Continue to saut over medium heat until the mushrooms are soft and the onions are transparent. In a large skillet, brown the beef over medium high heat with the onion and mushroom until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Mix with an electric mixer until fully combined. Drain off any grease. So far we are VERY pleased with the taste and ease of 99% of what weve tried. Thats easy. I then swapped out the tomato soup for tomato sauce, which is very similar butwithout the huge amounts of sugar that tomato soup is usually hiding. Ground beef, onions, and Worcestershire sauce give this savory pie the same flavors as your classic burger recipe. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. I added grated carrot and zucchini. Plus, a casserole inspired by sloppy joesyep, the meatiest sandwich of them all! I did change some things. Cook the beef over medium heat until the meat is fully browned. baking dish coated with cooking spray. I discovered this trick in my newest cookbook called Casserole Treasury that I found in the coolest bookstore in Paris, Shakespeare and Company. Get the Italian Basil Beef and Shells recipe at Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the beef and mushroom mixture. Its handy to have several bags of cooked meat to be able to pull out of the freezer, thaw it out, and have it ready for the casserole. 1 tsp garlic salt (with parsley flakes) pepper 2 c macaroni noodles uncooked 1 c grated cheddar cheese more, if needed, to cover the casserole Instructions Preheat the oven to 350F Boil the macaroni according to the direction on the package and drain. The sauce is made with a combination of both ground beef and ground sausage. You get all the classic flavors of lasagna, but in individual roll-ups instead. Instructions. These beef enchiladas have a supermarket hack that makes them so easy: canned enchilada sauce! Adding everything bagel seasoning to the slider rolls in this nostalgic casserole dish gives it an updated twist, but you could also sesame seeds for a more classic flavor. Drain the grease and add it to a large bowl. My international readers alwaysask what tomato sauce is, so let me show you :) Its basically pured tomatoes, with just a little salt and seasoning (onion, garlic, etc.). Season the beef with a little salt . Its down-home, country-style cooking! Par cook the egg noodles a couple minutes under package instructions so that they dont get mushy while cooking in the oven. Once it's baked, simply serve with mashed potatoes for the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Best paired with any roasted item. You can cook the ground beef for your meal, or place it in an airtight container and refrigerate it for when youre ready to use it. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. I put about 2/3 of it into a 9 x 13. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Your email address will not be published. The starch is simple enough to add, pick something like potatoes (tater tots), pasta, or rice and choose a binder such as cream of chicken plus a little extra milk, sour cream, or water so it's not too dry. We (Back To My Southern Roots) are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. The noodles will finish cooking while the casserole bakes. Served with cilantro on top. More ground beef casserole recipe ideas that you might enjoy: 4-Ingredient Ground Beef Casserole Ground Beef Casserole with Egg Noodles {Amish Hamburger Casserole} Add frozen corn and peas with half of frozen tater tots, 1 cup of cheese and condensed soups. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cook on low until liquid is reduced and flavors have blended, about 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 45 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes - Ground Beef Casseroles Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. Hi Jennifer! A few of our favorite side dish ideas are listed below. Add soup, water and mushrooms. Pour beef mixture over chips. Continue to saut over medium heat until the mushrooms are soft and the onions are transparent. Get the Cheesy Spinach and Beef Casserole recipe at The Dinner Bell. Preheat oven to 350. Cover with tin foil. Nutrition Sugar: 1g : Calcium: 22mg Calories: 230kcal This Creamy Beef and Mushroom Casserole is filled with hearty ground beef, tender mushrooms and rice nestled in a creamy sauce. Thanks! Repeat layers. Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Add onion slices and celery cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent and soft. This recipe looks yummy! This one is another hit. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Transfer the mixed casserole ingredients to a 913 inch casserole dish. ground beef, garlic cloves, milk, fresh mushrooms, cheese, carrots and 11 more Meaty Pasta Ratatouille Rag eggplant, sliced mushrooms, ragu old world style pasta sauc, green peas and 5 more Beef and Mushroom Casserole can also be frozen. Sprinkle the remainder of the shredded cheese on top and cover with tin foil. Instead of cream of mushroom soup, I used sour cream and real mushrooms to give a similar effect. remains and vegetables are tender. Whisk 1/4 cup water into the condensed soup until smooth. Questions & Replies Sign In Its a great way of life, just saying. NUTRITION Makes 4 Servings Amount Per Serving (44-inch square): Even better this hamburger beef stroganoff takes less than 25 minutes to make and the whole family will love it! Get the Stuffed Cabbage Casserole recipe. Brown the ground beef with the onion, and then add the cream of chicken soup, chilies, spices, and cheese. Drain the fat off the meat. Pile the shredded cheddar cheese right on top. In the same skillet, brown the onions until soft. Add seasonings as desired. Get the Cheesy Ground Beef and Cauliflower Rice Casserole recipe at Diethood. Subscribe to email updates for new recipes delivered to your inbox! While the noodles are cooking, finely dice the onion and slice the mushrooms. It's also topped with a layer of cheese and served up with pickles and ketchup for dipping. In a large bowl, combine the soup, cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, butter, thyme and salt. With creamy egg noodles and a hearty meat sauce, everything about this casserole is comforting. If you're trying to eat healthier this year, this easy casserole dish is for you. Ground beef casseroles always get eaten in my house as my kids are big fans of pretty much any meal with hamburger. The casserole recipe is pure comfort food. Drain in a colander. Toss together this ground beef and egg noodle casserole with just a handful of ingredients. Full printable recipe with ingredients, measurements, and instructions listed at the bottom of the post on the recipe card. Drain any fat, then transfer the beef mixture to a large casserole dish (913) mix in the mushroom soup, sour cream, rice, and beef broth. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Beef & Mushroom Country Casserole is a filling and flavorful hot meal that the whole family will love, and with NO cream of soups! :), Okay, so maybe I could have cut back on the cheese just a little but nahhhhh. Cover and bake in a 325 degree F oven for about 20 minutes, or just until heated through. But it still has all the beef and veggies in a rich gravy sauce that you know and love. Good idea with the cheese on the leftovers. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until completely browned and crumbly, 7 to 10 minutes. . Start by cooking the ground beef. Just like the classic sandwich, this twist on Philly cheesesteak is loaded with peppers, onions, and provolone cheese. After removing from the oven, sprinkle the remaining green onions over top. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. I also added salt & pepper, onion & garlic powders, fresh garlic, and cayenne powder while cooking my meat and veggies to add flavour. Budget Bytes Recipes Meat Recipes Beef Recipes Beef and Mushroom Country Casserole. Your email address will not be published. This little one dish wonder is great to get a meat, veggie and starch all in one dish. Preheat oven to 400F. When beef is about half cooked, add onion, celery and red pepper flakes then continue cooking until beef is cooked through and veggies are starting to become translucent. This is a great weeknight dinner, mostly because it's so fun! You can replace the sour cream with an equal amount of full-fat plain yogurt or full-fat plain Greek yogurt. Home Dishes & Beverages Pasta Dishes Baked Pasta. Ground beef can turn brown when it has been exposed to air for an extended period of time, whether in the fridge or at room temperature. 15 . Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework. In a medium bowl, whisk together the condensed soup and the milk. The crackers really make it special. Add of the beef mixture over top. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside. Stir to combine and then transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Bring a pot of water to boil and begin to cook egg noodles according to package directions. 1 lb ground beef; 1/2 diced yellow onion; 1 can cream of mushroom soup; 1 can drained green beans; 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese; 28oz bag of frozen tater tots; 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce; salt, pepper and garlic to taste; Start off by browning the ground beef with the chopped onion in a medium size skillet. ground beef and rice, ground beef casserole, Mushroom, Terms of Use Disclosure & Privacy Policies. Every once in a while the photos break and I have to go in and fix them, so thank you for letting me know! Thats why Im always looking for new casserole ideas, particularly with ground beef. You can switch up the rice, cheese, or spices depending on what you have handy. Ground Beef Country Casserole is packed with all your favorite comfort foods. 20 Birthday Gifts for Friends You Havent Thought of Yet, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information, 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained. Thank you, Julie, I subbed mushroom for cream of chicken and followed the recipe.The flavours were awesome. Stir until combined. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with olive oil. He happens to be over all the time since all the cousins live next door to each other, all 10 of them. What to make with ground beef and cream of mushroom soup? Food and Cooking Meals and Menus 45 Easy Ground Beef Casserole Recipes That Are Perfect for Dinner This is comfort food at its best! Anyone else's stomachs rumbling? Copyright 2023 These Old Cookbooks Disclosure, Disclaimer, and Privacy Policies Accessibility, Ground Beef and Egg Noodle Casserole Easy Hamburger Noodle Casserole. Stuffed peppers are so versatile when it comes to weeknight dinner. I made this a few weeks ago and it was AMAZING. Pour the soup, mushrooms (optional), vegetables, and beef broth into the skillet with the ground beef. It is not recommended to do this more than one time. Thanks for sharing. Pour the cooked meat and onions into the 9x13 pan. in the baking dish, beat 2 eggs with 1/4 cup milk and pour it over the top. Great recipe! Once cooked, drain the noodles and set it aside. We love the gooey, saucy deliciousness of this classic baked pasta. Stir everything to combine. Cinco de Mayo Dessert Recipes 25 delicious ideas! creamy hamburger noodle casserole, easy hamburger noodle casserole, ground beef and egg noodle casserole, recipes with egg noodles and ground beef.