Whisk together jello and boiling water until fully dissolved, in a large bowl. Let it thicken. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. You can use a bowl. We are compensated for referring traffic. If using a 9 inch crush, you will have some excess filling. As it turns out, theres plenty you can do with it, and I have 25 Jell-O recipes here to back up that claim. Transfer to a clean serving bowl, then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. can crushed pineapple drained, reserving 1 cup juice 1 cup sour cream 1 cup thawed Cool Whip 1 cup mini marshmallows Instructions Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray; set aside. Chill until thickened, but not set, about 1 1/2 hours. Refrigerate until thickened to the consistency of egg whites, about 1 hour. vanilla pudding, cool whip, pineapple, jello, mini marshmallows and 2 more Cottage Cheese Jello Salad II Thailand 1 Dollar Meals Cool Whip whipped topping, crushed pineapple, gelatin, jello and 1 more The only thing better than Jell-O with plenty of fruit and fruit juice in it is Jell-O with plenty of fruit, fruit juice, and red wine! We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. or until thickened. 6 ounces Jello lime gelatin 2 small boxes 2 cups boiling water 1 cup cold water 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple drained 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese 8 ounces Cool whip whipped topping 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans Instructions Place the lime gelatin in a large mixing bowl. Be the first to rate this post. Insanely Good Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Thank you, Add mashed pears and use pear juice in with the water. Pie is a classic dessert to share with family, whether it's a holiday, potluck, or dinner together. Whisk the jello mix and boiling water until fully dissolved. . Prepare Dream Whip according to the package directions. Next, whisk in 1 cup of cold water. Personally I do not knowingly eat anything with big chunks of Walnuts in it as they are disgusting, again to me. When slightly set, mix in cool whip. There should be no large lumps of the whipped topping. But, its still an option. Directions Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. Whip partially set Jello until fluffy. Chances are you already have everything on hand to make this delightful salad. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin powder, stirring until dissolved. Copyright 2023, Real Housemoms. Once its ready, top it with Cool Whip and crushed pecans for a bit of crunch. Creamy Lime Pear Jello Parfaits Happy Food, Healthy Life sliced almonds, cream cheese, jello, pears, cool whip Strawberry Pretzel Salad Caramel Potatoes cool whip, boiling water, sugar, jello, crusted, strawberries and 4 more NO-BAKE PEACHES & CREAM BARS Butter With A Side Of Bread While cake cools make the jello. Fold in the cool whip. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs. It combines pears, jello, cream cheese, and fresh whipped cream to make a light and spongey, perfectly-1950s jello side dish. Spray a bundt pan lightly with cooking spray and pour the lime jello salad into the pan. Combine boiling water, lime jello and lime juice in a medium bowl. My family makes a version of this for special occasions such as Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. When the gelatin is thick, whip the evaporated milk in a chilled bowl with chilled beaters until thick enough to form peaks like whipped cream. Whisk for a further 5 - 10 minutes until the mixture has increased in volume and is light and bubbly. Chill the pie for at least 6 hours (preferably overnight) before slicing. STEP ONE: In a mixing bowl, whisk the lime-flavored jello mix and 1/2 cup of boiling water together until the jello powder is fully dissolved. Hey there! Fill the remaining space with water. RESERVE 1 Tbsp. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Meringue Cake with Whipped Cream and Raspberries. Mamas Green Christmas Salad was similar, but she used 16 oz. Set aside. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! With Cool Whip and slices of real strawberries, its much more substantial, as well. 1 (8 oz.) Read my disclosure policy. You can add mashed pears in with the pineapple & use the pear juice as part of the liquid. Sign up for our newsletter and get our cookbook. Mix crush Oreo cookies with the melted butter and press into the bottom of a large pie pan or 9 X 12 inch baking dish and set aside. Watergate Jello Salad is an easy-to-prepare, classic recipe. 1 can sweetened condensed milk cup Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime 8 oz. Mix cream cheese and pineapple in large bowl. Make sure to drain the pineapple and oranges well so that no water or syrup . Fold in Cool Whip and chill 1-2 hours before serving. Pour into desired serving dish. Add the lime Jell-o mixes to the boiling pineapple juice/water and stir until dissolved. Whisk in the cream cheese until well blended. For St. Pattys, I would add an extra tablespoon of the green lime jello powder for an extra pop of color. size lime Jello. Once the gelatin mixture has cooled, add the key lime pie yogurt. Part of the legal agreement between Woodward and Wait dealt with the similar Jell-O name.". It is a light sweet especially good after a heavy meal or during warm weather. Small chunks may remain which is fine. Mix that with crushed pineapples, whole berry cranberry sauce, and orange zest. mold (or a small cake pan) and chill . Thoroughly whisk the jello mix with hot and cold water according to package directions. You can use whatever flavors you like, but I tend to stick pretty closely to the given recipe. Cool in refrigerator until beginning to thicken but not set. Top with whipped cream (or Cool Whip) and a cherry when serving. The base is jiggly lime Jell-O, and the top is equally jiggly cherry Jell-O. Mix all ingredients together. This would be called Lime Delight. To help gelatin slip seamlessly out of the mold, dip the mold in warm water for about 10 seconds before . Stir in the drained pineapple. Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust. As long as this no bake jello pie remains chilled, it will last for 2-3 days in the fridge. Thats what youll get with this orange creamsicle Jell-O mold. This triple-layer dessert is so shiny and bright that it almost doesnt look real. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. Once jello is dissolved add 1/2 cup cold water. Stephanie is the author of CopyKat.com's Dining Out in the Home, and CopyKat.com's Dining Out in the Home 2. Using a potato masher or a fork, mash them together . Refrigerate pie filling in the bowl for 30 minutes. The name of this slushie confection pretty much tells you everything you need to know about this half-drink/half-dessert. Beat until blended. Made with 2% milk, Fat Free Cool Whip, and Sugar Free/Fat Free Pudding mix! If you are serving this as a dessert, stir in the sugar. Its bright pastel color also make it pretty enough for Easter. I remember one day she can home excited and declared, I have a new recipe Im going to try out! Its been on our holiday tables for many years since that time. There are also fresh strawberries, bananas, crushed pineapples, and chopped pecans. Cover and whirl until smooth. These ingredients give the whole dish a unique, complex flavor that everyone will enjoy. Im Kim. These classic Jell-O recipes will take you back to your childhood! I like to top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and lime slice. All youll need is boiled water, gelatin, and whatever fruit juice you want to flavor it. This key lime pie will get you in the mood for warmer weather and relaxing days. Im Aubrey. Mix cream cheese and pineapple in large bowl. Yeah, Mama knew, even though she tried to act put-out with us. Boil the water. Instructions. As much as I like pistachios, I think that the lime flavor give this dessert a nice, tangy taste. Blend in cream cheese. Beat in Cream Cheese. Add drained crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, and Cool Whip whipped topping. I used the pineapple juice as part of the 1 cup cold water and it did not gel. Chill until partially set; then whip with a mixer. Stir in crushed pineapple with juice. All youll need to make it is peach Jell-O, unflavored gelatin, water, condensed milk, and sliced peaches. Serve garnished with fresh lime slices and whipped cream. You can use mayo in place of the whipped topping. Is this an imitation crab salad? This isnt too sweet and is a perfect side dish for a meal. If you havent tried this creamy sweet lime green Jello salad you are missing out on a real treat. Mix until thoroughly combined. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Unmold the gelatin onto a serving dish and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Set aside. I'll show you how. It has a crunchy and crumbly graham cracker crust and a smooth, creamy Jell-O and Cool Whip filling. Hell no to the mayonnaise. STEP ONE: In a mixing bowl, whisk the lime-flavored jello mix and 1/2 cup of boiling water together until the jello powder is fully dissolved. Also, my mom added about 1/4 cup of sugar to the jello salad. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 - 5 days. Jell-O must be put in a refrigerator until served, and once set, it can be eaten. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Not only do those particular colors look nice together, but the flavors also complement each other very well. Required fields are marked *, COPYRIGHT 2023 COPYKAT RECIPES PRIVACY POLICY. Add pineapple, beating briefly. Put the rest of the crumbs into a bowl and pass around the table at serving time. and 1/2 cup cold water. Top the whole thing off with Cool Whip and sliced almonds, and youll have a dessert that the entire family will love. Youll make your top and bottom layers from peach Jell-O, and the middle layer combines sweet cream and sliced peaches. They used to call it green stuff but when the Grandma made once with a strawberry or cherry jello, still with no extra water, and it becomes a pink color, so when the grandkids saw this, they called it pink green stuff or sometimes it would be green pink stuff. Add ice water to jello mixture and stir until ice is completely melted and mixture begins to thicken. Please try again. Then mix it with a beater until its mixed and light colored. I know others like Walnuts, but to each their own. However, the cottage cheese, marshmallows, and cool whip definitely make it a dessert. Once the jello mixture is mixed, begin to fold in the cool whip until the pie filling is fully combined and smooth. Like most Jell-O recipes, it takes only a few minutes to prepare, but it needs to set for about 4 hours before serving it. It has a zesty lemon crust topped with an equally tangy lemon cream cheese layer. Whisk lime gelatin into boiling water and stir until dissolved. Refrigerate until ready to use. Make it early, though, because it still takes about 4 and a half hours to set. Whipped Jell-O mandarin orange mousse is similar to the orange creamsicle Jell-O mold, but its smoother and creamier. *. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 913 inch baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. The strawberry and strawberry-banana Jell-O in this Jell-O mold are only the tips of the iceberg when it comes to deliciousness. STEP SIX: Place it back in the refrigerator covered for at least 5 hours (overnight preferred). The jello fluff salad is delicious at this point. I believe Waldorf salad has coconut flakes and miniature marshmellows in it as well. Heat water/juice to boiling. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us, 25 Homemade Salsa Recipes That Are Fresh and Delicious, 13 Best Frozen Yogurt Recipes (Easy Dessert), 33 Homemade Jam Recipes We Cant Get Enough Of. can crushed pineapple. All the ingredients are white and green. So, the next time youre craving something a little outside the box like sparkling grapefruit Jell-O or (heaven forbid) beet Jell-O you can whip it up in practically no time. Your email address will not be published. Remember how wonderfully orange-flavored it was? This search takes into account your taste preferences, lime, jello, cool whip, crust, boiling water, boiling water, vanilla pudding mix, lime zest, milk, cool whip and 5 more, crushed pineapple, butter, cream cheese, pretzels, lime, sugar and 6 more, lemon, jello, jello, cherry, cool whip, grape, lime, pretzels, cream cheese, cinnamon, brown sugar, cool whip, fresh peaches and 4 more, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, cool whip, white cake mix, strawberries and 7 more, granulated sugar, cool whip, butter, frozen raspberries, sugar and 4 more, boiling water, milk, white cake mix, cool whip, sliced strawberries and 3 more, boiling water, jello, cool whip, boiling water, cool whip, cold water and 4 more, strawberries, sliced strawberries, water, cool whip, Jell-O, boiling water and 4 more, crushed pineapple with juice, cool whip, cherry pie filling, boiling water and 5 more, white cake mix, cool whip, jello, boiling water, jello, boiling water, cool whip, confectioners sugar, graham cracker pie crust and 4 more, cold water, cool whip, boiling water, sugar, brown sugar, butter and 4 more, cool whip, cream cheese, jello, strawberries, strawberries, cool whip and 3 more, water, cool whip, peaches, cream cheese, cornstarch, graham cracker crumbs and 4 more, Cool Whip whipped topping, graham cracker crust, jello, sour cream, jello, Jell-O, sour cream, cool whip, boiling water, jello, instant vanilla pudding, cool whip, milk, butter, whole milk, sandwich cookies, jello, cold milk, mini marshmallows and 3 more, cream cheese, cool whip, salted butter, crushed pretzels, jello and 4 more, jello, cool whip, cottage cheese, mandarin oranges, jello, berry, fresh blueberries, instant vanilla pudding, white cake mix and 2 more, water, blueberries, strawberries, large eggs, french vanilla cake mix and 5 more, cottage cheese, mini marshmallows, jello, mandarin oranges, cool whip, lemon, jello, powdered sugar, water, eggs, oil, lemon, cool whip and 2 more, mini marshmallows, mandarin oranges, Daisy Cottage Cheese, cool whip and 1 more, watermelon, graham cracker crust, sugar, water, jello, graham cracker crumbs and 2 more, lime juice, water, butter, sugar substitute, cool whip, Melba toast and 1 more, whole berry cranberry sauce, crushed pineapple, chopped pecans and 6 more, jello, orange juice, Orange, cool whip, instant vanilla pudding and 4 more, cold milk, cool whip, instant pudding, jello, sugar, nuts, melted butter and 5 more, Striped Delight vintage dessert recipe (1985). Rinse an 8 cup mold and fill with the gelatin mixture. This Lime Jello Pie recipe is cool, light, and refreshing making it the perfect follow-up to any meal. You can lightly toast the pecans if desired. May decorate with Cool Whip before serving if desired. No votes so far! Then in 1899, Jell-O was sold to Orator Francis Woodward (18561906), whose Genesee Pure Food Company produced the successful Grain-O health drink. Lock up your recipe box because this is one easy key lime pie recipe that you won't want to share. Add ice; stir 2 min. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Instructions. Mix and let partially set (I stick mine in the fridge for about 20 minutes and it becomes partially set enough for me) While jello is partially setting, In a large bowl, cream cream cheese and sugar together. These are great for an after-dinner treat or even for a mid-day pick-me-up. The powder contains powderedgelatinand flavorings, includingsugarorartificial sweeteners. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least until set, about 4 hours. Instructions. This salad has the best of both worlds crunchy and creamy, salty and sweet (with a little bit of tang, as well) and is perfect for summer. Fold the whipped milk into the gelatin. lg. Whisk in the yogurt and frozen whipped topping until smooth. Stir in sugar and dissolve. Together, the three layers make a tart and tangy treat with just a hint of sweetness. Differences: Pistachio pudding powder only(6 oz box), no water, use the cool whip or the store brand of it and very, very well drained pineapple and the cottage cheese for any needed liquid. SALAD. Step 1: Using a strainer, drain the pineapple away from the juice into a small bowl and set both the bowl with the pineapple and the juice aside. Spiced peach jello salad made with peaches, cinnamon, and cloves tastes like a juicy peach pie in jello form. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Remembershe made it for us, made sure it was green and called it salad {]:< ] ~. The middle, though, combines plenty of ingredients for a tasty, creamy texture thats hard to beat. Instructions. I dont recall whipped cream for some reason??? Ingredients: 5(cheese .. jello .. marshmallows .. whip ), Ingredients: 6(cheese .. jello .. sugar .. whip ), Ingredients: 9(cream .. crumbs .. gelatins .. juice .. sugar ), Ingredients: 8(cheese .. jello .. mayonnaise .. milk .. pineapple ), Ingredients: 7(cherries .. jello .. nuts .. pineapple .. whip ), Prepare cherry Jell-O in a and then let. While broken glass Jell-O actually tastes very good, most people love it for its unique appearance rather than its flavor, which is mostly tart, thanks to all the different Jell-O varieties. Mix with a spatula to combine.Spread evenly on the bottom and sides of a pie dish . You can use whatever flavors you like, but I tend to stick pretty closely to the given recipe. If you're looking for the perfect take-along for a picnic or potluck, this Cool Whip Key Lime Pie is just the thing! Pour into mold or large serving bowl. Fill a 1 cup measure with ice cubes. 3 Mix pineapple and cottage cheese together and chill. If you lived through the 90s like me, itll transport you right back to them in the best way. Cool cake for 20 to 25 minutes. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy. Popcorn Teacher Gifts with Free Printables, Homemade Magic Shell & Ice Cream Social Printables. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Retro Housewife Goes Green, 5 Easy Ways to Start Your Paperless Kitchen. From the top, blueberry Jell-O salad looks more like a cake than Jell-O, and that makes it much more fun when people cut into it and find that theres a wiggly Jell-O base beneath the cream cheese icing. If you've been searching the internet for the best . They have a gorgeous diagonal split right down the middle, dividing the fruit and Jell-O layer from the Jell-O mousse layer. It looks yummy already. You know, the kind you maybe used to buy after chasing down the ice cream truck in your neighborhood. If you have fun cookie cutters, you can make them into unique shapes, as well. Any change someone knows what it is? We kids called this our greens and salad and would convince Mama we were being doubly good, because of Christmas. In 1897, inLeRoy, New York, carpenter, and cough syrup manufacturer, Pearle Bixby Wait trademarked a gelatin dessert, called Jell-O. For Christmas, I would add somemaraschino cherries for that red and green contrast. Crust: The best, and easiest, thing to do is buy a prepared 10 inch Graham cracker pie crust. water, vegetable oil and eggs (ingredients listed on back of cake mic) 2 tsp grated lemon peel 1 cup boiling water 3 oz lime-flavored gelatin Frosting 1 envelope Dream whip 1 package instant lemon pudding 1 1/2 cups milk 1 tub Cool whip or 2 cups whipped cream Grated lemon AND lime peel Instructions Preheat oven to 350. Add 1 cup cold water into mixture and stir to combine. directions Combine jello and hot water; stir until jello is dissolved. When the gelatin is thick, whip the evaporated milk in a chilled bowl with chilled beaters until thick enough to form peaks like whipped cream. Serve cold. ingredients Units: US 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip 1 (3 ounce) box sugar-free lime gelatin 8 ounces cream cheese directions Make Jello according to package directions. The mini marshmallows add a nice fluffy texture. Add jello. Together, these ingredients make a sweet and fruity mold thatll have you coming back for more. This image courtesy of thegunnysack.com. All Rights Reserved. This three-tiered dessert is perfect for Christmas. Step 2. Then gently folded in pineapple, drained. Combine cottage cheese, pineapple, and gelatin in a bowl, stirring well. But now that you do know about it, that means you can easily make your own homemade marshmallows using any color/flavor of Jell-O that you like! 1 large box (6 ounce) lime jello 1- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in it's own juice (DO NOT DRAIN) 1 cup chopped pecans 1 - 8 ounce cream cheese, softened to room temperature 1 - 8 ounce frozen whipped topping, thawed Instructions Make jello according to package instructions, but leave out 1/2 cup of cold water everyone thought it was Waldorf salad. Next, whisk in 1 cup of cold water. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Top it with whipped cream and raspberries for an extra special delight. This recipe is super quick to make and the jello doesn't need to be prepared first. Boil 1 cup water. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Lime jello, cool whip, and a crumbly Graham cracker crust come together in just 5 minutes to create this tasty chilled pie. In a medium bowl, whisk together the gelatin and boiling water until dissolved. Stir to combine. STEP FIVE: Add the cottage cheese mixture to the now cooled jello and mix. Combine until very smooth. Step 2: In a larger bowl, add the softened cream cheese and set it aside. Dissolve jello in hot water. Whisk until the gelatin is dissolved. It has cottage cheese, crushed pineapples, and walnuts, and chances are your gramma might have made it a time or two when you were younger. The bottom half is fruity, tart, and wiggly. Bake the cake according to package directions in a 9 by 13-inch pan. Fold the Cool Whip in with the other ingredients until combined. Like I mentioned earlier, you can add some maraschino cherries for a more festive, Christmas look. You dont have to enjoy this one for special occasions you can make it any night of the week. Stir over low heat until Jello is dissolved. It does taste good. Add water to fill to the 2-cup line. In a large bowl, stir together the lime jello powder and boiling water until the jello dissolves. With or without the optional garnishes of heavy cream, sugar, cranberries, mint sprigs, and orange zest, this lovely, tasty dish is one you wont want to miss. If youre looking for a great side dish for Thanksgiving dinner or any fall meal, cranberry Jell-O salad is ideal. Well, its kind of both. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a062ee4a3c791114c36eb45b37c8505a" );document.getElementById("d55fec7b51").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Ive been googling the ingredients to the recipe and it appears to be some kind of a variation on the Watergate Salad. The Cool Whip, strawberries, and mint leaf toppings add a touch of elegance to each cup. She always insisted we had at least one green vegetable with dinner, be it beans, peas, greens, or salad. I recreate your favorite restaurant recipes, so you can prepare these dishes at home. STEP SEVEN: To remove the jello mold from the . I am not sure what this might be. As soon as the pear liquid comes to a boil, pour it into the bowl with the Jell-O and stir constantly until the Jell-O is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes; set aside. In a mixing bowl, stir together the mayo and evaporated milk. Real Housemoms started as a way to share recipes with friends, now I just have a lot more friends! 1 (6-8 oz.) sm. cream cheese (mixed with jello water) in place of cottage cheese. Move mixture to a large measuring cup or bowl. Beat until blended. Heres a list of what you need: If you have never made a Jello salad, you will find that they are very easy to make.