Mercury Mariner models that have been fitted with a remanufactured CD4E transmission that was built between June 11, 2015 July 15, 2015. The Mercury transmission solenoid builds up fluid and causes the gears to jerk when shifting or hesitating during acceleration. . The clutch is responsible for directly connecting the engine (via the flywheel) and the transmission (via the input shaft). I have a 2008 Mercury Mariner. One problem related to transmission not engage has been reported for the 2008 Mercury Mariner. It's been fixed once before and stopped working completely on Friday. The Mercury Mariner was equipped with the CD4E or the 6F35 in later models. Easy to use parts catalog. Noticed tiny transmission fluid leak at 36K miles. P0420 may accompany it. This my third new vehicle with ford and my last that i will purchase through ford.. When I brought up all the problems with this particular part in other models (08 Escape, 08 Mariner, 08 Mazda Tribute), they could not wait for me to just pay for a repair and leave (Jeremy even started the car for me!). I have a 2006 mercury Premier I change the transmission fluid on it now its slow changing, I have 2006 mariner with 66,000 miles , the O/D off light keeps flashing, I have an 06 mariner in O.D.it slides past 3rd out of OD. I heard that the transmission they put in this car was too small. Transmission: 6 speed automatic; Variable valve control; Off-Road Capability. TSB 07-5-6 Engine stalling on the gear engagement and stopping CD4E Transmission Ford says they can fix it with my money. We have a 2006 Mariner and the transmission just went out. Has anyone had any luck with this issue getting resolved? 2005 Mariner @ 126,000 mi; only 1st & 3rd gears, not allowing 2nd & 4th gears. In addition, there was excessive oil leakage from the gasket. I am so upset, reading all this and not knowing how we can ever recover. I contacted Ford a year and half ago and their solution was to suggest I buy an extended warrantee. I would take it to a repair shop that deals in hybrid parts, maybe even a dealer. If your vehicles check engine light is on, theres valuable info stored in there. A malfunctioning fuel pump can cause a menagerie of strange symptoms. Repair cost at Ford/Mercury dealer $850. The transmission control module (TCM) for the Mercury transmission has a TSB concerning a programming error causing problems with the transmission solenoid. This transmission problem can be caused by internal wear to the torque converter which prevents it from unlocking. Look for a red puddle under where youve been parking your vehicle. At the end of the ramp, my 2005 Mercury Mariner stalled causing loss of control. Weve made a table to help you try and narrow them down before reading through all of this. Please let me know. Factory design flaws also factor into this equation, along with how/how hard you drive. I barely drive it, this feb. will be two years that I've owned the car. frequently 2008 Mercury Mariner problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. The contact was concerned of the safety risk involved. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2008 Mercury Mariner based on all problems reported for the 2008 Mariner. I bought an extended warranty, and should be covered, but ford is trying to get out paying for it, so Im not happy. Yes. Vehicle is a 2009 Mercury Mariner premium (fwd, ivct 2. Said to drive longer. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the, NHTSA Power Train: Automatic Transmission Problems. To the local Chevy dealer I will be there soon to buy a new vehicle. The overall lifespan of a Mercury Mariner transmission largely depends on how well it was maintained. to pick up my husband. It is the sole responsibility of the viewer to assume this risk. There may be a rotten smell coming from the exhaust pipe. My ten-year-old makes fun of me now, and says that she will never want a Ford--not even as a gift! CARFAX and AutoCheck alternative . statistics and reliability analysis of Mercury Mariner based on all problems reported for the Mariner. You see, there are a lot of (very expensive) moving parts inside of a transmission, and if something isnt right, continuing to drive with a transmission problem could damage something else. I have been having problems with my 2008 Mercury Mariner transmission during the winter of 2010 and continuing. If you clean it with anything else, it can damage the MAF Sensor. Theres a lot of information here, and it can be overwhelming. Common Mercury Mariner Transmission Problems Lack of Response Leaking Fluid Low Fluid Burning Smell Grinding or Shaking Whining, Clunking or Humming Refuses to Go Into Gear Torque Converter Issues Valve Body Issues Transmission Noisy in Neutral Gears Slipping No 3rd or 4th Gear No 1st or 2nd Gear No Reverse Dragging Clutch So you probably did get the unlucky lemon. In this video, Len shows you the top problems according to mechanic and manufacturer data and reports. it limps. I should have listen to my spouse and bought a Chevy sometimes guys do know better. I leased the 2008 Mariner in Feb.2007. We need some one to organize . And the 1-2 year warranty might only cover you at certain transmission repair shops, in a specific geographical area. all problems of the 2009 Mercury Mariner No Reverse 2005 2008 Ford Escape 2005 2008 Mercury Mariner This recall was issued in October 2015, and Ford dealers were instructed to either tighten the manual shift lever bolt, or replace the shift lever assembly. I took the car to a Ford dealer and they diagnosed it with transmission failure. To view our 2020 replacement transmission pricing guide, click here. Mercury Mariner: Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms and Diagnosis. They also stated the reason it did not do it with the old battery was due to the computer covering the rough shift. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Mercury Mariner based on all problems reported for the Mariner. I brought a 2008 Mercury Mariner a little over yr ago, with my disability back pay, never owned a vehicle that was under 100000 miles on it this had 17000 on it when we purchased it. Revs High And Slips 4 Transmission 'lurchs' 4 Transmission Went. I changed it. 2008 Mercury Mariner - transmission cooler severe leak at 31,000 miles. I guess it all depends on how much you need your vehicle to be reliable, and how much time you have to spend at the dealership. ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) Warning This light means there's an issue with your anti-lock brakes. Itll bog after a certain speed. To Jeremy's credit, he tried to run it under warranty, but came up empty handed. Common 2008-2011 Mercury Mariner Problems. It should still move some though, if its the cause. Interior and exterior in good condition. I called Ford and they told me it is not their problem. 68.57 . Manual only. Once too much fluid builds up in the control solenoids of the transmission, the solenoids do not open and close properly. Start Code: Run & Drive Key: Present Odometer: 135,005 mi (Actual) Airbags: Intact Vehicle Wheels Spare Tire Unknown,Alloy Wheels Find parts now - over 15 million parts in stock Vehicle Description VIN (Status): 4M2CU39H98K****** (OK) Vehicle: Automobile Body Style: WAGON 4 DR. Engine: 2.3L 4V ATKINSON CYCLE I4 Transmission: Unknown The contact experienced abnormal roughness when attempting to shift gears in the vehicle. The engine should stall out when trying to accelerate. No engine lite, no OBD codes. On 01/14/2010, the dealership read the ombd-ii malfunction codes and notified owner that the entire automatic transmission assembly (Ford part no. Furthermore, while sitting at a stop sign or traffic light with my foot on the brake, the engine will rev up then shift in another gear then when taking off the vehicle slams into gear. 3.Remove the transaxle assembly and check the rotation of the torque converter in the bell housing. The quickest way to fix your transmission problems is to simply buy a used transmission or used transmission. I just got rid of my last car after replacing the trans twice! This vehicle comes with a spare key. I contacted Ford and discovered that Ford does not notify owners of defects through service bulletins. Yes. Mercury Mariner owners have reported 8 problems related to automatic transmission (under the power train category). Both front driver's side and passenger side went out on mine around 60,000 miles. if this has been going on since the 2005 model, why didn't Ford fix the OBVIOUS problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The transmission shifts very smoothly. Mercury Mariner: Bad MAF Sensor Symptoms and Causes. The symptoms of a bad fuel filter are exactly the same as a faulty fuel pump. Otherwise could have easily led to failure of transmission with resulting vehicle accident. Grinding or Shaking I have a 2006 Merc Mariner with less than 50k miles on it and I keep all maintenance on it up to date completely. That was at a private shop, and they also were unable to find the source of the A/C not working properly, so I decided, finally, to go to a dealer where they have all the fancy computers. The traction control warning light on the dashboard would illuminate. Entdecke MARINER 2008 Transmission Shift A/T 391936 in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel! According to the National Highway Traffic Safety. Yes. Ford says they know there is a problem with this make/model but have not issued a recall. Itll be able to handle less and less torque. I have been having problems with my 2008 Mercury Mariner transmission. This coincided with scheduled service. Likely to appear with P0121 or a similar TPS code. A quick visual inspection will confirm its broken. This has led to some close calls/near misses when trying to over-take vehicles. Leaking began at 43000 miles, warranty expired at 36000 miles. Problem Certain vehicles built between 10/1/2009-12/31/2009 equipped with all-wheel-drive, may experience a shutter or vibration in the driveline during a tight turn. I went a couple blocks & my vehicle felt like it wasn't shifting automatically as it should. I just bought a yr old (used) Mariner. 2004 - 2023 TrueDelta. The consumer went to another dealer, after the dealer where she originally purchased the vehicle from, failed to address the problems she experiencing. It should still accelerate. There should be a misfire code. In addition, there was an excessive oil leakage coming from the gasket. Two weeks ago, something happened and every mechanic I've taken the car to says it's the tranny. Copyright 2023 - Transmission Repair Cost Guide. But that is not always a good idea, depending on the symptoms. They may also experience a thump or clunk noise during light acceleration. Refuses to Go Into Gear The Mercury transmission begins to stall or jerk once this transmission solenoid problems occurs. They recieved the Lemon Law papers thats why they fixed it. When an O2 (oxygen) sensor go bad, it'll cause your Mercury Mariner 's engine to run less efficiently. At Ford parts web site, it states that this part is recalled, but no further information is provided; however, this part was received by the dealership and is being installed. The engine should act starved when more fuel is needed. P0171 indicates that your Mercury Mariner is either getting too much air or not enough fuel. 2008 Mercury Mariner Automatic Transmission OEM 109K Miles (LKQ~332301111) (Fits: 2008 Mercury Mariner) $1,766.98 Was: $2,122.71 Free shipping 2008 Mercury Mariner Automatic Transmission OEM 108K Miles (LKQ~333663376) (Fits: 2008 Mercury Mariner) $1,857.71 Was: $2,190.20 Free shipping If your check engine light is on, get a code scanner and see what trouble codes are stored in the PCM (powertrain control module). There is no reason for it to happen to either one of usand Ford should stick by it's problems, and it's customer's. These forums have helped make our results possible. See Mercury Mariner: CD4E Transmission Call 8592363217 for more information. Please also check out the 2008 Mercury Mariner. The 2008 Mercury Mariner has been recalled 4 times by NHTSA. I wish we could swap the trans with a better one cuz I really like my truck. 2005 Mercury Mariner. As you can see above, there are only a few reasons why a vehicle wont accelerate at all. My tranny slipped so In March of 2008 the transmission had to be fixed under warranty, 20,000 miles. Depending on which side of the axle you broke, you may hear a slapping sound when you put the vehicle in gear. In that time I've had to have a brake kit put on, the torque converter went out and they had to replace my transmission and the Power control module had to be replaced. TSB 12-4-8 - Loss of 2nd and 4th gears - CD4E transmission 2007 - 2008 Ford Escape - 2007 - 2008 Mercury Mariner This happens when the catalytic converter is almost full and the engine is choking on its exhaust. It may hesitate or stumble when you need more power. Since the car was under warranty they performed a "transmission overhaul". Lemon laws vary from state to state. I have now had to replace 2 windows that just shatter. But on average, weve seen the Mercury Mariner transmission last for between 130,000-180,000 miles. Extra Clean black interior. I am second owner, knew first owner didnt abuse or drive hard SUV maintence done on it. Key features include Leather interior, All Wheel Driver, Hybrid Engine, and more!. Called the Ford Company, and after over the week they refused to do anything about it either. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. We are 103,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information. The battery is in excellent condition. The car feels like its shifting gears and dragging as if the emergency brake is on. Now, it had been having some problems before, but it was drive-able. This breakage leaves you with two possible solutions: replace the tone ring (which costs approximately $5 - $30 each) and $150 labor or replace the tone ring "assembly", complete with half-shafts (approximately $200 parts and labor.) If There is anything we can do to get this out there to help others and ourselves. I have been having problems with my 2008 Mercury Mariner transmission during the winter of 2010 and continuing. Crankshaft Position Sensor for ford Contour Escape, for Mazda Tribute, for Mercury Cougar Mariner, Crankshaft Position Sensor Speed Sensor : Amazon.ae: Automotive Updated 12/1/08 updated 12/05/08. The check engine light should almost always accompany those. Your Mariners engine creates a vacuum as it runs. The second dealer informed her, the transmission valve body was damaged even before the recall came out in 2012. My vehicle stalls once placed into gear and coming to a stop at periodic times. A local repair shop will remove your transmission, then install a bunch of new parts during the rebuild. About another block, the check engine light came on & was making strange noises. If it can no longer shift, it could be caused by a solenoid/valve body that has gone bad, clutch packs, debris, and much more. Transmission cooling line to radiator developed a leak. If it has jumped too much, the Mariner may not even fire. Here are the most common cause of acceleration with the RPMs going up: You should be able to hear it, and itll likely be paired with a code such as P0300 or P030X (where X is the misfiring cylinder). There were no warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. Lack of Response At slow speeds, pretty much only start from a stop. Never had any clues that is was going out. I took it to my local mechanic and he stated that the A/C condenser was faulty and that it was causing the transmission fluid to leak. I have a 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid. I have a 2005 mercury mariner v6 that has 126k miles and it shifts through all gears just fine. A full size spare is included with this vehicle. They just bend and break! Worried about potential repair costs? Most modern vehicles have drive-by-wire, where the throttle is controlled by a throttle position sensor attached to the gas pedal. In particular, the ABS tone ring. If your Mercury Mariner can still make it up and down the road, you might say Its fine, Ill just drive it until I can get it fixed. I was able to keep the vehicle from stalling by idling at high rate in neutral only. When I bought my car I was told there had not been any recalls on the car. I typically really like Fords, but was sooo disappointed to be dealing with something so major at only 22k miles. This is often caused by a failed CD4E shift solenoid, which can completely sideline your little SUV. The VIN was unavailable. Who has that kind of $$ these days??? If your Mariner is too low on transmission fluid, it will no longer be able to transfer power to the wheels. The vehicle may die when you give it gas. He took the vehicle to the dealer and they stated that the transmission cooling unit and lines needed to be replaced. You may also notice that it has a top speed much lower than you would need to drive on the highway. Browse our daily deals for even more savings! When I accelerate the engine revs and then slams into gear. And we have started joking about how many Fords you can normally see sitting in front of a transmission shop waiting for service. Solution B: Buy a Rebuilt Mercury Mariner Transmission. Used 2008 Mercury Mariner from Fred Beans Chevrolet in DOYLESTOWN, PA, 18902. I checked fluid, it was over a half quart low. I was not able to find any recall information on this problem and was basically told sorry it costs so much. - the contact stated that on 10/08/06 while d at a speed of 40 mph driver's front tire wheel studs broke off. Shudder in drivetrain when accelerating from a coast. Just read the posts on this blog. The repair cost chart excludes repairs made under warranty, do-it-yourself repairs, and repair trips that include maintenance. The car just loses power as it goes along then finally won't go forward like its in neutral. Went out going up hill. Took my 08 Mercury Mariner with 43707 miles (at the time) to have it fixed after noticing a transmission fluid leak in front of my car. It should stall out when giving it more gas. Model: FORD ESCAPE. This service technician stated that for some reason Ford/Lincoln Mercury had made some change to the transmission fluid line in conjunction with the A/C condenser and that this change has caused a lot of problems. My Mariner would crank, but would stall once engaged into forward gear. This is vital for spark timing. When the throttle position sensor fails, it will either put your Mercury Mariner into limp mode or wont respond. Updated IVOQ 03/28/12. I have had an alternator replaced, a driveshaft replaced, abs rings replaced, two separate window regulators replaced, ac condensor replaced, and now the transmission is shot! Just like the rest of you it is a transmission defect. statistics and reliability analysis of Mercury Mariner, Automatic Transmission Torque Converter problems. I will also spread the word as far as I can. I bought my car from the Ford Dealer in Superior WI. I went to get something out of the car and shut the. i am being told now that i need a new transmisson and since i have 65000 miles on my car, its out of warranty. Car is well maintained and drives great. no problems! I have a 2011 mercury mariner with a 6 cyl engine and the trans started leaking fluid. This MERCURY MARINER is Perfect Condition. The problem here is, the skills and experience of each transmission rebuilder will vary widely from shop to shop, so you could have problems from something that wasnt adjusted properly. The dealership informed the contact that the transmission box was opened and found that the tray had pieces of metal in the transmission tray. Make: MERCURY, Model: MARINER MARINER, Year: 2008, VIN: 4M2CU811X8KJ36072. Another of the so many issues is the iddler pulley, which I have had to change 5 times in less than three months. Explore this Used Mercury Mariner at Auto Park Ford and click, call, or visit us in Sturgis, MI to learn more and take a test drive today! Problem Some vehicles may experience engine stalling when coming to a stop, or shifting into Drive or Reverse. If one is faulty, it can change the air-fuel ratio to the point that your Mariner wont accelerate well. Chart based on 8 repair trips. Should this happen, the vehicle could unexpectedly roll away, causing injury and property damage. If your Mariners timing chain has jumped, youll likely get code P0300 and might even be able to hear it slapping around under the timing cover. I contacted a service representative at my local Lincoln Mercury dealership in houston who stated that they have had a multitude of complaints regarding the same issue but no recall notice existed to correct this problem. The failure mileage was 1,094 and current mileage was 7,000. For the past couple years, the vehicle has unpredictably been quitting on me and the red triangle shows up. Your Mariners exhaust pipe may have gotten pinched. The transmission solenoid is remaining closed for the first and second gear, preventing fluid from entering the gears when accelerating. I have had problems with mine even after the transmission has been changed out.. That is RIDICULOUS, Cheryl. They informed me they called Ford, and was told to replace the transmission for $3500. It may appear with code P0171 or P0100-P0104. Sales: (269) 651-7728; Service: (269) 651-7728; On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) may correct the problem. Could you please explain exactly why my Mariner was not part of the original recall? Transmission totally failed at highway cruising speeds with no warning/previous incidents. CHARCOAL 3.0L 6 GAS. Mercury Mariner Transmission Problems and Repair Descriptions at TrueDelta All years Mariner Problems o Engine (24%) Transmission (18%) Brakes (8%) Suspension (16%) Electrical and AC (20%) Body and Trim (9%) Other (5%) Select a problem area Transmission and Drivetrain Need advice about a specific Mercury Mariner problem? I am very unsatisfied with this car and how FORD/MERCURY is handling this. Replacement Mercury Mariner Transmission Prices: Recall ID 15V606000 / 15S28 Shift lever may disengage from transmission CD4E transmission. 2007 2008 Ford Escape 2007 2008 Mercury Mariner Worst 2008 Mercury Mariner Problems by Category Click on a category below for details. However, theres no way to determine the actual condition of the internal components, so you could be spending a bunch of money to have the exact same problems. When the engine is cold the transmission slips. Your help in this matter would be most appreciated. Maintenance parts installed at your Ford or Lincoln Mercury dealership carry a nationwide, 12-month, 12,000-mile parts and labor limited warranty. Apparently Ford has changed the part number on the trans cooler and orders it from a different company, so the part would not be listed under the warranty. I bought a 2007 Mercury Mariner in 2006. Mercury Mariner recall, I purchased a 2008 Mercury Mariner on 9/27/14. Lowest Price. Youll likely get P0171 with the check engine light. 2010 Mercury Mariner. I thought that was bull so I took it to another dealer and they said there were no error codes, but the tech could feel what I was talking about. I thought, "What a coincidence that I try it at the dealer and I get the exact issue I was talking about!"