Preserve The Very Best. Do not use table salt, kosher salt, Epsom salts, or iodized sea salts: Non-iodized fine-grain sea salt is best for avoiding additives, as well as its ability to dissolve into a solution. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". Celtic salt, fleur de sel and Hawaiian salt are popular varieties of sea salt. Non-Oral Piercings. One 2013 study found that wounds irrigated with tap water had similar rates of infections to those cleaned with sterile saline. Non-iodized sea salt is the preferred type of salt because it does not include extra additives or preservatives often present in other types of salt.Morton Fine Grind Mediterranean Sea Salt, 4.4 oz . You have to simply hold it over the area of piercing for a maximum of 5 minutes or until the time when the water is not cool down. Proper care is crucial to preventing infection and ensuring a speedy recovery. Do not use table salt, kosher salt, Epsom salts, or iodized sea salts: Non-iodized fine-grain sea salt is best for avoiding additives, as well as its ability to dissolve into a solution. Non-iodized salt will only provide the body with sodium, an excess of which can cause many health problems like high blood pressure, stroke, and other health-related issues. Score: 4.4/5 (52 votes) . Choosing nonionized sea salt can put people at risk of iodine deficiency, and so they must seek other sources of iodine in their diets. . Application. Use homemade saline to clean wounds and piercings, irrigate your sinuses, rinse your mouth, or clean out your ears. When you are finished using the salt solution, it is very important to rinse with plain water afterwards. Which sea salt for piercing? canister. . Cleanse with a saline or sea salt soak. Can you use iodized salt instead of kosher? Do Men Still Wear Button Holes At Weddings? Answer (1 of 3): While I have never had a pro piercing, in the early 80's I was a punk rocker, and USN dental wisdom teeth removal damaged my chin nerves. Gently dry the piercing with a clean, disposable paper towel or tissue. Use less to make a less concentrated salt solution if burning or stinging is experienced. Alternatively, you can buy a packaged sterile saline solution from a store. List down all of their suggestions and then make the right choice for your solution selection which suits your piercing type as well. For 1 cup of water put 1/4th teaspoon sea salt. Which Teeth Are Normally Considered Anodontia? At Morton Salt, we make sure only the best salt crystals reach your plate, so every dish you create will be as flavorful as you intend. (Both slow the healing of pierced area by drying and killing new healthy cells.) Galiano says to do a sea salt soak twice a day for the duration of the healing process, which differs depending on the piercing. I would wash it with the salt once a day until you can get to the drug store and buy a saline spray/generic piercing spray that you can use a few times a day. Just as a cut or wound might be vulnerable, piercings are also vulnerable to infection while they heal. Iodized salt is the best, and in many settings, the only dietary source of iodine. Applying a warm compress to the infected earlobe or cartilage. For example, to use kosher salt in place of 1 teaspoon table salt, you will need to add another 1/4 teaspoon to the measurement. "It is possible to make your own salt soak at home but there is a little bit more room for user error. Laser Tattoo Removal Can Cause Blisters Here's Why and How to Treat Them. Katz U, et al. Morton Fine Grind Mediterranean Sea Salt, 4.4 oz. (n.d.). Rinse with water in the shower or use sterile saline wound wash. Answer: You should not be using kosher salt, table salt, or iodized sea salts. Helix, What Happens If You Change Your Earring Before 6, How to Prevent Nose Piercing From Falling Out in Sleep at. This can be purchased or made with sea salt (with no iodine added!) These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. 5 mL to 1 mL) to of the non-iodized (iodine-free) sea salt right into almost one cup (8 oz./ 236 mL) of warm distilled or the bottled water. You have to make sure that the ratio of the salt-to- water is fully correct. For any piercing, it can work in genuinely a few minutes and that too on a cost-effective basis. A sea salt soak is effective at softening up and gently removing debris that can accumulate, says Faris. Saline solution for contact lenses contains additives that are not safe for healing piercings. Pick the one which is having both active and inactive ingredients. The best way to solve your swelling and issues is to identify whats causing them. (2013). To make a salt solution, mix 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized sea salt in 8 oz. If you are DIY-ing your sea salt mixture, combine a pinch of non-iodized fine-grain sea salt (about 1/8 teaspoon) and about 1/2 cup of very warm water in a small bowl. . Iodine can be oxidized and cause a harmless darkening of foods over time, so people want to be able to preserve the initial appearance of the food. How to Treat Infected Ear Piercings, According to Derms, If You're Getting a Belly Button Piercing, Here's What You Should Know, Lip Piercings: Cost, Placement, Aftercare, and More, The Complete Guide to Industrial Bar Piercings, Considering a Daith Piercing? Always have faith in the well-known and reputed brands, as they maintain a proper standardization. The very first thing you should consider is the brand name. Fights build-up and extends the life of your water softener. It may also relieve inflammation, rinse the area, and flush out the wound as the piercing heals. Answer: No. It is usually not iodized, but some brands may contain an anti-caking agent. As Galiano points out, you should avoid using hot water on your piercing, as it can cause inflammation, swelling, and pain. Saline Soaks - How to Soak. I found I would use the iodized salt twice a day and my piercing would be inflamed and . To make Saline Solution all you need is warm mineral water and fine grain sea salt (sodium chloride) we recommend to use iodized sea salt. Morton Fine Grind Mediterranean Sea Salt, container. For a heart-healthy diet, we should consume salt in moderation. Sofor 6 months I could stick a safety pin into my chin for shock value, while gave ME no pain, but freaked people out to my amusement. 2005-2023 Healthline Media a Red Ventures Company. of warm distilled or bottled water. You can make this solution by mixing 1 teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water. When in doubt, purchased ready-made from the store.". After spending time and money to get a new piercing, youre probably pretty invested in keeping it. You can also use distilled water for the ultimate sterile (and longer-lasting) saline solution. What can I use to clean my piercing if I dont have sea salt? The significant role played by bitcoin for businesses! Explore uncharted grain sizes, textures and tastes with Morton Kosher and Sea Salts, plus get tips that up your cooking game. What kind of sea salt do you use for a nose piercing? Read our. "I suggest a sterile gentle mist saline wound wash because it makes more efficient use of the product," he says. A water softener can work miracles on well water by turning rusty water clear, removing sulfur odors, and eliminating minerals that clog pipes and damage appliancesbut only when it's filled . Clean the piercing with either a saline solution, a fragrance-free antimicrobial soap, or both once or twice per day. But you might also want to make your own. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Doing this can keep your wound clean and promote healing. 5 mL to 1 mL) to of non-iodized (iodine-free) sea salt into one cup (8 oz./ 236 mL) of warm distilled or bottled water. Do not make the solution too salty: Too much salt can be irritating to the piercing and the skin. Simply mix 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt with 1 cup warm to hot tap water until it dissolves. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Soak the piercing in the mixture for five minutes. Question: Can I use a contact saline solution to clean my piercing? Purchase 1 gallon (3.8 L) of purified water, or purify tap water at home. Many people keep it on hand for a relaxing sea salt bath. This was all about the top recommended and best sea salt to use for piercings in 2021! This sea salt solution for ear lobe piercing is one of the top-recommended products for the ear piercing. Sea salt, available in fine or coarse crystals, is distilled from ocean water. You can soak a sterile bandage or dressing in sea salt solution and drape your piercing, thereby soaking it in the salty water. Add 2 cups of water to a microwave-safe container. Natural Sea Salt, Fine Himalayan Pink Salt, Table Salt, Canning & Pickling Salt. One way to help your new piercing stay healthy is to soak it in a sea salt or saline mixture. Can I UsE normal salt instead of sea salt for piercings? By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Can you use rubbing alcohol to clean piercings? We strongly suggest soaking your piercing at least twice a daymore often if healing is difficult. If in case if you are thinking about cleaning your any new piercing, then you should never resort yourself on some harsh chemicals or antibacterial soaps or even hydrogen peroxide. What can I use instead of saline solution for my piercing? 1/4 tsp of non-iodised fine grain salt(not regular sea salt, pink Himalayan salt works too) to one cup of pre-boiled warm water is the perfect ratio.Too much salt can irritate your healing piercing. Can I UsE normal salt instead of sea salt for piercings? , Add 1/8 to 1/4 of a teaspoon of the sea salt, and allow it to dissolve. Avoid drinking alcohol for the first weeks. Can I use Morton salt for piercing? Why does phosphorus exist as P4 and not p2? Learn all you should know about getting a Medusa piercing, like making an appointment, how much it will hurt, aftercare, and more. Apply them to your piercing. Kosher salt, on the other hand, has slightly larger crystals and therefore a more pinch-able, easy to control texture. Four different kinds of cryptocurrencies you should know. Here's how to prepare a sea salt solution for cleaning or soaking your piercing: Pour 1 cup of warm water into a cup or bowl. You can effortlessly take it alongside you on travel time which is their largest advantage so far. This sea salt spray solution will completely flush off and irrigates the whole piercing area. Answer: You should not be using kosher salt, table salt, or iodized sea salts. Wait until the solution is room temperature to use. Answer: For making saline solution for piercing, you will need a non-iodized sea salt mixture in which you have to dissolve 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon (. As you switch to other types of jewelry while your piercing heals, its helpful to clean the jewelry any time you clean the piercing. The single best thing you can do for your piercing is to keep a regular regimen of salt water soaks. For me, it is effective to use and will show some quick successful results. . Hydrogen peroxide can damage your healthy cells around a wound and inhibit healing. Why Do Cross Country Runners Have Skinny Legs? What kind of salt helps piercings? While most of the minerals naturally found in sea salt can be acquired through other foods in the diet in more meaningful quantities, it is not the case for iodine. You actually might not even need the saline, though. Do not use table salt, kosher salt, Epsom salts, or iodized sea salts: Non-iodized fine-grain sea salt is best for avoiding additives, as well as its ability to dissolve into a solution. plus you can just leave the spray on and it can help dislodge the crusties so that they come off with water flow in the shower. Dissolve 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized (iodine free) sea salt into one cup (8 oz) of warm distilled or bottled water. Room temperature is best, so just leave it in your pantry! View More Details. What soap should I use to clean my piercing? We strongly suggest soaking your piercing at least twice a daymore often if healing is difficult. We strongly suggest soaking your piercing at least twice a daymore often if healing is difficult. Karen L. Hudson is a tattoo artist and contributing writer for Byrdie. This is not an iodized sea salt. This method is the easiest by far. TimesMojo is a social question-and-answer website where you can get all the answers to your questions. For example, one gram of table salt, sea salt and kosher salt each has 0.4 grams of sodium. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Almost anything involving poking holes in flesh with sharp metal. Dip squares of clean gauze or dressing into the sea salt solution and allow them to saturate. Clean your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap. How long do you have to do sea salt soaks? Now below we have a detailed list of Best Sea Salt Solution for Piercings 2020. Using a saline solution or sea salt solution to keep it clean can be one way to keep your piercing site free from infection as it heals. ): 40. Assadian O, et al. You can pour tap water through a water filter, or purchase purified water if you dont have access to one just make sure the bottle is labelled as purified. How do you clean an infected earring hole? Use pure sea salt (non-iodized) and not table salt, which contains extra chemicals that can irritate your piercing and dextrose (sugar) that can cause yeast infections. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. container. In favor of the piercings just like nipples, penis, or ear piercing, your whole body part has to be submerged in the solution. Answer: You can make the best use of some warm water and soap. Start out right by taking good care of it. EMMY NOMINATIONS 2022: Outstanding Limited Or Anthology Series, EMMY NOMINATIONS 2022: Outstanding Lead Actress In A Comedy Series, EMMY NOMINATIONS 2022: Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series, EMMY NOMINATIONS 2022: Outstanding Lead Actress In A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie, EMMY NOMINATIONS 2022: Outstanding Lead Actor In A Limited Or Anthology Series Or Movie. Do not use table salt, kosher salt, Epsom salts, or iodized sea salts: Non-iodized fine-grain sea salt is best for avoiding additives, as well as its ability to dissolve into a solution. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours. From nostril to navel (and beyond), a newor first!body piercing is pretty exciting. You can even do this for piercings in other areas in case youre not game for a soak in the tub. You have to be sure that your ears dont get exposed to germs or dirt when cleaning. When you get a piercing, youre deliberately creating an opening in your skin on part of your body. Compatible with most water softeners. I works with expert piercer and writes original content based on their recommendations. That might not seem like much salt, but a stronger solution is more likely to irritate your piercing, according to the. Do not use table salt, kosher salt, Epsom salts, or iodized sea salts: Non-iodized fine-grain sea salt is best for avoiding additives, as well as its ability to dissolve into a solution.Do not make the solution too salty: Too much salt can be irritating to the piercing and the skin. Here I have also have one video for you from youtube which will definitely help you to get details in proper manner: This sea salt solution is one of the most top recommended and trusted by piercing experts. (2019). Add 1/8 to 1/4 of a teaspoon of the sea salt, and allow it to dissolve. sea salt Sea salt comes from a natural source and contains other minerals, but it does not contain iodine. It consists of sodium and chloride. Question: How to make a saline solution for piercings? container. Most brands are not iodized, but check labels to be sure. Label on my MORTON Coarse Kosher Salt says " . These include "increasing pain, redness, and oozing or discharge," says Nazarian. As you start looking for any sea salt solution, you should never miss taking the recommendations. You can use any type of salt for salt water gargles. I covered all kind of stuff related to piercing. Your piercer should send you home with some instructions, and most likely, they involve gently cleaning the piercing with mild, non-antibacterial soap and warm water every day. Read out the reviews and features and pick the best non-iodized fine-grain sea salt: Your email address will not be published. What You Should Know Before Getting a Dermal Piercing, Everything You Need to Know Before Getting a Medusa Piercing, Debra Rose Wilson, Ph.D., MSN, R.N., IBCLC, AHN-BC, CHT, What to Know Before Getting a Tragus Piercing, What's Really in Tattoo Ink? It is recommended that you should be soaking your piercing into the sea salt for at least twice times in a day to control the whole healing process. Question: How to clean ear piercing with salt water? It might be coming out as the best option for the piercing as compared to the plain ordinary water, but sometimes it is not the best solution at all. Score: 4.9/5 (11 votes) . Distilled water is best, and bottled water is a second choice; depending on your local water quality, you may need to avoid tap water unless . (2015). For a heart-healthy diet, we should consume salt in moderation. All in all, this is an extraordinarily advisable and pleasant sea salt solution which is even advocated by the medical practitioner and piercing experts too. This best sea salt solution for nostril piercings is especially effective and will show off natural results at the time of the healing process. It should only be based on the salt (sodium chloride) and possibly such sort of anti-caking agent. Saline/Salt Water Soaks: The best thing you can do for your piercing is a saline soak 2-4 times a day, completely submerging your piercing in the solution for 7-10 minutes. Pour 1 cup of warm water into a cup or bowl. Don't use normal kitchen salt. Unavailable at South Loop. Can I use Morton salt for piercing? We strongly suggest soaking your piercing at least twice a daymore often if healing is difficult. What if I use iodized salt on a piercing? Healing Sea Salts & AFTERCARE, SaltWorks Mediterra Mediterranean Sea Salt, Neil Med Neil Cleanse Piercing Aftercare, Fine Mist, 100% Pure Dead Sea Mineral Bath Salt 5Lb Frag Free, When Can I Change My Cartilage Piercing to a Hoop? Can you UsE tap water for sea salt soaks? Plochmans Premium Kosher Certified Salt has the perfect size crystals for drawing out moisture from meat during the koshering process. The Recovery Aftercare Sea Salt helps the healing process of new piercings by soothing irritated skin, reduce swelling, minimize scaring and removing crust and bacteria. Do not use table salt, kosher salt, Epsom salts, or iodized sea salts: Non-iodized fine-grain sea salt is best for avoiding additives, as well as its ability to dissolve into a solution. Do not use table salt, kosher salt, Epsom salts, or iodized sea salts: Non-iodized fine-grain sea salt is best for avoiding additives, as well as its ability to dissolve into a solution. Do not make the solution too salty: Too much salt can be irritating to the piercing and the skin. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. "There are several brandnames producing it, butanyproduct labeled sterile wound wash and lacking additives should do the trick. You're fine. The Piercing Home all about earrings is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. They are accountable to completely flush out the piercing and help out to draw a certain discharge. North American Salt 40-lb Water Softener Salt Pellets with Iron Reduction. Prepare a salt solution. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. It wont be inflicting any type of stinging or burning for the piercing area at any point. Can you use pink Himalayan sea salt for piercings? While most of the minerals naturally found in sea salt can be acquired through other foods in the diet in more meaningful quantities, it is not the case for iodine. What kids should know about pierced ears injuries. There are so many ways and methods that you can adopt for healing your piercing treatment against any sort of irritation or itchiness. Do not use table salt, kosher salt, Epsom salts, or iodized sea salts: Non-iodized fine-grain sea salt is best for avoiding additives, as well as its ability to dissolve into a solution. You can buy saline nose drops at a pharmacy, or you can make your own saline solution: 2022 - 2023 Times Mojo - All Rights Reserved Can I use just water to clean my nose piercing? I got five bags free with the new unit. Five ways to get rid of a nose piercing bump. . How do you make saline solution for piercings? (1 cup) of warm water. I find it so much advantageous as I have used it on my piercing areas without any hassle. Non-iodized fine-grain sea salt is yet taken to be best for the sake of avoiding additives, or even the ability to dissolve right into the solution. Wash your hands with antibacterial or antimicrobial soap before you or someone else is about to handle or clean your piercing. Proper wound care: how to minimize a scar. Once the anchor is in place, your piercer will top it off with the. This all-natural salt blends easily with liquid to make a clear brine, helping to preserve and bring out the flavor of your favorite canned creations. This non-iodized sea salt solution for piercings even plays an important role to stimulate blood circulation and soothe the irritation happening at the time of piercing. Even the piercing professionals will recommend it because it is extraordinarily useful in cleansing the complete body to keep away from any type of contamination and promote healing. A stronger set of solutions can somehow irritate your piercing, so make sure you do not add too much salt! The solution also helps to flush away debris from the piercing entrance and exit. When we call for salt in recipes at The Kitchn, fine table salt is what we mean. It plays an important role. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. It is recommended that you should be soaking your piercing into the sea salt for at least twice times in a day. Which Teeth Are Normally Considered Anodontia? Salt has natural anti bacterial properties and is best f. Why did the Gupta Empire collapse 3 reasons? I think it got swollen because it's a new piercing and I accidentally played with it without noticing and yesterday it was throbbing with pain. The Recovery Aftercare Sea Salt helps the healing process of new piercings by soothing irritated skin, reduce swelling, minimize scaring and removing crust and bacteria. Get an idea about where can I buy sea salt for piercings. Replace your table salt with this iodine free all-natural Kosher salt and enhance the flavor of all your cooking and baking. Its the iodine in iodized salt that helps the body make thyroid hormone, which is critical to an infants brain development. Use non iodised sea salt. This research will help you to save not just your time but even your money too. There are many packaged sterile saline solutions available, including Wound Wash and Blairex. You have to make the use of pure sea salt (non-iodized) and not the table salt, which is basically, included with some extra chemicals which can irritate the piercing area even more. Once salt is this fine, most, if not all, impurities have been eliminated, and the product is pure sodium chloride. Do not make the solution too salty: Too much salt can be irritating to the piercing and the skin. This is the most recent addition to my fermenting salt arsenal. Saline solution that is too strong can irritate the piercing. If there are any other solutions or remedies to help with this please let me know. Non-iodized sea salt is the preferred type of salt because it does not include extra additives or preservatives often present in other types of salt.Morton Fine Grind Mediterranean Sea Salt, 4.4 oz. Make sure you put down a fairly thick layer of salt to draw out the moisture from the pelt.Non-iodized salt absorbs moisture faster and better then iodized salt. A fresh batch of saline solution should be made fresh daily but a solution can be safety stored for up to 2-3 days. To make sure the healing process goes as smoothly as possible, wash your hands before you touch your piercing or jewelry. How often should I soak my piercing in salt water? Do not make the solution too salty: Too much salt can be irritating to the piercing and the skin. Instead, use warm water. There honestly is no replacement for natural sea salt to help to the smooth wound. Which sea salt for piercing? All in all, this is an incredibly best and excellent neilmed piercing aftercare which is even pretty recommended by the clinical practitioner and piercing experts too. You should never look for any Himalayan salt for piercings which is already having certain ingredients allergic for your skin. Since the Morton Salt Company . This is the satisfactory aftercare deal on Amazon which you should not miss to purchase right now! You can probably picture yourself submerged in a bathtub, so you can soak your navel or a genital piercing, but what about a facial piercing? Dip squares of clean gauze or dressing into the sea salt solution and allow them to saturate. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Can you miss someone you were never with? Epsom salts are composed of magnesium sulfate. Use Sea Salt (non-iodized) and NOT table salt which contains extra chemicals that can irritate your piercing and dextrose (sugar) that can cause yeast infections. Sea salt has long been revered for its potential cleansing and healing properties, so it's no wonder sea salt for piercings has become a recommended method of caring for new jewels. You should avoid making the solution too much salty, as that can be irritating to the piercing and the skin. Weiss EA, et al. For me, this sea salt solution is exquisite and high-quality to use for nostril piercing, and I even use it for my tattoo removal. Studies show iodized salt is safe to consume with minimal risk of side effects. I've had my nose pierced for over a year. Non-iodized sea salt is the preferred type of salt because it does not include extra additives or preservatives often present in other types of salt.Morton Fine Grind Mediterranean Sea Salt, 4.4 oz. While it is possible to create your own sea salt mixture, Nazarian says that picking up a bottle from the store is the best way to ensure you're using the proper ratio of salt to water. You need to apply it over the ending areas of your piercing so it can heal down the whole piercing of your ear or nose. | New here? Find out how to choose a piercer you can trust and why you should, A dermal piercing starts with an anchor that's inserted underneath your skin. We strongly suggest soaking your piercing at least twice a daymore often if healing is difficult. While research shows this type of salt includes additional trace minerals, the amounts are so small it will not make an impact on your overall well-being. , DO NOT USE Rubbing Alcohol or Hydrogen Peroxide. You can use iodized sea salt, but honestly speaking from personal experience it just irritates your piercing more than anything. Water is a safe and effective alternative to sterile normal saline for wound irrigation prior to suturing: A prospective, double-blind, randomised, controlled clinical trial. (2012). Taking oral antibiotics for more severe infections. canister. A non-iodized based sea salt mixture you make yourself you have to dissolve 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon (. On the whole, this non iodized sea salt brands for piercings solution for your piercing is brilliant to heal your wound rapidly and without any pain. Kosher salt does not contain iodine. container. You can also use distilled water for the ultimate sterile (and longer-lasting) saline solution. Its vital that an appropriate amount of salt is used, typically about an eighth of a teaspoon for a half-cup of water, and that the salt dissolves in the water fully. container. Still, table salt is processed after being harvested. Can I clean my ear piercing with hand sanitizer? Topical preparations for wound healing. ", Typically, healing a piercing is more about not doing things versus specific do's. Capture the fresh flavors of the season with Morton Canning and Pickling Salt. These are both too harsh for long-term use. Well, probably non-iodized sea salt, rather than table salt. 1. Making a Medicinal Sea Salt Soak. Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. For me, this sea salt solution was not just helpful in controlling infection but was also commendable in controlling the maximum sensation. It wont be inflicting any type of stinging or burning for the piercing area at any point. Saline solution that is too strong can irritate the piercing. Hence this best sea salt solution for piercings show magical results and will work as a magic for you. -Sea Salt Soaks: These should be done 1-2 times a day with a teaspoon of sea salt to one cup of warm distilled water, or 4 teaspoons to one gallon (do not used iodized salt which has an additive to prevent clumping). Answer: Maldon Salt, Sea Salt Flakes, 8.5 oz (240 g) is one of the most highly recommended best sea salt for cleaning piercings. Another option is saturating the area for about five seconds, then allowing it to air dry, says Faris. A stronger mixture is not better! But you have to know how to do it correctly, or you might risk infection.