The tragic, unexpected death of Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington was ruled a suicide by hanging on July 20, when his body was discovered in his Los Angeles home. A beacon of light and hope is what you will always be to us. The report reveals that Bennington may have been under the influence of multiple substances at the time of his death. #fuckdepression #MakeChesterProud pic.twitter.com/VW44eOER4k. Bennington's death is being investigated as a possible suicide. NeonNettle. It was an outlet for my anger and depression. Pauley Perrette, who plays Abby on NCIS, offered prayers to Bennington's friends and family. But rumors that their deaths were connected in any nefarious way are based on speculation and not evidence, and Your News Wire's headline thus falsely proclaims "Police: Chester Bennington Was Murdered.". 22 May 2017. According to a police report, Bennington was pronounced dead at 9:08 am July 20 Palo Verdes Estates, California. On Oct. 27, members of Linkin Park, Blink-182, No Doubt and numerous other stars held a tribute concert in Benningtons honor at Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl. I used to listen to hybrid theory and metora throughout my 20s. Katy Perry sent her thoughts to "all the family left behind," andAshley Greene said her "heart breaks for his family and children. Juicy J also called the singer a "legend.". There is no evidence that Bennington or Cornell were murdered in an effort to cover up a debunked pedophile sex ring. Earlier today, the surviving members of Linkin Park issued a statement expressing their profound grief over Benningtons passing. The only answer I know is to raise our babies with every ounce of love I have left," Chester's widow Talinda Bennington previously shared with E! Chester Bennington: five of his best Linkin Park performances, Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington soothed the angst of millions, Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every morning. Ryan Seacrest sent his"thoughts and prayers" over the "tragic loss.". News confirmed that Chester was found dead in a private home near Los Angeles. Bennington had spoken about his struggles with drug and alcohol addiction, as well as depression. On July 20, 2017, he was found dead at his home in Palos Verdes Estates, California; the coroner concluded that he had died as a result of suicide by hanging. Chester Bennington died of suicide by hanging and was found on the morning of July 20th in his Palos Verdes Estates home in Los Angeles County, a week In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14. "Hi, I'm Draven Bennington and I'm here on National Suicide Prevention Week and I want to make a commitment that I will talk to someone before I hurt myself when I'm feeling depressed, sad or going through a hard week, month or year," the 15-year-old shared in the clip. Rihanna took to Instagram to share her condolences. An earlier version of this story reportedMDMA(ecstasy) was also detected, though TMZ now asserts that after Benningtons blood tested presumptive positive for the drug, two subsequenttests disproved this. Authorities reported finding a bottle of the sleeping medicationZolpidem on Benningtons dresser, along with an empty beer bottle and a pint glass half-filled with beer. ", Contributing: Kim Willis and Bill Keveney. He was interviewed for a Detroit News story about theories surrounding the singer's death by fans unsatisfied with the suicide ruling, which is where Your News Wire lifted this information from. 2023 Billboard Media, LLC. The quote doesn't appear in any other news report about the incident. Jones, Alex. The cause of his death remains unknown, but sources close to the family say he had been battling a long list of health problems, including an addiction to prescription drugs and alcohol. There was a history of suicidal ideation [in Bennington].. "You touched so many lives, maybe even more than you realizedthe family will never be whole without you.". We feel your loss as well. OneRepublic tweeted in all caps, "this BREAKS OUR HEART. This is what depression looked like to us just 36 hrs b4 his death. Linkin Park released their last album earlier this year and had been touring before Benningtons death. You can also text HELLO to 741-741 for free, 24-hour support from the Crisis Text Line. Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington's death has been ruled a suicide by hanging as confirmed by the Los Angeles County coroner's office. No evidence was offered linking Bennington to the non-existent PizzaGate conspiracy other than a circumstantial reference to a revelation he made in a rock magazine interview that he had been molested when he was a child. An autopsy is pending. CBS News. The 41 The singer was 41 years old. Claim: Chester Bennington and Chris Cornell were murdered because they were about to reveal a ring of pedophiles. Chester Bennington was About to Expose the Truth Behind Chris Cornell's Death? Chester Bennington's Wife Says She Cheated On Husband? Part of HuffPost Entertainment. In her following tweet, a 40-second video showed her late husband laughing while sampling trick jelly beans, which were disguised with either sweet or vile flavors. Unfortunately, a toxicology report released this week offers little in the way of answers. "If I think back to when I was really young, to when I was being molested, to when all these horrible things were going on around me, I shudder," he said in one interview.He attributed his abuse to his alcohol and drug addiction he struggled with in later life, but after marrying his second wife in 2007 he said he his life turned around for the better and he never looked back.In a 2011 interview, he said he was sober. ", And Garbage offered sincere condolences to "everyone who loved him.". The Linkin Park band member had in the past On Tuesday (Dec. 5), further details have emerged detailing the conditions of Benningtons death, via autopsy and toxicology results. Detroit News. Close to two months after the Linkin Park singer died at 41, his teenage son is appearing in a powerful video that features an important message. Your culture and entertainment cheat-sheet. Tributes have continued to pour in for Bennington from the music industry, with Benningtons former bandmates at the Stone Temple Pilots (he anchored the band from 2013 to 2015) issuing a statement on their official site, entitled Chester. My whole life, Ive just felt a little off, he said in an interview earlier this year with Music Choice. She has been outspoken about her husbands battle with depression and addiction, and has been an advocate for mental health awareness. Families and friends of both men say they were shocked by the news and that they were "in a good place", yet the mainstream media paints a very different picture of how they were battling with addiction and depression and were "suicidal".The two singers had something much more troubling in common: Pedophilia. The demons who took you away from us were always part of the deal After all, it was the way you sang about those demons that made everyone fall in love with you in the first place," the band wrote. The two men were friends in fact, Bennington took his life on what would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chris Cornell passed away on May 18, 2017 in Detroit, meaning the project was abandoned and the production company was disbanded before his death, not after, as the post claims. Your News Wire is not a reliable source of information -- they regularly post inaccurate articles and unfounded conspiracy theories. By Author Tyler Johnson at His body was discovered by a housekeeper who found the singer hanging from a bedroom door. How do I pick up my shattered soul? It is just so tragic and there are no words," the friend told Radar. As the news was reported by outlets like the Twitter account of Associated Press, Bennington's Linkin Park co-vocalist Mike Shinoda soon confirmed the situation. Its likely not a coincidence that Bennington killed himself on what would have been Cornells 53rd birthday. 0:55. International Association for Suicide Prevention, a 40-second video showed her late husband, after the 41-year-old took his life at his Southern California home, also spoke out against suicide this week in videos. 20 July 2017. According to close friends of Mr. Bennington, Cornell had shared "troubling" information with him shortly before his death.After news of his shock death emerged, friends said that while they never suspected he'd kill himself, Bennington was "never the same" after the death of his close friend Chris Cornell. Six children lost their father. According to his longtime friend Ryan Shuck (who played guitar in Benningtons side project Dead by Sunrise) he had been six months sober at one point in 2017. Via NeonNettle, Reviews - Interviews - Promo - Radio Play, This site requires Javascript to function properly - please enable Javascript in your browser. Brooklyn Decker and Andy Roddick: Were Pregnant! "Chester and Chris were so close, and he was never the same after Chriss death," the friend told Radar. People alsothanked Bennington for his contribution to music. 0:00. WebAs the world mourns the death of Linkin Park's singer Chester Bennington, the circumstances surrounding his death are shrouded in suspicion.His death was ruled as a suicide by police after he was found hanging at his home in Palos Verdes near LA on Thursday morning, despite the lack of a toxicology report or an official Los Angeles Limp Bizkits Fred Durst also remembered him on Instagram, sharing a picture of the pair with the words Gonna miss you, while Placebo warned on Facebook of the life-threatening nature of the twin demons of addiction and depression. This is one of several strange videos of Chester Bennington leading up to the singers suicide. July 24, 2017 Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington s cause of death has been ruled a suicide by hanging, the Los Angeles County coroners office has confirmed. Most Shocking Celebrity Deaths of All Time Chris Cornell passed away on May 18, 2017 in Detroit, meaning the project was abandoned and the production company was disbanded before his death, not after, If you or someone you know needs help, call the national suicide hotline: 1-800-273-TALK. Now, nearly a year after Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington took his own life, its clear to his widow that in the days before he died, there were warning signs. The celebrity status of both men means relevant details about their deaths are publicly available. Farrah Abraham Congratulates Matt Baier, Slams Amber Portwood! Strang concluded his statement by urging anyone who might be suffering from thoughts of suicide or self-harm to call .National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). The findings, published through TMZ, show a trace amount of alcohol in the singers system at the time of death. It is a sad day today to know that so many of us will no longer share in your laughter, friendship and love, it reads. 24 March 2017. Chester's bandmates would also post an open letter on Facebook expressing their shared grief. 10 July 2017. It was also revealed that Bennington, along with his fellow band members, had recently wrapped an episode of Carpool Karaoke with James Corden just days before his death. 21 July 2017. As he walks away he smiles at the camera. Ligature marks were found around Cornell's neck, and the cause of death was determined to be suicide by hanging. In the UK, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123. Get weekly rundowns straight to your inbox, A daily briefing on what matters in the music industry. In a 22 May 2017 post, Cody claimed Cornell was murdered because he was about to expose pedophiles involved in PizzaGate, a debunked conspiracy theory holding that a child sex trafficking ring linked to Hillary Clinton was being run out of Comet Ping Pong, a Washington, D.C., pizzeria. The Soundgarden singer also took his own life by hanging recently. Draven added, "I want to challenge you to do the same: To help yourself, not hurt yourself.". Friends and family of Chester Bennington said they were in absolute "shock" over the rock star's apparent suicide and stressed that they believed he "was in a good place in his life". TheMetalDen.com. Naturally, many questions remain as to what led Bennington to commit suicide on the birthday of his friend Chris Cornell, who had also recently hung himself. The Linkin Park frontman had battled depression and alcoholism throughout his life and attended rehab in 2006. We will miss you.. Chester Bennington, the lead singer of the rock band Linkin Park, was found dead Thursday according to a spokesman for the LA County Coroner. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA Enterprise and the Google, Visit Billboard Pro for music business news, Hayley Williams Drops Alt-Pop Ode to Quarantine Companions MyFriend, Twenty One Pilots Take on the Quarantine Blues With Level of Concern:Watch, Dave Grohl Once Lost His Mind Over a Secret Jam Sesh With Prince: Read HisStory, According to his longtime friend Ryan Shuck. And I know that all of you will help keep his memory alive. All Rights Reserved.