Harry looked up: Luna Lovegood had drifted over from the Ravenclaw table. She is also a relative of yours?, It's all right," said a dreamy voice from beside Harry as Ron vanished into the coach's dark interior. I noticed that last year.Luna regarding Ron Weasley in 1996, At the beginning of their acquaintance, Ron Weasley thought Luna was weird and was not particularly interested in knowing her, even occasionally referring to her as "Loony." (HBP19), I could hear the match commentary from here, said Ron, his voice now shaking with laughter. She also helped Ron, Hermione and Ginny mount their Thestrals, as the animals were invisible to them. Luna found his story interesting but reminded him to ask questions. She explained further about the Runespoor-poisoning, mentioning how the Thunderbird could've been killed if it had been more severe, and inspired the student to use Episkey to mend the broken wings and the Murtlap Essence to treat the abrasions. The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. Luna eagerly accepted the request, working hard along with the others and enjoying their company. In 1996, Harry asked Luna to attend Professor Slughorn's Christmas party with him as friends after reflecting on how "he had never met anyone quite like her". Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Luna was very loyal to the few friends she had she published Rita Skeeter's interview of Harry Potter on The Quibbler (March issue, 1996)[28] during the latter's fifth year and supported Harry even when he was outlawed by the Ministry of Magic. Welcome back. "She doesn't think you treated her very well, because you wouldn't dance with her. Luna thought Rubeus Hagrid was a poor teacher, saying that the students in Ravenclaw thought him to be a bit of a joke, and that she preferred Professor Grubbly-Plank. "The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. She dresses unusually, she proclaims her strange beliefs openly, and in some ways she seems to be completely out of touch with what's going on around her. But people used to believe there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack!, Yeah, but the lost diadem," said Michael Corner, rolling his eyes, "is, I don't think you should be an Auror, Harry," said Luna unexpectedly. Manage all your favorite fandoms in one place! [21], They went to buy potion ingredients together, and Luna also asked whether there were Crumple-Horned Snorkack horns. The copy sold out, every Hogwarts student and possibly every professor as well, read the copy because of the Education Decree that stated that it was banned on school grounds. She seemed to believe everything she read in The Quibbler, mainly because her father wrote it. [13], Up until the Battle of Hogwarts, Luna stayed at the cottage for the remainder of the war, and when Dobby was buried, she closed the house-elf's eyes and provided the eulogy, thanking him for rescuing her. I think they think Im a bit odd, you know. She met her students in the Great Hall with Headmistress McGonagall and Archibald Eagleton, the Ministry counsellor of the course. They went back to the camp and met Hagrid again, and the student showed Hagrid what Luna had given them, but Luna asked them to talk about it another time. "You're not going mad or anything. A prime example of Luna's perceptiveness was when she pointed out the ironically drastic measures taken against Sirius Black when he escaped Azkaban, but when ten Death Eaters (including Bellatrix Lestrange) escaped, barely any measures were taken to recapture them. The most interesting fact about Luna Lovegood doesn't involve the character, but the actor who portrayed her. [15][16][21], Luna married fellow naturalist Rolf Scamander, grandson of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them author Newt Scamander, considerably later in life than Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny, who all married and started families in their early-to-mid twenties. Luna was one of the last D.A. [6], Luna once gave Harry a note from Albus Dumbledore telling him to come to his office for a private lesson. She is a two-player duelling character and is unlocked (with Draco Malfoy) by retrieving two crests. After the student managed to temporarily restrain the Manticore using the Incarcerous Spell, Luna grabbed them and Apparated back to the edge of the forest where they were greeted by Hagrid. She had straggly, waist-length, dirty blonde hair, very pale eyebrows, and protuberant eyes that gave her a permanently surprised look.Description of Luna's physical appearance. (OP11), Luna took a treat breath and then said, without so much as a preliminary hello: I believe He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is back, and I believe you fought him and escaped from him.Er right, said Harry awkwardly. She was also completely unflappable and rarely seemed anxious or stressed, even under difficult circumstances such as being a prisoner of Malfoy Manor. in order to gain entrance and show him a replica of the diadem. Later in life, Harry and Luna would remain close friends. After the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, they discussed the death of Sirius Black and the possibility of an afterlife. She wore yellow robes, at her father's insistence, and had a sunflower in her hair. There, she said softly. members were almost untouchable, and all survived the battle unscathed except Neville, who was injured but soon recovered. When the lady claimed that she was looking for the lot, Luna realised that she was Qui LeBlanc, their photographer, and listened to her story of being hit by the storm. By Jamie Feldman Apr 6, 2016, 08:47 AM EDT Remember Luna Lovegood, also known as actress Evanna Lynch, the strange but lovable friend of Harry Potter? When she attended his brother Bill's wedding, Ron was further amused by her behaviour and remarked that she gave "good value". A Very Potter Senior Year draws heavily upon the Chamber of Secrets and Half-Blood Prince novels.. Act I. Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom wander the Department of Mysteries, chased by Death Eaters. A loyal friend and a true Ravenclaw. Luna liked Dobby the house-elf, who came to rescue her from Malfoy Manor. I do like her, she's very nice.Luna Lovegood's opinion of Ginny Weasley, Luna and Ginny Weasley were in the same year at Hogwarts, though in different houses; Ginny was in Gryffindor whereas Luna was in Ravenclaw. Luna liked the idea and encouraged them to put due efforts in classes including Field Studies, hoping that they could explore the world together and find more magical creatures one day. Evanna Lynch has stated that she considers Luna to be a, Rowling has stated that she could imagine Luna as a. Qui tried to assure her that the mother should still be far away and that they were safe, but Luna reminded her that it was the professor who was responsible for the students' safety. The Harry Potter Wiki has 367 images related to, *Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. [13], It was believed that Luna was held captive at Azkaban, though she was actually imprisoned in the basement of Malfoy Manor, along with the famed wandmaker Garrick Ollivander, to whom she proved a great comfort. @GredxForgex Me too! Anyway why arent you at the feast? (OP38), Harry: Have you he began. Thank you so much, Dobby, for rescuing me from that cellar. At the beginning of the next school year, he reacted coldly when Romilda Vane implied that Luna and Neville Longbottom were not worth spending time with; a contrast to the previous year, when he felt slightly embarrassed that his crush Cho Chang saw him in Luna's company. After Luna helped cut the ropes off their new cell-mates, Dobby the house-elf came to free them. It's also quite possible that Harry became friends with her husband (Rolf Scamander) and close to her twins, Lorcan and Lysander. Luna then watched as the student was attacked and dropped from the cliff. She never actually reported the score, leaving Professor McGonagall to report it. After Voldemort's defeat at Harry's hands, Luna sensed that Harry wanted to get away from the victory celebrations, and created a distraction so that he could slip away with Ron and Hermione.[13]. Ginnys told me all about her, apparently shell only believe in things as long as theres no proof at all. The Manticore mother appeared in a clearing and attempted to attack them, and they defended themselves against her. 3. Her acting career began in 2007 when she competed in an open audition against nearly 15,000 girls, and won the coveted role of Luna Lovegood in the "Harry Potter" movie franchise. She found the disappointed student sitting with the egg and explained that it was in the best interest of the Thunderbird. The six D.A. Anyway good luck, Ronald! (OP19), Mistletoe, said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harrys head. Luna Lovegood is a witch in Ginny Weasley's year, a brave member of Dumbledore's Army and a Ravenclaw, who is considered a bit weird by her classmates.She comes by this reputation honestly: Luna simply isn't like the other kids at all. The student freed it from its trap, and Luna noticed it took a liking to them. Luna Lovegood Character Analysis. "That was noisier than I thought it would be., You can laugh! to tell them about the Room of Requirement. After Hermione left, Harry asked Luna if she would like to go to Professor Slughorn's Christmas party with him, just as friends, and Luna excitedly accepted his invitation. Few characters are as distinctive . [7], As Qui went down to take care of the student, Luna examined the Thunderbird and saw that she had multiple injuries as well as being poisoned by Runespoor venom. She was very disappointed to find out that the D.A. The point is: Luna's art may have been an acquired taste, but she always kept up her extra-curricular activities, and so should you. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. "You're not going mad. She discovered and classified many species that had never been encountered before, but was never able to find the Crumple-Horned Snorkack. with "A circle has no beginning." Hermione's opinion of Luna particularly seemed to improve after Luna proved her loyalty and bravery by participating in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, as she simply accepted that she and Luna had very different world views. She was a quite extraordinary witch, you know, but she did like to experiment and one of her spells went rather badly wrong one day. The student felt sorry for not being able to do more, but Luna encouraged them to do what they could to heal her. [13] Ginny was also one of the five portraits along with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Neville that Luna painted and hung from her bedroom ceiling, with the word "friends" joining them together in gold writing. members flew to the Ministry and entered the Department of Mysteries, where Luna heard voices coming from behind a Veil, just as Harry did. Her butterbeer cork necklace has only one cork, which she says is to repel Nargles. Krum was pointing at Ginny, who had just joined Luna. I can see them too. I hope youre happy now., Thats no reason for them to take your things, he said flatly. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Quotes from the novel "Daddy, look - one of the gnomes actually bit me!" "Ron can laugh," said Luna serenely, "but my father has done a lot of research on Gernumbli magic." "You look smart. RELATED: Harry Potter: 5 Most Inspirational Luna Lovegood Scenes (& 5 Where Fans Felt Sorry For Her) She showed that she had a very artistic and inventive side in both her fashion sense and her creation of the lion-head mascot. Luna sat at the same table as Harry, Hermione, and Ron. She also contacted a friend living nearby that had access to phoenixes, and requested for some of their tears to heal the Thunderbird. I cannot lose Luna. What did you say, Ron? I don't think I'd have minded," she added thoughtfully. She often wore odd pieces of jewellery such as a Butterbeer cork necklace and Dirigible plum earrings, and in 1996, a pair of Spectrespecs. 15. The two were very friendly, as Ginny led Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom into her train compartment in 1995, conversing politely with her.[5]. She regained focus just before the end of the battle and survived relatively unscathed. Ron and Luna both survived the war, and the good friends remained in contact in adulthood. [25], She led the students to the Forbidden Forest. Luna is seen barefoot throughout the film because students had stolen her shoes. However, this was all changed when Pandora was accidentally killed while experimenting with a spell that she created when Luna was nine years old. Luna may be one of the best female friends of Ginny (along with Hermione), as she was only seen with these girls during her school-time at Hogwarts. Luna seemed to have enjoyed artistic pursuits in her free time; her house was filled with various things that she painted. 26 June 2003 J.K. Rowling at the Royal Albert Hall, SnitchSeeker - J.K. Rowling Talks Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, J.K. Rowling 2012 Interview Harry Potter: Beyond the Page, Battle of the Astronomy Tower participants, Battle of the Department of Mysteries participants. She encountered the unidentified student there and noticed they were a bit muddled, indicating there might be Wrackspurts flying around their head. She is then taken hostage along with all of Harry's companions but is rescued by the appearance of the Order of the Phoenix members (Sirius, Remus, Tonks, Kingsley, and Mad Eye). Luna was a girl who believed in the Blibbering Humdinger and Crumple-Horned Snorkack, while Hermione was someone who disliked 'woolly' subjects like Divination. Evanna Lunch played Luna Lovegood in the "Harry Potter" movies. They met Archibald, who revealed where they would be going, and Luna instructed the students to proceed to the camp. The girl gave off an aura of distinct dottiness. When they all met up again in the forest, Harry planned to go to the Ministry of Magic. ", There are plenty of eyewitness accounts, just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you, Being different isn't a bad thing. And then a silver hare, a boar, and a fox soared past Harry, Ron, and Hermione's heads: The dementors fell back before the creatures' approach. Luna asked Robyn Thistlethwaite and Kevin Farrell to return Borklump to Hagrid, and continued with the unidentified student. I see them too. She brought a suitcase that contained magical creatures including a Hippogriff and several Thunderbirds, and released them when she opened it. Some people call me Loony Lovegood, actually. (OP38), Oh, no, she said, smiling at him. The Death Eaters: A Guide To Who Was Where, Albus Potter and the lesson in Quantum Mechanics. Something is behind me? And this is the first chance weve had to do something real or was that all just a game or something?No of course it wasnt said Harry impatiently.Then we should come too, said Neville simply. Harry Potter and the Order of the PhoenixLuna's perspective on her mother's death, showing her belief in the Afterlife. At the age of fourteen, she was able to conjure a corporeal Patronus a very advanced piece of magic and proof that she possessed superior magical ability. The former headmaster of Hogwarts was revealed to identify as gay by Rowling back in 2007 despite it not being stated or even referenced in the franchise. Neville fought alongside Luna at the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, the Battle of the Astronomy Tower and the Battle of Hogwarts. 15. Luna Lovegood: It's a charm actually. [15][16][21] The student thought perhaps it just hadn't been discovered yet, citing Luna's words about observation, and expressed their willingness to believe in its existence and continue to search for it when they became a Magizoologist. With the death of her mother when she was nine years old, Luna was raised solely by her father. Luna is the only one of Harry's close school friends who is not a fellow Gryffindor. She also said a few words to Dobby during his funeral. There, she stunned Alecto Carrow, who was waiting for them per Lord Voldemort's orders. They're working to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using a mixture of dark magic and gum disease." J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Luna was born on 13 February 1981, the only child of Xenophilius and Pandora Lovegood. The Death Eaters manage to retrieve Tom Riddle's diary from a safe in the Ministry, but this is taken from them by Ron, who rescues Luna and Neville.The three join Hermione outside the Room of . members to come to the trio's assistance when they tried to save Sirius Black, during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries.[5]. Well, I wouldnt respect anything else from someone whose father runs The Quibbler.Harry thought of the sinister winged horses he had seen on the night he had arrived and how Luna had said she could see them too. She also wears a beetle ring. [7], Deep into the desert, Luna found the feathers and marks of what could only have been a Thunderbird, and called out to the students to let them see and report to her about their findings. Because of her father's political dissidence at the time, Luna was abducted by Death Eaters to be held ransom, and imprisoned in the dungeons of Malfoy Manor for months. [7], Robyn and Kevin were at the time using Omnioculars to inspect the field, so she and the unidentified student joined them. He's just too polite to say it. "I don't think you should be an Auror, Harry," said Luna unexpectedly. Yes, Luna Lovegood is a good person. The student regretted trusting Qui and vowed to bring the egg back, which reminded Luna of someone she knew that was also dedicated to finding the truth. Okay, good Monologues for teen girls. After the failed ambush Xeno was taken to Azkaban prison for the remainder of the war. And anyway, its not as though Ill never see Mum again, is it?Er isnt it? said Harry uncertainly.She shook her head in disbelief. Theyve always pulled the carriages. Luna had a unique fashion sense that other people usually found bizarre. A little while later, she created a diversion so that Harry could slip away from the victory celebrations with Ron and Hermione, and have a little break. My mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. ", Thank you so much, Dobby, for rescuing me from that cellar. You're just as sane as I am.". In the films, Harry meets her at the school carriages where she is introduced by Hermione instead of Ginny. At Hogwarts Quidditch matches, Luna supported Gryffindor against every House except Ravenclaw; to show her support for Gryffindor, she would wear a hat in the shape of a lion head that roars, and to show support for Ravenclaw she would wear an eagle hat with flapping wings. If you consider Luna your life inspiration, try and let go of your concerns if, say, you lose your keys. Hermione's so logical and inflexible in so many ways and Luna is likely to believe ten impossible things before breakfast. On 1 September, Death Eaters boarded the train in search of Harry Potter, but were unsuccessful in capturing him because he wasn't on board. Often it refers to a combination of both that encompasses the character's mix of confidence, dreamy demeanor, and unconventional belief system. ", Daddy, look one of the gnomes actually bit me!. When Luna was abducted by Death Eaters in 1997 to force Xenophilius to stop opposing the Voldemort-controlled Ministry of Magic in The Quibbler, her father was beside himself. His spirits sank slightly. Luna then guided both the injured Ginny and the Confunded Ron until they met up with Harry and Neville. [13] She even painted very life-like portraits of her friends that seemed to breathe. Luna wondered what it had to do with the test, and Archibald said it was about preparing for any possible situation. [6], Luna's demeanour and voice were often distant and dreamy; she would drift away from a conversation she did not find interesting. Her mother accidentally died while experimenting with spells when Luna was nine and thus Luna was raised by her father, editor of the magazine The Quibbler, in a rook-like house near the village of Ottery St Catchpole in Devon. She wore robes made of the flags of all sixteen qualifying countries, but her twins were at home with their grandpa and did not come. Luna reminded Harry about the Thestrals and suggested using them to get to the Ministry. [19], In her third year at Hogwarts, she chose Divination as an elective, as in the 19961997 school year Professor Trelawney claimed to miss her in class; Luna explained she had Firenze that year. [7], The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. r/lunalovegoodnsfw: Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. Unaware of the destination, the students speculated where they were headed. She married Rolf Scamander, the grandson of Newt Scamander, a famed Magizoologist, with whom she had twin sons, Lorcan and Lysander. Luna and Neville Longbottom, a Gryffindor student, first met on the Hogwarts Express, in 1995. Her father believed that wearing sun colours to weddings brought luck. They're working from within to bring down the Ministry of Magic using a combination of Dark magic and gum disease.Luna after Harry Potter discussed his wish to become an Auror, Luna believed in many things that few others do; given her inclination towards superstition, she would have probably liked Divination. They float in through your ears and make your brain go fuzzy, she said. J. K. Rowling has said that the character of Luna took her by surprise, but that she was very fun to write, and contrasted her with Hermione Granger: "She's slightly out of step in many ways but she's the anti-Hermione. Luna was wearing what looked like a pair of orange radishes for earrings, a fact that Parvati and Lavender seemed to have noticed, as they were both giggling and pointing at her earlobes. When Luna's father attempted to turn Harry, Ron and Hermione over to Death Eaters in exchange for his daughter's safety in 1998, Hermione engineered their escape so that the Death Eaters saw Harry briefly, thus ensuring that both Luna and her father were not harmed.[13]. Luna witnessed Harry Potter's final defeat of Lord Voldemort and was among the first to congratulate him. Upon landing, she quickly taught the unidentified student a few things about how to make friends with magical creatures, such as drawing their attention with berries and waiting for them to accept the human's presence. Some time during her early years at Hogwarts students had also taken to calling her "Loony Lovegood". ", Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end if not always in the way we expect., Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Oh, come on. [5], Harry and Hermione drew Umbridge away into the Forbidden Forest, and Luna, Ginny, Ron, and Neville managed to escape from the Inquisitorial Squad using a variety of hexes and jinxes. She watched some students playing on the Quidditch pitch with Hagrid and spotted the Manticores on the field, heading towards the Forbidden Forest. (cheerfully to DEMENTOR) Happy thoughts. Here are 10 facts about the Hogwarts student. "[43] Rowling has named Luna as one of her favourite characters. She also fought in the big battle that brought the attacks to an end, and was there with her comrades when Harry Potter arrived and cast the final Patronus Charm. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood PrinceLuna and Harry discuss their friendship in 1996, When Harry Potter first met Luna in 1995, he found her rather odd, but was grateful that she was one of the few people to believe his story that Lord Voldemort had returned, and sympathised with the loss of her mother and her status as an outcast.