Did this hike in 2020 and the parking lot was full and cars parked on the main road for at least a kilometre. Quite muddy, but it is April. Really nice walk for inexperienced hikers and young kids (we went with a 4 year old and a 7 week old (in a carrier). Foot traffic on this trail can be extremely high during the summer weekends. If youre a reader with a question, please contact me here. You can check out the trail here. Mono Cliffs contains a significant section of the Niagara Escarpment, including crevice caves, an upland limestone plain, and talus slopes. 10 north from Orangeville to Mono Centre Rd. So if you arrive at 10 AM and want to hike for 3 hrs, youll need to purchase 2 blocks (8-12 and 12-4) or just the full day pass. The view from there was mesmerizing as we could see green valley far and wide. We did go to loop around the Dufferin forest for sometime and it is beautiful in its own way. I went there on a Saturday and I was shocked to find out that not only the parking lot was full, cars were parked on both sides of the street, stretching maybe 2 km. If youre interested in spending more time in the area or grabbing a bit to eat after your hike, this is a great option! Follow this for 6.1 km and keep left onto 2nd Line for another 1.4 km to find roadside parking on the right. Where is the best place to hike in Mono Cliffs Provincial Park? Beautiful and well marked trails! Generally considered a moderately challenging route, it takes an average of 2 h 58 min to complete. This is a gorgeous walk through the stunning Mono Cliffs Park. We even saw two people on horses, which our 4 year old loved seeing. Mono Cliffs Provincial Park offers beautiful, serene natural surroundings. clifftop trail mono cliffs. It was a beautiful experience indeed. Hiking at Rattlesnake Point: A piece of wilderness just outside Toronto, How to Experience the Magic of Georgian Bay Islands National Park, 5 Incredible Destinations for Backcountry Camping in Ontario, Paddling & Hiking Near Kingston: Discover the Frontenac Arch Biosphere, My Top Must, Should and Could Things To Do in Kauai, My Favourite Things to do in Vancouver The Ultimate Locals Guide, 22 Must-Read Outdoor Adventure Books (Updated 2022), 11 Ontario Canoe Trips With Little-to-No Portaging, And the Bruce Trail (which ventures through parts of the South Outlier Trail, Walter Tovell Trail, Cliff-Top Side Trail and McCarstons Lake Trail). more, Algonquin Provincial Park Day Tour from Toronto, Killarney Provincial Park and French River, Exhilarating 120km Aerial Tour of Toronto with iflyTOTO, Toronto Aerial Tour with Niagara Winery Tasting Tour with iflyTOTO, Intro to Pottery wheel /clay making in Bronte Harbour, Oakville, Ontario, Niagara Falls One Day Sightseeing Tour from Toronto, One hour Aerial Tour of Toronto and Niagara Falls with iflyTOTO, Smartphone Audio Driving Tour between Wasaga Beach and Toronto, Niagara Falls Luxury Day Tour From Toronto with Cruise and Lunch, Luxury Small-Group Niagara Falls Day Tour from Toronto with Hornblower Cruise. This trail is estimated to be 13.4 km long. Our favourite part of this route however was the McCarstens Lake trail. These reviews are the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. No results No results Shopping cart $ 0.00. Your email address will not be published. ALLTRAILS and the AllTrails Mountain Design are registered trademarks of AllTrails, LLC in the United States as well as certain other jurisdictions. OR take Airport Rd. Experience this 10.5-km loop trail near Mono, Ontario. 705.435.2498 Email, For more information, visit www.ontarioparks.com/park/monocliffs. So if you are late, maybe that is an option, even though we cannot comment on how safe it is. One of my favourite trails ever! At the end of Lookout, turn right onto McCarsten's Lake Trail . Mono Cliffs Provincial Park - Carriage Trail to Walter Tovell to Clifftop and Back to Parking. Its been a long 3 months since Canadians are stuck in their homes, painstakingly keeping themselves away from business, social gatherings, travel and a lot many things they they loved or needed. Full-colour PDF Map (from Edition 30 of the Bruce Trail Reference) Skip to content. . Do the lookout trail instead and skip this insanity. I have a passion for travel, hiking, and local travel in Ontario! Some of the trails are actually part of the Bruce trail which runs all the way from Niagara to Tobermory. Some trails allow bicycles and some even allow horse riding. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); If you have any corrections or new information you'd like to send us, we'd love your input. My daughter and her husband introduced us to this park last week. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Some muddy sections can get slippery. Some people social distanced and wore masks, but some don't. This is a great way to get out with the family and explore an interesting part of the scenic Bruce Trail. Carry some snacks if you are planning for a whole day hike. Great climbs. After around ten minutes we took a small section of the Walter Tovell trail which led us to the Clifftop side trail. These trails have an average 4.5-star rating from 3,480 AllTrails community reviews. There are even some small sections of trail that move through the Mono Cliff rock faces, which are especially pretty after a rain when the moss turns a vibrant green. Nice trail - not busy during the weekday. Dont forget to carry enough water as there is no source of drinking water inside. 94% of travelers recommend this experience. Oh well, the trail was beautiful. 795122 3rd Line Ehs, Mono, Ontario L9W 5Y2 Canada Best nearby Restaurants 1 within 3 miles Mono Cliffs Inn 259 1.4 mi$$ - $$$ Bar Pub Canadian See all Attractions 5 within 6 miles Hockley Valley Provincial Nature Reserve 15 Nature & Wildlife Areas Valleys Museum of Dufferin 14 Speciality Museums Primrose Trout Farm 8 Farms To reach the trailhead for the Mono Cliffs Trail from Orangeville, head north on ON-10 for 7.3 km and turn right onto Dufferin Road 8. Dogs are welcome, but must be on a leash. Map 19 - Mono Cliffs quantity. good trail. Begin by following Carriage Trail from the trailhead, then turn right onto Spillway Trail. Here is a map of the park showing all the available trails. You can then link up with the Cliff-Top Side Trail and follow it north into the heart of the park. Informacin detallada del sitio web y la empresa: clubmenorca.com, +34971377978 Club menorca | clifftop guesthouse, bar & restaurant in cala en porter, menorca 8), then go east eight km past the village of Mono Centre to the 3rd Line E.H.S. Cliff Top Side Trail - Carriage Trail - Spillway Trail, McCarston's Lake, Carriage and Spillway Trail, Carriage - Spillway - Lookout - McCarsten's Lake - Clifftop, Lookout Side Trail via Spillway Trail Loop, Carriage Trail, Spillway Trail, and Walter Tovell Trail Loop, Bruce Trail to Lookout Side Trail to South Outlier Loop Trail. Mono Cliffs Provincial Park is a 750-hectare Ontario park and features 30-metre cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment, bedrock outliers, a glacial spillway, ponds, streams and a kettle lake. North one km on 3rd Line E.H.S. Voyageur Tripper is a blog dedicated to outdoor adventure for those of us who arent professional explorers. We started our hike along the Carriage trail. They explained that there was limited parking spots and due to recent parking issues, the township made all side roads no parking. Follow this to the end, then turn right onto Cliff Top Trail. Keep your eyes open for a bright yellow barn, visible from the road. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions, Hiking Cliff-Top Side Trail at Mono Cliffs Provincial Park. Check for any Trail changes since maps were published here. Hiking. The Carriage Trail is short and has a wooden staircase that lets you climb to a clifftop viewing platform. With a beautiful woodland setting and fairly easy access from the major population centre of Toronto, the only real downfall of the Mono Cliffs Trail is that it can become very busy during peak season, as people are looking to escape the city and reconnect with the outdoors. We did like that the park is big, but if you are looking for a more untouched place to hike and more than an Instagram shot of a cliff then I would try something else. Parking, Picnic Areas, Designated Rest Areas, Washrooms. Generally considered a moderately challenging route, it takes an average of 2 h 58 min to complete. We took the Carriage route trail from the parking lot, took those steep stairs up, took a short break, then did the "green" Clifftop trail north, saw the lookout and the rocky cliffs at the 2nd set of stairs, then took the "blue" Walter Tovell trail and Link trail back down, took a break at one of the ponds to snack and feed the baby, eventually returning to the Carriage trail to get back to the lot. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher. Its a great trail with an easy level of difficulty.. and it has multiple trails connected so that we can choose and plan the walk/hike to suit our need. I rated it easy but there were some technical stretches along Clifftop. I look forward to going back in the Fall. (Dufferin County Rd. But we left something for next time. Carry an insect repellent as there are a lot of annoying bugs and mosquitoes in the forest. Spillway continues to become Walter Tovell Side Trail, which you follow until you reach Lookout Side Trail. Take hwy. I think the Town of Mono needs to look into this and see what can be done to alleviate the hassle for people who live on that road. A lot of reviews mention too many people, well it is a pandemic and people need something to do, so expect there to be a lot of people. To avoid the crowds take the South Outlier Trail which breaks off to the left as you leave the open fields when first walking into the park. This park has a small parking lot which fills up quickly so be sure to arrive early. After 225 m, head right at the four-way intersection onto the Bruce Trail/Cliff Top Trail, following it through the forest for 1.6 km to arrive at the edge of a charming lake. Now lot of people complete their visit by only following the Carriage trail to the viewing platform. Behind the scenes or on the trail, there are many ways to volunteer. This park has a small parking lot which fills up quickly so be sure to arrive early. For more information, please review the park website: Cliff Top Side Trail - Carriage Trail - Spillway Trail, McCarston's Lake, Carriage and Spillway Trail, Lookout Side Trail via Spillway Trail Loop, Carriage Trail, Spillway Trail, and Walter Tovell Trail Loop, Bruce Trail to Lookout Side Trail to South Outlier Loop Trail, Bruce Trail: 5th Line EHS to 4th Lane EHS, Griffith Ravine & Peter Beecham Side Trail. the lookout isnt anything too special but its nice. Home; About. Ready for your next walk or bike ride? All rights reserved. If youre a brand looking for a partnership, please visit my Work With Me guidelines. Beautiful walk through the woods and you even get a fabulous view! Fairly busy in the popular sections. If it had been working, I think we would have to pay $11 in coins so be prepared! 2019 Ted Fund Donors Surprised by how many other people we encountered. It may take two weeks to complete the entire route, but it's easy to dip in and out for half-day or full-day hikes along the route. The trail was super nice though, definitely coming back in the future! Accessibility - A Guide for Accessible Web Design, Carriage Trail - Mono Cliffs Provincial Park, Lookout Side Trail - Mono Cliffs Provincial Park, South Outlier Loop Mono Cliffs Prov. Fourteen km northeast of Orangeville, four km east of Mono Centre. Botanists have noted that the local vegetation . Explore one of 3 easy hiking trails in Mono Cliffs Provincial Park that are ideal for the whole family. Great trail, well maintained, lots of options and good signage. Want to reach out to Mikaela? The fee station is located towards the end of the parking lot and accepts coins and cards. Really great time today. The area is characterized by a floor of ferns, a canopy of cedars and rocky, exposed cliffs. Just amazed at the amount of people and the severe lack of parking spaces. However, I did not have to pay for parking when we went, which was an added bonus. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. For more information on trails or to view a trail video by activity please go to the OTC Youtube Channel. 95% of travelers recommend this experience. Thank you for your support! There is someone there giving tickets. In these pages youll read about the significant strides we made in 2022 towards achieving our vision. Maybe we covered only around 10 kilometres in around 3 hours, but we were stopping a lot to absorb and click the pretty scenery around us. Be a part of our trail community! Frankfurt an der Oder, city, Brandenburg Land (state), eastern Germany. Think Twice Before You Go, especially on a Weekend! All Rights Reserved.